Default planes uninstall?

msalama

Hiya guys -

Any idea whether the default planes (TF-51, Su-25) can be uninstalled? I never fly them, so they're just taking up disk space. Thanks!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

They are part of the game so uninstalling them will break dcs

and on top, it's likely that every update and or DSC clean / repair will install them again...

so uninstalling them sounds useless

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

DCS World/Mods/Aircraft.

All the aircraft have their own folders. Probably not worth the effort though, the TF-51 for example is only about 253 MB.

Probably worth the effort in some cases - such as the Mig-21 being 2.1Gb!

One skin alone is a whopping 410mb, and it's not even painted..Bare Metal skin - is that really necessary?

In any case, +1 for the idea of not being forced to store 5GB+ of unnecessary skins for aircraft you never fly.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Just be aware the last time users tried to remove them it created problems for the users

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Probably worth the effort in some cases - such as the Mig-21 being 2.1Gb!

One skin alone is a whopping 410mb, and it's not even painted..Bare Metal skin - is that really necessary?

In any case, +1 for the idea of not being forced to store 5GB+ of unnecessary skins for aircraft you never fly.

But you can uninstall the Mig-21. The question was on the free built-in aircraft

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

But you can uninstall the Mig-21. The question was on the free built-in aircraft

As stated above it will just be replaced again at next update/repair. I don't own the Mig-21 module, so the question is why is a purely AI flown aircraft 2.1GB? I have tried deleting it before but that obviously stops you selecting it as an AI opponent aircraft.

But yes apologies, not the original question - but related none the less.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go in the module manager and un check them.

You can uncheck them alright. But there's no option for a full uninstall, so I think it's better to just leave the default planes alone. Meaning I'll need an extra SSD for DCS pretty soonish...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The aircraft skins use up more space than most other aspects of a given module.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I had an idea to clean up and improve the folder structure and make a component manager where you could adjust amount of modules, components and packages

Modules could be split to components, AI, Player, Liveries, ..etc

Stuff like liveries should be split into packages, each livery it's own package, but nothing complicated, just a package ID, parent, version, a bit of misc things that pertains to data integrity and that's it.

Some aircraft modules have a ton of liveries, that could be optimized by ED picking the top few to be installed by default, leaving the rest for optional install.

Secondly, only on a GUI level, packages could be grouped, so you could select them all by selecting the group, this would be useful if 3rd parties make a few liveries and add it to a module that DCS made, and more than one 3rd party could make liveries for one ED module.

The default install liveries could also be skipped or removed afterward, with exception of the module's core livery, the unit's primary default one.

"packagetype=core" - installed part of module, cannot be officially removed

"packagetype=definstall" - install unless user decides to skip

"packagetype=optional" - user installs later using component manager

When going to a MP match, the player which doesn't have the livery that the opposing or ally players are using will be warned if he want's to download the package for that livery, otherwise the default livery would be used (or user choosen from the currently installed ones)

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

yes ; it should BE an option request on installation.

I play VR ; and if the Wirbirds cockpits rock

I am sur ... I will NEVER fly on the SU-25; due the poor quality of its cockpit ! ! !

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar