2.5 The Big Download Question

I can feel it in my bones, and am preparing for the big download to update to 2.5.

As this will be a big download for me including the Nevada map and all my modules to move over, is there going to be a way to stagger the download as I am on standard broadband? Or, will it have to be on all day and night? Just a little worried when returning to pc and find that the download stopped for some reason.

• ED Team

Hi tmansteve

you can stop the download at anytime, the next time you start it will check to see what you have already and start again

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You're a brave man committing to updating to 2.5 right now, the latest update trashed all the buildings in Nevada, and there's issues activating products due to the new security settings.

It's maybe worth hanging off till they fix the Nevada map, unless you're too eager to cross over, ED are on the case like a tramp on chips, but could be several more days before Nevada is fixed up.

as BIGNEWY said, doesn't matter how many times you stop and start, it simply picks up from where it left off, such is the beauty of torrents :D

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Ok guys, might wait until they have fix those issuew before going ahead. I have never used torrents before, just direct downloads. That seems a better way.

Many thanks for the info. This is why I enjoy this forum, always someone with the answer.

Cheers

• ED Team

Don't worry about torrents, it is seamless and the DCS GUI handles everything

there is also an option to cancel and use html

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2