HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Can't rely on through the lens shots such as this and the one earlier on Twitter. I'm already getting far clearer instrumentation resolution through the Rift.

So looking at those and drawing conclusions is pointless.

Agreed. It's incredibly hard to get through the lens shots right.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I was refreshing the website every 10 minutes, I had a alarm set every 10 mins to remind me while working all day online, and I didn't miss a single try. When the website went from "Notify me" to " Shop now", it was within about a 6 minute gap, that was the longest possible time I could have been absent from their website, and it was more than likely half that or less, and it was showing "out of stock". That and I never got an email from their "Notify me" signup, which I did with several different email addresses.

All the talk on Reddit is that the Reverb switched from "Notify Me/not available", to "Shop now/out of stock" pretty much instantly. I can't confirm that nobody got to order one from HP or Bestbuy, but I sure didn't miss the release by more than a few minutes, and it was sold out from both options, as well as Amazon...

LOL. Me too. Then I got distracted due to work and checked around 4PM Eastern. Oh well. Let's see if my Amazon order ships anytime soon.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Defenitly i get the hp reverb. Sebastian says incredible. So it's incredible. I know he is a critic. :D

But i can still not order...

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

It’s top-tier resolution-wise with reasonable pricing, so I’m definitely interested. I’m torn between this and the Acer OJO.

The Acer headset has the same res plus physical IPD adjustment, on the other hand it doesn’t look that great in white.

Maybe other WMR headset makers will also follow the suit with their own version as well. Imagine Samsung Odessey 2, etc.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Only question mark is over supply of this thing. I wonder how many people (like me) would probably prefer the Reverb but end up getting a Rift S because it's the only one available?

I think if it's a choice between an S now (or at least the 21st) and a Reverb at some unspecified point in the future, then for me impatience wins and I'm getting the S. I've had the CV1 for three years and I feel like I've been waiting long enough for a boost in clarity.

Things could still change though between now and the 21st, if the reviews are good and HP opens the shop doors, then I may well change my mind. Fun times ahead indeed.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

I think impatience may win the day for me as well, as well as the fact that the Rift S will play nicely with my 1080. My CV1 has 'just worked', and for other sims like X-Plane it seems the most optimised in performance terms. Things like ASW2.0 (though not implemented yet in any of the sims) show they are trying to maximise performance on given hardware that allows me to run things on higher settings.

175d231.jpg

Wish they had a CV1 in that comparison.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It’s top-tier resolution-wise with reasonable pricing, so I’m definitely interested. I’m torn between this and the Acer OJO.

The Acer headset has the same res plus physical IPD adjustment, on the other hand it doesn’t look that great in white.

Maybe other WMR headset makers will also follow the suit with their own version as well. Imagine Samsung Odessey 2, etc.

I have no doubt there will be an Oddesey2, but who knows when. I'm still waiting to hear how good the cosmos is gonna be. Presumably its a 2160 display too. I don't mind shelling out the cash for a headset, but I don't want to replace it 6 months later. So I'm still in wait mode for actual reviews of the HP in DCS as well as the VR update.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

it would be way worse thank the Vive pro.

Well I know that, it would just be nice for a side by side. Of those the HP looks the clearest/sharpest with minimal aliasing. Especially if you look at the "ear" of the monster or the teeth.

Well I looked at some comparison shots between the Pimax and the Rift CV1. It's a bit subjective obviously, but the Reverb is looking VERY favourable based on the image above.

A small pie is soon eaten

Can we not have these stupid snake oil pictures. It demonstrates nothing but the quality or lack there of the camera. Your eyes will see something completely different.

Geez look at those pics no jaggies and so clear, then you put device on your head and its crawling with jaggies. I hope none of you base your purchase decisions on those pictures.....:helpsmilie:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

Other than sharpness (which could also be altered in post processing), I would take those comparison pics with a grain of salt unless they are taken under the same conditions with the exact same post processing method.

The image from the Vive Pro, for example has low contrast as well as saturation and black looks gray which isn’t true for OLED and from my own personal experiences, while the headsets with LCD screens show much higher contrast, vividness and true back? Yeah right.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Probably going to get a reverb at some point myself. Already having the basestations a big reason, but I also wouldn't want to be locked into or support Occulus. I sense a pimax would maybe be impressive at first but as the normal Vive struggles in DCS, I just can't imagine the performance is anything but awful, and really that's the main thing. I won't even get Reverb probably if the promised DCS performance improvements don't pan out, as after a few years performance for me, really does trump every other consideration. This is also because the game itself is better looking in VR than it used to be.

When one first starts with VR a bit of stutter/heavy reprojection is something easy to overlook but it's something that one begins to notice more over time, and I have a feeling that eventually Pimax users will be frustrated if not already. Its frustrating enough on a normal Vive sometimes, so I just don't see how it could possibly handle the kind of dogfights I am used to.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Wow there is a lot of difference between reverb and the others

my odyssey + on my face is clearer than the reverb in that picture. These pictures, lord i give up have fun.

Other than sharpness, I would take those comparison pics with a grain of salt unless they are taken under the same conditions with the exact same post processing method.

The image from the Vive Pro, for example has low contrast as well as saturation and black looks gray which isn’t true for OLED and from my own personal experiences, while the headsets with LCD screens show much higher contrast and true back?

Have to agree it looks a bit off. And people can have anything posted online by any unofficial source just to get peoples juices flowing with no accountability. Was it released officially or is this just something floating around? Still if it really is that good, me want very much!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

All these pictures are made under the same condition with the same camera so the difference is a representative realistic difference in display quality.

About colors, yes your observation could be true but focus only on clarity. Here Reverb is best without doubts.

Can we not have these stupid snake oil pictures. It demonstrates nothing but the quality or lack there of the camera. Your eyes will see something completely different.

Geez look at those pics no jaggies and so clear, then you put device on your head and its crawling with jaggies. I hope none of you base your purchase decisions on those pictures.....:helpsmilie:

My O+ looks better than what is pictured for the ODY+.... so you are right, it will likely look better when on your head.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

All these pictures are made under the same condition with the same camera so the difference is a representative realistic difference in display quality.

About colors, yes your observation could be true but focus only on clarity. Here Reverb is best without doubts.

Clarity on those pictures is not even close to being accurate. These pictures could constitute false advertising. The clarity when its on your face is much different then what is potrayed in the pictures. These idiot youtubers need to stop spreading BS with these pictures.

Then everybody's eyes are different and ipd, will make the picture clarity and more variable in both directions

peocqzit77x21.png

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

I see tons of jaggies in some of the images, and not others. But I agree, through the lens shots are hard to get right/repeatable.

Oh I have no doubt the Reverb has the best clarity. It’s like comparing 4K vs 2K screens, there is no way 2K is going to beat 4K.

peocqzit77x21.png

Thats very nice. Xplane?