1.5 and 2 Install

tmansteve

Hi All

Can someone tell me if I can have my 1.5.7 install and also a Ver 2 install (in seperate folders)?

I would like to test the new version to see how my rig handles it.

Also, can I have my purchased modules in Ver 2 alongside ver 1.5? Or is that asking a lot?

Cheers

same here, Im currently downloading DCS 2.1 and install NTTR to see how my rig handles it... ( as Im writing these lines , the update torrent is running , 2hours to go .. modules are currently gettin' imported )

I have both 1.5 and 2.1 installed in separate main Folders..

my question is .. how can I simply take over my control Settings from 1.5 into 2.1 ?

in the DCS 2.1 Q&A thread I read the following:

"Will I need to remap my controls?

Depending on the changes to the specific module, you may find doing a clean set up of your controls better"

What does that mean ? Can I simply override the now installed 2.1 DCS vanilla "Keyboard.lua's" etc.. with my "1.5.7 custom control Keyboard.luas" ?

Or how to do this the best way ?

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Go to C:\Users\(your name)\Saved Games\DCS\Config\ and copy the whole Input subfolder to the corresponding DCS Open alpha folder, which will be created in the Saved Games once you run 2.1 for the first time. That's the fastest way to do it (and you can copy this Input folder in both directions in the future)

You obviously remap things when there are control differences between the same planes in different game versions (hence the quoted note in the Q&A), but I think there aren't any at the moment.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Go to C:\Users\(your name)\Saved Games\DCS\Config\ and copy the whole Input subfolder to the corresponding DCS Open alpha folder, which will be created in the Saved Games once you run 2.1 for the first time. That's the fastest way to do it (and you can copy this Input folder in both directions in the future)

You remap things only when there are control differences between the same planes in different game versions, but I think there aren't any at the moment.

brilliant , many thanks :-)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hi All

Can someone tell me if I can have my 1.5.7 install and also a Ver 2 install (in separate folders)?

As mentioned, the answer is YES.

The fact is, these are completely separate programs and therefore each create their own specific folder (within a Parent DCS folder).

You don't have to do anything but keep hitting OK for each of these two versions to install correctly and independently.

However, you can if you wish, install each version on different drives or wherever you want but I personally prefer to allow programs to install to their default locations.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...