Have the Hornet devs moved back from the Viper? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #71
BuzzU

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not?
Old 11-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #72
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not?
I'm agreeing with you. There should be a closed beta that is used to sort out stuff that shouldn't have been released (Viper no damage model, iff, external lights, etc etc) so that those of us who fly MP don't have to deal with them in the servers (as people will demand them there asap once released)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #73
BuzzU

Exactly.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #74
BoneDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
Possibly a culture thing, but if a company's response to a legitimate criticism about the length of their EA period was 'you shouldn't have bought EA', I'd consider that insulting.
+1

Spoiler:
Windows® 10 Home Premium | 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | 1 X 1TB SSD | 1 X 275GB SSD | Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card | 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz | Oculus Rift S
Old 11-08-2019, 04:29 PM   #75
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
If the Hornet doesn't get significant system work before Q1 2020 - that could be 6 months it will have had minimal updates, and that to me would be absolutely unacceptable abuse of the 'EA' concept.
So a new weapon and datalink pod isn't even considered a minimal update?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #76
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
I'm agreeing with you. There should be a closed beta that is used to sort out stuff that shouldn't have been released (Viper no damage model, iff, external lights, etc etc) so that those of us who fly MP don't have to deal with them in the servers (as people will demand them there asap once released)
A lot of what you say is reasonable, but holding it against us that users are using the aircraft in situations such as MP servers doesn't seem like a fair knock against us. I mean you can simply remove it from missions until it's at a level you are comfortable using it. Saying no one should have it because some people don't like it in MP doesn't seem fair to all.

Its the same with Open Beta itself, because servers adopt Open Beta, it shouldn't be on us if your favourite server is down for a day or two because a crash was found, that is what Open Beta is for.

At the end of the day, Open Beta and Early Access are not for feature-complete things, they are an extension of our testing process. And saying, dont get Early Access or Open Beta in many cases is legit, they will have issues, they will be missing stuff, for everyone one person that is mad about it, there are 10 out there enjoying what they have, and helping report issues, which we hugely appreciate.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #77
norbot

Quote:
So you consider your opinion worthy but no-one else's?

No, but apparently you do.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #78
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
...dont get Early Access or Open Beta in many cases is legit, they will have issues, they will be missing stuff, for everyone one person that is mad about it, there are 10 out there enjoying what they have, and helping report issues, which we hugely appreciate.
This is the mistake that I think ED is making. Everyone understands that EA means bugs and missing features; the problem it the length of time being taken to resolve them.

While I'm not so bothered (I've been around here for many years and am confident ED is in this for the long haul) I also fear that for every one person complaining on this forum, there are several who will consider not buying any more modules; a problem that will only get worse if changes aren't made to the way new modules are released (or indeed, existing ones updated).
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #79
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
So a new weapon and datalink pod isn't even considered a minimal update?
Hi - I'm talking about the core systems that need work mainly - TWS, AZ/EL, AACQ, TGP etc as those are of far more interest to me as a capability improvement for the Hornet than a weapon that is a step back in effectiveness from current weapons available (even though it is a step in the road to SLAM(ER) and I have to admit it's quite a fun weapon using MITL - note I posted a bug report for you with a track).

In my view it is the missing systems that needed work, not 'more weapons' which is why I am glad you have commented on the 'hard push' coming up. My point was that if that were to change for any reason and these things don't come to the Hornet by the end of Q1 - wouldn't you agree that that would be far too long a time frame to be waiting when, for example, TWS has been 'worked on' since July 1st, and by then I would have expected the F16 to have had it for some months...?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #80
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
This is the mistake that I think ED is making. Everyone understands that EA means bugs and missing features; the problem it the length of time being taken to resolve them.

While I'm not so bothered (I've been around here for many years and am confident ED is in this for the long haul) I also fear that for every one person complaining on this forum, there are several who will consider not buying any more modules; a problem that will only get worse if changes aren't made to the way new modules are released (or indeed, existing ones updated).
Both the Viper and Hornet receive very timely updates and fixes when possible. So I am not sure what mistake is being made? I assume we are talking Hornet and Viper anyways...
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread