104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

The ATC freq as of now is 128V, but besides that...

From what I've heard. the Harrier can work with presets only, correct ? Aren't those modifiable in the ME, have you checked what are your presets ?

Yes, and 128 isn't preset in the Harrier...

Regarding your request for ATC cheat sheets, attahced is a WIP version of what I have in my kneeboard. It's tailored to work with Voice Attack + VAICOMPRO voice commands (the red text and voice command columns are keywords), but it could work as a decent starting point for others to reference. I have other ones I am working on for the radio calls, radio etiquette (checking in, etc, etc). Disclaimer: I am no pilot or ATC pro, so this may be not 100% accurate. It's based on a lot of reading and research I've done recently, as well as watching some videos on the subjects. Feel free to call out an inaccuracies.

ATC Inbound.pdf

ATC Outbound.pdf

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding your request for ATC cheat sheets, attahced is a WIP version of what I have in my kneeboard.

Yeah, these are neat. Could be a bit more presentable. I'd try and do one myself tonight and post it here. Yours is great

BTW, I just checked in the ME and 128 is Channel 19 on your V/UHF Radio 2 (by default)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Yeah, these are neat. Could be a bit more presentable. I'd try and do one myself tonight and post it here. Yours is great

BTW, I just checked in the ME and 128 is Channel 19 on your V/UHF Radio 2 (by default)

Radio 2 isn't functional currently in the Harrier...it sets, but it doesn't actually tune to the freq where you can T/R (at least to my knowledge).

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Just joined the server in the Eagle and I noticed camp like building? blocking half taxi way in Kutaisi airbase. Not a big deal but quite funny :D

In general, Its great setup dear Maverick. Thank you so much.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

lmao, I wonder if it's caused by the mission being tuned to work with 2.5...so some positioning of things is a little "off" in the current 1.5?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

"FARPS can also be captured along with airbases. See the below pictures for FARP locations and details.

FARPS in YELLOW are capturable by the enemy!

FARPS in BLACK are not capturable."

I am not that smart, so please forgive me. If the FARPS can be determined as "Captured by the Enemy" (Yellow) or "Not Captured" (Black), how can I see that if the FARPS do not appear on the F10 Map? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Log on to Discord

Notified theres a stream starting of OP Longbow - click it since its a welcome distraction from work.

Some guy in an AV8B is complaining he's been hit on GCI channel.

Fighters cant find any bandits

AV8B guy takes another hit. Crashes.

Kill message - Red player Reaper6 in Ka50 killed Blue player xxx in AV8B with Vikhr.

Reapers back baby:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Just joined the server in the Eagle and I noticed camp like building? blocking half taxi way in Kutaisi airbase. Not a big deal but quite funny :D

This would have been due to a client spawning a FOB on the Airbase.

Kill message - Red player Reaper6 in Ka50 killed Blue player xxx in AV8B with Vikhr.

The guy kills more people than malaria in that thing!

Just read Message #31.

I will give it another go.

Make sure you keep up to date with posts #1 and #2, I am updating them as and when changes, fixes or updates are applied.

I have couple of questions:

Is using SR or TS mandatory at this state ?

If an ATC is active, is it mandatory to follow instructions ?

Is the mission currently progressive or progress is reset on restart ?

Are units skill put on a lower difficulty ?

No.

Not yet.

It is set to restart and is not persistant. We are still testing to see what that run time will be, at the time of posting this message the server has been running for 16 HOURS with high client traffic all day so signs are looking very good to be able to run 12 or 24 hour mission run times.

No they should be set on Excellent be but I will look in to that and check it out tonight.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

now you need to make an in-land one... caucausus map has these big tall things called mountains, that really add to combat and make it a lot more interesting... perhaps between tbilisi and MV or kobuleti and mozdok?

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Log on to Discord

Notified theres a stream starting of OP Longbow - click it since its a welcome distraction from work.

Some guy in an AV8B is complaining he's been hit on GCI channel.

Fighters cant find any bandits

AV8B guy takes another hit. Crashes.

Reapers back baby:)

Reaper6 is back? Wow....hard times for BLUE....met him several times earlier days - or should I say: He met me....hard :megalol:

On Blueflag sometimes dozens of people tried to hunt him - no success.

Welcome back comerade :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

;3364007']

...at the time of posting this message the server has been running for 16 HOURS with high client traffic all day so signs are looking very good to be able to run 12 or 24 hour mission run times.

that is most impressive, I myself have noticed how stable the server has been with zero lag, or at least from what I've seen. Other server owners should be jealous and scared :lol:

In that case, shouldn’t the calls start with “Kutaisi Traffic,...”?

Well, you are right, as there is no active ATC to address, so we address the traffic around the airfield.

I've put it this way, as it makes it closer to when THERE is an active ATC

Reaper6 is back?

Who's this Reaper6 you speak of :music_whistling: I'll shoot him DOWN !

:joystick::pilotfly:

'Shadow'

First crash for the server today ? @10:30Z. People got massively disconnected, followed by a server crash

EDIT: It seems as it didn't crash. There was two huge waves of people getting disconnected. After wards the server wasn't showing up for 5 minutes.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Right now @11:55Z, seem s like when you spawn in "2XB FARP Phoenix UH1H A1" there is no CTLD option. The other 3 slots are working fine.

3 small name repetitions for the slots ->

BLUE: There are two "1 FARP Showtime UH1H A2" and no A1

RED: Two "1 Maykop M2000 B1" no B2; Three "1 FARP Zemo KA50A2", no A3 and A4;

Are we not supposed to put down EWRs as right now that menu is empty ?

'Shadow'

Awesome mission! Taking couple flights in the server today and it certainly brought me some long-missed immersion in DCS MP. And many thanks for the dedicated slots for us at Krymsk, such warm things will always be noted & appreciated;)

One side note, when I was flying the Huey spawned from FARP Gali, I was unable to load crates and it says 'not close enough to logistic' even when I moved from the spawn point to the FARP. The troops are working fine. Possibly a bug? Please look into it when you have time!:)

Edited by Slutcher

One side note, when I was flying the Huey spawned from FARP Gali, I was unable to load crates and it says 'not close enough to logistic' even when I moved from the spawn point to the FARP. The troops are working fine. Possibly a bug? Please look into it when you have time!:)

We had this earlier... there are no logistics on the FARP, you have to bring them in, which is done by creating a FOB I believe (not sure).

You need 3 large FOB (1 large = 3 small), which means that you need 9 deliveries from what I understand, BUT when I was there it said that we already have 1 Large FOB crate there and there was only a small one delivered, so maybe small=large ?

'Shadow'