DCS key activation new hardware

delevero

Hello

Question.

My 2080rtx stopped working af few days ago since the memory had become damaged due to heat and poor cooling.. Well i made an RMA and i expect to get a new card in 3-4-5 weeks as replacement.

BUT

Today i bought a 1060gtx as reserve so i at least can use my computer and play some games on low graphic settings the next weeks.

My question..:

All of my planes/maps ect. are the stand alone dcs world beta and locked to my account and the keys are still activated but "locked" to my 2080rtx card and hardware profile.

Will it be wise of me to load dcs and play with my 1060gtx card and will i get hardware/key problems ??

Should i manual navigate to all planes/heli/maps and unbind the keys and register the keys again ?

And

IN 3-4-5 weeks from now i get a new 2080rtx and then again the hardware id of my computer will change.... will i have problems again with keys ?

Should i avoid playing dcs and wait for my new hardware to arrive?

Thank you for the answer in advance.

DCS key activation new hardware

Hello

Question.

My 2080rtx stopped working af few days ago since the memory had become damaged due to heat and poor cooling.. Well i made an RMA and i expect to get a new card in 3-4-5 weeks as replacement.

BUT

Today i bought a 1060gtx as reserve so i at least can use my computer and play some games on low graphic settings the next weeks.

My question..:

All of my planes/maps ect. are the stand alone dcs world beta and locked to my account and the keys are still activated but "locked" to my 2080rtx card and hardware profile.

Will it be wise of me to load dcs and play with my 1060gtx card and will i get hardware/key problems ??

Should i manual navigate to all planes/heli/maps and unbind the keys and register the keys again ?

And

IN 3-4-5 weeks from now i get a new 2080rtx and then again the hardware id of my computer will change.... will i have problems again with keys ?

Should i avoid playing dcs and wait for my new hardware to arrive?

Thank you for the answer in advance.

Not playing DCS is out of the question. Me, I'd slap that 1060 in there and see what happens, I suspect you won't have any problems -- it's on a point system, I had to swap mobo, CPU, RAm and SSD all at the same time to trip the copy protection -- but if it does put you over the edge, I'd deregister first before I re-install the 2080, and then re-register once it's in. You get 9 or 10 shots at it and even then they give you more if you wait a while, I really think you're gonna be OK

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Not playing DCS is out of the question. Me, I'd slap that 1060 in there and see what happens, I suspect you won't have any problems -- it's on a point system, I had to swap mobo, CPU, RAm and SSD all at the same time to trip the copy protection -- but if it does put you over the edge, I'd deregister first before I re-install the 2080, and then re-register once it's in. You get 9 or 10 shots at it and even then they give you more if you wait a while, I really think you're gonna be OK

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Hello,

Fortunately, a change in graphics card does not require a reactivation of those modules that use Star Force Protection. The changes that you do on your PC are rated in points, as follows:

CPU replacement: 13

Windows reinstall : 3

Computer Name change: 3

Hard drive change (not sure if it's Windows' drive or DCS's drive) : 3

Motherboard change: 6

RAM amount change: 6

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points.

In short, you can replace the graphics card as many times as needed :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

Fortunately, a change in graphics card does not require a reactivation of those modules that use Star Force Protection. The changes that you do on your PC are rated in points, as follows:

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points.

In short, you can replace the graphics card as many times as needed :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Does this mean that if I'm replacing my CPU, motherboard and RAM, there's no point in deactivating my modules and then reactivating them in the new system? Presumably it does.

So the main reason to deactivate would be if you're reinstalling your operating system for some reason?

Does this mean that if I'm replacing my CPU, motherboard and RAM, there's no point in deactivating my modules and then reactivating them in the new system? Presumably it does.

So the main reason to deactivate would be if you're reinstalling your operating system for some reason?

There is an activation guide on the doc folder of dcs, where you can find more info.

You only have 10 activations for each module (campaigns used to have only 3, thanks god ther are all keyless now), so for me the main reason to deactivate before a major change in hardware, is to get back one of those activations.

You have 10 deactivations, so if you take care to always deactivate before needing an activation you would be able to reinstall the module 20 times ... tough most people never reach that number, as they forget to deactivate or have cathastrophic hardware failures that prevent from being able to deactivate.

Eduardo

It would be so nice if we didn't have to still be dealing with Starforce DRM. Although a lot of the old modules were converted a while ago, that process seems to have ground to a halt.

I still have 7 aircraft modules that use SF!!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I dunno man, I think it's a fair system. It's not like Wags is tooling around the Med on a super-yacht loaded up with hot Russian women drinking champagne and strawberries. We'd know -- there would be Youtube videos. "Today we are going to discuss the upcoming marine bidet module. I'll put this lady on pause so you can see some of the features...."

It would be so nice if we didn't have to still be dealing with Starforce DRM. Although a lot of the old modules were converted a while ago, that process seems to have ground to a halt.

I still have 7 aircraft modules that use SF!!

Updating a module to change its copy protection requires man-hours and so I can understand that it is a process that will take a while ... and it doesnt seem halted to me:

1) All the Maps are now keyless.

2) Ditto, for all the Campaigns

3) 10 of the aircrafts have changed to keyless

I would expect that as aircrafts are being updated, they will at that point change into keyless .. so probably the A-10C and KA-50 will change to keyless soon ... we will see.

Updating a module to change its copy protection requires man-hours and so I can understand that it is a process that will take a while ... and it doesnt seem halted to me:

1) All the Maps are now keyless.

2) Ditto, for all the Campaigns

3) 10 of the aircrafts have changed to keyless

I would expect that as aircrafts are being updated, they will at that point change into keyless .. so probably the A-10C and KA-50 will change to keyless soon ... we will see.

Hmm.. look at the list you produced in our other thread on this topic here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3717465&postcount=9 plus my additions later.

That was 3 or 4 months ago. I don't see anything has changed since then. That's why I felt the process has stopped.

This is no big deal, I'm just saying it would be nice to be rid of SF once and for all.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hmm.. look at the list you produced in our other thread on this topic here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3717465&postcount=9 plus my additions later.

That was 3 or 4 months ago. I don't see anything has changed since then.

To that list you may add the Yak-52, Mig-19 and the Christen Eagle 2 :)

... have patience, I'm pretty sure that as old modules are updated, so will their protection .. like happened with the Caucasus and all the campaigns of that map that had to be updated.

Sure, but they are all new. We are talking about lack of progress on the SF modules.

I'm not sure if my post above was clear enough, since no-one has answered it.

The Activation Guide says, "It's important to note that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software."

It then says if you exceed 12 points (e.g. by replacing the CPU), an activation will be required. Does that mean that you cannot avoid using up an activation if you do a major upgrade (in which case there's no point going to the trouble of deactivating)?

The guide says "Before conducting a PC upgrade/OS re-install, you can deactivate the product and when complete, reactivate without a loss of activations."

It seems a bit contradictory to me.

The Activation Guide says, "It's important to note that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software."

It then says if you exceed 12 points (e.g. by replacing the CPU), an activation will be required. Does that mean that you cannot avoid using up an activation if you do a major upgrade (in which case there's no point going to the trouble of deactivating)?

The guide says "Before conducting a PC upgrade/OS re-install, you can deactivate the product and when complete, reactivate without a loss of activations."

As said above by Rudel_chw, you just need to de-activate your products before any hardware/software updates, then no matter what you do, you won't lose any activations.

I tried to answer it, but english is my second language and probably didnt understood what was your real doubt, sorry :(