Activation after New PC

mia389

I just finished building a new pc. Before I shutdown my old pc, I deactivated all my modules. The first time I started DCS on my new pc, it asked me to activate all my modules. I have no keys for two of them. The black shark and Mi8. I could not find these in my order history for some reason. It is a pain to activate each module separately when you own almost all of them.

What is the purpose of deactivating the modules?

I copied my whole ED folder over on a separate HD. Is there a way to find the keys in ED directory somewhere?

... I have no keys for two of them. The black shark and Mi8. I could not find these in my order history for some reason.

You should be able to see all your keys here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/licenses/

What is the purpose of deactivating the modules?

For those modules that still use the Star Force keys, you get 10 activations, meaning that you can change your PC 10 times and still will be able to activate each.

You also have 10 deactivations, so that you can deactivate prior to changing the Pc and thus get back one activation. So, if you always deactivated before each pc change, you could then change 20 times your pc before running out of activations.

I copied my whole ED folder over on a separate HD. Is there a way to find the keys in ED directory somewhere?

No, the key isnt on your pc, but on ED servers, each time your pc changes, those servers update their records, pairing your keys with a hardware ID given to your machine.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the help! I found both keys under your licenses link. Weird that they were not in the orders section.

Perhaps you purchased those on Steam or at a 3rd party store ... I purchased my Hawk directly with VEAO, and the F-14 straight from Heatblur :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...
You should be able to see all your keys here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/licenses/

For those modules that still use the Star Force keys, you get 10 activations, meaning that you can change your PC 10 times and still will be able to activate each.

You also have 10 deactivations, so that you can deactivate prior to changing the Pc and thus get back one activation. So, if you always deactivated before each pc change, you could then change 20 times your pc before running out of activations.

No, the key isnt on your pc, but on ED servers, each time your pc changes, those servers update their records, pairing your keys with a hardware ID given to your machine.

Hi, my computer's hard drive died and I didn't deactivate my modules (about 8 of them) If i remember correctly this would be my second reactivation on some of them because if recall i had uninstalled DCS world years and years ago without deactivating the modules i had at the time.

Does this mean that i can still reactivate all my modules with my license keys or will i have any issues because i didn't get to deactivate my modules

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Does this mean that i can still reactivate all my modules with my license keys or will i have any issues because i didn't get to deactivate my modules

Hi,

You can activate each module 10 times, so you will not have a problem, tough a lot of people activate and then forget about it. You can check the activation history of each module you own on this link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/