"we believe we have largely addressed these issues." MISSION ACCMPLISHED????

Ziptie

You know, I will say thank you for trying - but so far it seems to pretty much be classified as a disaster. Granted, the single player side has gotten several fixes (which is ok I guess, but single player is so boring compared to multiplayer - at least there is one server that is fun for multiplayer. All the others are too similar and don’t hold true “evolving/adjusting/dynamic” aspects of progression).

While the thank you is certainly meant to be authentic, it becomes increasingly more difficult to believe. I get there are many aspects when modifying code, in any capacity. That being said - why is it so difficult to get true cooperation from your community? Are we dealing with a small group of staff? Can we put out an ad for help, even simply volunteer level? Just in the server that I flew in primarily, not an endorsement but it’s the only one of its kind, there are numerous members who are capable of providing an immense level of assistance/support.

Thank you for listening, and hopefully not deleting a post that contains constructive criticism/observations, from another paying customer who wants to see your product succeed and one who wants to be able to enjoy that product too.

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I think that DCS is technologically so advanced that the issues can be only dealt by professionals. I remember during Black Shark 1 days that community involvement resulted in a relationship disaster. However, maximum cooperation effectiveness can be found by providing original data for simulation improvements. Some ED staff said that talented people, enough for DCS requirements, are hard to find.

I don't think that the 2.5 version is a disaster yet, because it's a beta. Many people begged for its release, assuming the consequences I guess, but nothing oblige the other people to install it. Unfortunately too many of them take it too seriously.

However I'm amused that this topic isn't successful. The usual congratulation torrent is broken. Perhaps the lack of rep point system ? :lol:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I think that DCS is technologically so advanced that the issues can be only dealt by professionals. I remember during Black Shark 1 days that community involvement resulted in a relationship disaster. However, maximum cooperation effectiveness can be found by providing original data for simulation improvements. Some ED staff said that talented people, enough for DCS requirements, are hard to find.

I don't think that the 2.5 version is a disaster yet, because it's a beta. Many people begged for its release, assuming the consequences I guess, but nothing oblige the other people to install it. Unfortunately too many of them take it too seriously.

However I'm amused that this topic isn't successful. The usual congratulation torrent is broken. Perhaps the lack of rep point system ? :lol:

I’d like to believe those two statements that you made, which I highlited above for ease of reference.

It might be technologically advanced, yet they are having the community discovering them (and many times it seems, the community are the ones that discover those problems and/or solutions). Then ED implements the fix (patch/hotfix).

And you are definitely correct......... It would indeed, seem that it is hard to find talented people to implement their ideas... sadly.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

"we believe we have largely addressed these issues." MISSION ACCMPLISHED????

From the weekend update regarding Wednesday patch.

"the team has focused their efforts on loading time, memory leaks, and performance issues in the Open Beta. "In this 4th update, we believe we have largely addressed these issues."

WHAT???

There is nothing in the changelog regarding this, and in fact for many this patch was worse (yes i did delete metafolders etc etc, and every other suggestion including uninstalling/re-installing) and MP now is non existent for me as I cannot even join an empty server, whereas since 2.5 beta only populated servers weren't joinable.

This is really left a bad taste because now it seems DCS is claiming issue resolved nothing to see here.

There are several points that are telling me this battle might be over. MP might now be over for many of us, which could be from several months to several years.

-2.5 is actually a release version, NOT beta, as there is no other version currently supported for this game. 2.5 as we have it is release version

-DCS lack of MP interest in the past makes me wonder if there really is any work being done on MP issues, or are they all put on back burner so they can release more modules campaigns and maps

-DCS F/A18C. nothing else matters for most customers or DCS so everything else is secondary. I would pre-order the Hornet IF there was a playable MP in DCS. But there is not so I won't be ordering any new modules campaigns or maps.

-DCS F14 as the Hornet comes live with all its bugs, we will be asked to be patient and wait it out. and then we will see more updates for Persian Gulf theater and F14 module ... MP will more then likely be on the backburner for even more time

-2.0 Open Alpha!!! This is a big one because it is patient zero for the issues that goes back SEVERAL months or even a year or more. When 2.0 first came out, with Nevada, there was a little stuttering, but otherwise beautiful experience...fast forward to Normandy time period, which is where some of the major lag issues first appeared. As time went on even a 5 player mp map was unplayable. Exact symptoms I am experiencing today, but not as severe as today

So after today's outrageous statement that the memory leak and performance issues are in fact resolved, I hold little hope this will be fixed before 2019.

You dont think they mean next wednesdays update. IIRC that will be the 4th patch

Anyway don't be so down on ED there is work constantly being done to optimise both general performance and MP issues

Also the official release candidate ATM is 1.5.8

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know, I will say thank you for trying - but so far it seems to pretty much be classified as a disaster. Granted, the single player side has gotten several fixes (which is ok I guess, but single player is so boring compared to multiplayer - at least there is one server that is fun for multiplayer. All the others are too similar and don’t hold true “evolving/adjusting/dynamic” aspects of progression).

While the thank you is certainly meant to be authentic, it becomes increasingly more difficult to believe. I get there are many aspects when modifying code, in any capacity. That being said - why is it so difficult to get true cooperation from your community? Are we dealing with a small group of staff? Can we put out an ad for help, even simply volunteer level? Just in the server that I flew in primarily, not an endorsement but it’s the only one of its kind, there are numerous members who are capable of providing an immense level of assistance/support.

Thank you for listening, and hopefully not deleting a post that contains constructive criticism/observations, from another paying customer who wants to see your product succeed and one who wants to be able to enjoy that product too.

I honestly don't get it. It's *GREAT* if the beta is a disaster. That's the whole point of a beta. Yes, ideally, you want it to be as bug free as possible. Typically, beta level has to be good enough to function for day to day use. Alpha is where it can be unstable as hell. And I believe 2.5 beta meets that expectation. But ED doesn't have thousands of PC configurations to test every aspect of every joystick/monitor/CPU/GPU etc. So they use the beta process to find and squash as bugs as possible.

I don't get that people download early access/beta hell even alpha and then complain about the quality of the code. And we've had four updates in about a month (little more?) so it's not as if ED is sitting there waiting to to announce GA version w/o patching things. The patches are coming out, no?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• ED Team
From the weekend update regarding Wednesday patch.

"the team has focused their efforts on loading time, memory leaks, and performance issues in the Open Beta. "In this 4th update, we believe we have largely addressed these issues."

WHAT???

There is nothing in the changelog regarding this, and in fact for many this patch was worse (yes i did delete metafolders etc etc, and every other suggestion including uninstalling/re-installing) and MP now is non existent for me as I cannot even join an empty server, whereas since 2.5 beta only populated servers weren't joinable.

This is really left a bad taste because now it seems DCS is claiming issue resolved nothing to see here.

There are several points that are telling me this battle might be over. MP might now be over for many of us, which could be from several months to several years.

-2.5 is actually a release version, NOT beta, as there is no other version currently supported for this game. 2.5 as we have it is release version

-DCS lack of MP interest in the past makes me wonder if there really is any work being done on MP issues, or are they all put on back burner so they can release more modules campaigns and maps

-DCS F/A18C. nothing else matters for most customers or DCS so everything else is secondary. I would pre-order the Hornet IF there was a playable MP in DCS. But there is not so I won't be ordering any new modules campaigns or maps.

-DCS F14 as the Hornet comes live with all its bugs, we will be asked to be patient and wait it out. and then we will see more updates for Persian Gulf theater and F14 module ... MP will more then likely be on the backburner for even more time

-2.0 Open Alpha!!! This is a big one because it is patient zero for the issues that goes back SEVERAL months or even a year or more. When 2.0 first came out, with Nevada, there was a little stuttering, but otherwise beautiful experience...fast forward to Normandy time period, which is where some of the major lag issues first appeared. As time went on even a 5 player mp map was unplayable. Exact symptoms I am experiencing today, but not as severe as today

So after today's outrageous statement that the memory leak and performance issues are in fact resolved, I hold little hope this will be fixed before 2019.

Work on memory issues is still ongoing, we are currently testing more tweaks internally.

2.5 is a beta and public test build.

Multiplayer work is being done, ED are working on loading times currently.

Some users see stutter and ED are aware and always looking for optimisations, I don't see stutter myself on any of my builds, it seems to be hardware and setup specific which makes it difficult to diagnose.

I cant help you with your assumptions about unreleased modules, you have your opinions.

In short work is continuing so don't lose hope, but if beta's bother you maybe take a break or use the release version for now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You dont think they mean next wednesdays update. IIRC that will be the 4th patch

Anyway don't be so down on ED there is work constantly being done to optimise both general performance and MP issues

The 4th patch was this past Wednesday according to

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3423375&postcount=5

And yes this has made my client next to unplayable in multiplayer, our dedicated server crashes every time more than 4 people join. Its crazy...

But as stated above it's a beta so I'm content to wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

nope

- the 4th patch is from Wednesday March 14th.

-These issues have been around since 2.0 open Alpha and only got worse.

-1.5.8 is no longer being worked on. its an old build that will no longer be supported. EDS is only working on 2.5.

Work on memory issues is still ongoing, we are currently testing more tweaks internally.

2.5 is a beta and public test build.

Some users see stutter and ED are aware and always looking for optimisations, I don't see stutter myself on any of my builds, it seems to be hardware and setup specific which makes it difficult to diagnose.

I cant help you with your assumptions about unreleased modules, you have your opinions.

In short work is continuing so don't lose hope, but if beta's bother you maybe take a break or use the release version for now.

2.5 is the only build which EDS is working on right? 1.58 is no longer being internally supported right?

why was there a statement claiming memory and performance issues resolved?

The reason I am loosing hope is that when these issues came up in OA 2.0, nothing was done to correct it, in fact it got worse and then went to Beta release! There was a time, I believe over a year ago the 2.0 Nevada ran smooth. whatever changed from that point is the culprit. it started near release of Nevada, gradually went away for a short time then came back with a vengeance and made MP in 2.0 unplayable which followed through in 2.5

Edited by Dagger71

• ED Team
2.5 is the only build which EDS is working on right? 1.58 is no longer being internally supported right?

why was there a statement claiming memory and performance issues resolved?

We may see another patch for 1.5.8 so do not assume it isn't being worked on.

ED always leave one version of the oldest build when we progress to new release builds.

the statement asked for feedback, because tweaks have been made and added to the beta build. More tweaks are being tested by us tester at the moment.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

this might be a stupid question, but have you been playing with the released version on serveral end-user run servers to test this?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• ED Team
this might be a stupid question, but have you been playing with the released version on serveral end-user run servers to test this?

I jump in and out of many public servers during testing, as well as ED test servers. Also many of the server admin's contact me to discuss issues.

• ED Team
I disagree as many people even with high end hardware still cannot access MP.

General advice here

Remove unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair.

Rename your dcs.openbeta folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup you can move your input folder to the new one afterwards )

restart DCS redo desired settings

load a single player mission and then try a multiplayer mission

first load will always be longer as it is generating the shaders.

Keep an eye on the fps counter while in the lobby, first load can take 4 - 5 minutes and you will notice the fps rise and be steadily. Once it has settled join a slot and allow the cockpit to load.

after this subsequent loads should be better.

Like I have said more work is being done on the memory and shader loading so expect to see changes in future patches.

• ED Team
I hope my post wasn't too passive-aggressive, but reading the notes today kind of aggravated me to the point I had to speak out.

I do hold hope it will be fixed, but the timeline might be too far off.

I understand the frustration.

I cant always tell you guys what is going on so I have to pick what I say carefully, but the team are working very hard to get 2.5 where it needs to be, that is why it has not been pushed to release yet, they understand it needs more work.

Keep feeding back, sharing logs and crash info, it all helps.

thanks

I think the point is more why ED was writing that they adressed these issues in the last patch but the changelog hasnt got a fix of those "adressed" issues inside. For me its kind of confusing if i missed something inside the changelog or are they still fixing the issues.

Because if they would have fixed those with the last patch then they would normally write inside the changelog : Fixed memory leak or Fixed performance issues.

Im not complaining about the BETA program itself. I know what a beta is and that u need our help to find and fix the problems because a small team cant find every issues. I appreciate your efford and i know that without our help u wouldnt get better results. And the 2.5 BETA is a free gift for us from u.

Its only kind of confusing that they wrote they fixed it but there arent any notices about those fixes inside the changelog.

Well it is a beta, and nobody is making you play it. Go back to 1.5.8, if you are having such issues.

Instead of raging, help fixing DCS, by reporting issues and giving logs.

Do you really believe, that ED will leave stuff as it is ?

And do you have any idea how hard it is to create all this (DCS).

Did you download the hotfix to the hotfix ? I had no issues joining the 104th server with 34 and later going to above 40 players. My PC is not even supported by the minimum requirements, thanks to my GPU (I feel like I am playing 1.2 back on my old setup lol)

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

After the Beta Update 4 (2018-03-14) I connected to server (Blue Flag) without problems for the first time (I only had one chance to play this version, though). Then after the Hotfix (2018-03-15), DCS is back to crashing or being sent to the start screen when attempting multiplayer (same server), requiring several tries to connect, when it conects at all. But the changelog says the Hotfix is only about "SF copy-protection issue", so I'm not sure about what happened.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Do you really believe, that ED will leave stuff as it is

Unfortunately, yes...

And do you have any idea how hard it is to create all this (DCS).

Yes. AND it's not more complex then the other 3D engines.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

More people opening their virtual mouths and letting the garbage out....

IT

IS

A

BETA

You signed up for this when you hit that download button and installed. You had a choice bucko - no one made you.

Were we all hoping for a bug free 2.5 and swift to release? Sure.

Is it frustrating to see some things get fixed and find others broken? Definitely.

Do you honestly think someone's out to do this just to make you upset?

That Ed somehow have some personal vendetta against you?

Do you not think that this must be just as frustrating for the devs? Would you want to a product your name is on, that you have invested so much time and effort in to be unfinished/buggy/causing unhappiness?

You have a choice, it's a nice easy binary one. You can

a) continue with 2.5 OB, submitting bug reports and actually assisting devs in making the game better

or

b) go back to 1.5.8, wait for the release version of 2.5 and seethe about how evil and nasty ED are.