Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements

Wags

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is up to Beczl, but I think the devs will help out a bit.

I understand that the Ed missiles will have the AfM. But if you look at the mig21. He's adding new missiles to DCS world. Will they get the AfM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not yet, but it has been asked for. Some day. Ground clutter is modeled for the automated PD radars of FC2 as a reduction in detection range. False contacts would be negligible, unless you went into a very low notch setting - and of course depending upon your radar processor. Ie, somewhat complex stuff.

We can wish for ground clutter and false returns on radar. Maybe Ed can add chaff to the radar? Would be another major leap in combat sims.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That explains this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=70139&d=1346525186

No that does not explain that. Missile burnt gases moving horizontally, but missile is likely have a 30-45 degrees deviation from horizon. It can be explained by either missile has thrust vectoring or a very ugly graphical glitch. Missile guidence delay won't effect flight characteristics dramatically but at those altitudes if missile wants(considering it is a R-27 we should also take account that it might want to go forward forever because of piece of crap radar of Su-27) to go forward, it has to raise its nose with high AoA but flames should allinged with the axis of missile at that position, of course a little bit to horizontally back but not all as the picture shows.

Like this cruise missile launch, not same example but relatively slow speed of missile(experiencing high AoA) just after launch, and it tries to change its direction quickly. Try to look tilted 90 degrees to left

cruise-missile-launch.png

Edited by =TuAF=Scythe

Here's a rough sketch from the missiles (radar) point of view. With and without chaff.

Chaff is designed to reflect as much radar energy as possible. It can be compared to release smoke in order to blind the enemy so you can escape.

chaff.thumb.png.332d600139dfdc2adc907150c40bac55.png

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

That explains this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=70139&d=1346525186

My guess as to what's going on here. Missile AoA is simulated. Missile exhaust is scripted to point opposite of missile velocity vector.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Can i ask here about damage model and missiles destructive power in FC3?

Small reminder here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57498&highlight=f15+tank

How much do we need missiles in FC3 to make sure that the target is destroyed after hit or unable to fight?

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Will we see a night and day difference between single player missile performance vs multi player when latency is taken into account - or was there any latency based compensation implemented within multi player code?

As it is, fuzes working in FC2 MP is a "questionable" statement...

Can i ask here about damage model and missiles destructive power in FC3?

Small reminder here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57498&highlight=f15+tank

How much do we need missiles in FC3 to make sure that the target is destroyed after hit or unable to fight?

As many as you need. Even in RL training a single hit is not always considered a kill.

Ok GGTharos i assume that quote from you was in response to the quote i placed above it.

Now i know your right and that a hit does not always equals a kill.

What is very annoying though is that in multiplayer you often get kill/dead messages, even if the target is not killed/dead at all.

Can these messages not be converted to say the target has been hit?

Will safe a lot of confusion and false bug reports i think.

(this applies to all planes btw, not just the F15)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I can't really answer that question for you, it's something for the devs. TBH, I think it would be best to turn kill messages off - whenever that becomes possible.

Relying on kill messages is bad tactics, at least in this environment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.. I think it would be best to turn kill messages off - whenever that becomes possible.

Possible already when manipulating the .lua files a bit. There should be a download for that somwhere around on this forum, can't remember the thread ;)

(HJ)

... TBH, I think it would be best to turn kill messages off - whenever that becomes possible.

Can that be an option in the options menu???

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I can't really answer that question for you, it's something for the devs. TBH, I think it would be best to turn kill messages off - whenever that becomes possible.

Relying on kill messages is bad tactics, at least in this environment.

That's one aspect I like in the 51st server, the lack of kill messages. Having a kill message warning will refrain the contenders to confirm the kill with another missile or, in case of the perception of being over-matched, to go defensive, disengage and extend. Having a kill message is almost analogous to have a god-eyes radar.

• Like 1

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's one aspect I like in the 51st server, the lack of kill messages. Having a kill message warning will refrain the contenders to confirm the kill with another missile or, in case of the perception of being over-matched, to go defensive, disengage and extend. Having a kill message is almost analogous to have a god-eyes radar.

Yes, the 51st have made a good server there. Been stable and online for years! I hope they all move to FC3 now ;)

We certainly will if FC3 is capable of hosting 30+ player multiplayer sessions.

I dread to think about adapting my stats software (again!)

• Like 1

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Dont worry HiJack he is in the right hands for all the help he needs. Im his psychologist, Soviet his Doctor, Breakshot his surgeon, Frostie as anesthetic doctor, Shaman as spirituell help and X-man as chief-nurse whit all the cadets running around her asking what Case need :)

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube