**Heatblur Development Update - Q1 2017**

Cobra847

I have a question on this, since it's been a highly interesting topic to more than just Viggen fans.

By introducing this to your module, it begs the question, and I'm infering, this will this be only accessible to Viggen module owners.

Since core engine Farps are an ED DCSW entity and have certain restrictions that players often lament, it appears that, rather than wait for ED to do something to make them dynamic, you need to do it yourself. And by that design, it must sit inside your module and code.

From there, there is a question about how non Viggen owners would see these objects in multiplayer, since they are part of a module.

Or are they?

Like weapons that are shared to the core game, will this be something you are developing to be added to the core engine and as a by-product, available to all?

The design of this is beyond my understanding, although I've tinkered with FARP lua and am familiar with the ME limitaitons. But to me, I would assume that to bypass DCSW's current limits, you need to retain your code client side and not neccessarily share the workings with people like Helicopter pilots for example. And thus the question is, how will this technology present itself to non Viggen owners in the core multiplayer game?

T
oday we’re very proud to announce the upcoming road base system coming to the Viggen!

The Viggen is an aircraft that operated within a very unique doctrine, and we wanted to create an exciting way for you to experience this in our Viggen.

The road base system will allow you to place a group of units in the mission editor that will serve as your re-arm and refuel crew.

Landing your Viggen and taxiing close to these units will allow you to refuel and re-arm your aircraft.

Beyond this, once you have rearmed and refueled your units’ aircraft, you can order the ground crew to a preset backup landing point.

The units will pack up and drive to the set landing point and await your arrival from your second strike run.

Thus, you can keep your road base landing options open and dynamic, and keep the enemy on it’s toes. This feature is still WiP; and we’re working on the GUI that will allow you to pick and select weaponry and ground crew waypoints.

This feature will be featured in our upcoming campaigns for the Viggen.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nice update. The future is bright. Can't wait for the Tomcat. The hype is real :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Captain Dalan....given your F-14A interests I think you would enjoy the Viggen and there is even a sale this week. :D

Yeah, i know i mentioned in a previous thread that i had no interest in the Viggen as a plane but i consider its cockpit a work of art........aaaand, i just couldn't resist that offer! Bought it last night! :pilotfly::thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Great stuff cobra :)

I've got a couple of questions regarding the fabled 'Jester' AI. First off how's it all coming along? I notice you've been quite hush hush about it but with the F-14 coming this year (hopefully!) I would guess lots of people are wondering whats the state of it.

For multiplayer how will the AI work with the hop in- hop out nature of MP multicrew? For example how will it work with a RIO jumps in mid flight (or fight!), and likewise how will the AI deal with taking over from a human RIO that leaves mid flight?

Keep up the good work, really looking forward to this module! Easily my most anticipated module of all the aircraft confirmed in development! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The third project could of course be terrain... ;-)

I was thinking the same and hope so! I would really love a theater for the Viggen.

Yeah, i know i mentioned in a previous thread that i had no interest in the Viggen as a plane but i consider its cockpit a work of art........aaaand, i just couldn't resist that offer! Bought it last night! :pilotfly::thumbup:

Awesome! Welcome to the club. :D

I love this module, just wish I had more time to learn the complicated avionics (been pretty busy for a bit...). I recently have been pretty enamored with the Beachhead interdiction instant action and slowly working through the training missions (and flying at Mach 1.2+ on the deck next to Lake Mead!:pilotfly:).

Also, for the additional stick and rudder challenge/fun, turn off SPAK - brings out a lot more dutch roll and the need to coordinate with rudder (which is a lot of what SPAK is adding, plus some other inputs). It's another thing that is a bit Tomcat-like, along with the engine behavior.

Have fun Captain!

-Nick

Awesome! Welcome to the club. :D

I love this module, just wish I had more time to learn the complicated avionics (been pretty busy for a bit...). I recently have been pretty enamored with the Beachhead interdiction instant action and slowly working through the training missions (and flying at Mach 1.2+ on the deck next to Lake Mead!:pilotfly:).

Also, for the additional stick and rudder challenge/fun, turn off SPAK - brings out a lot more dutch roll and the need to coordinate with rudder (which is a lot of what SPAK is adding, plus some other inputs). It's another thing that is a bit Tomcat-like, along with the engine behavior.

Have fun Captain!

-Nick

Roger that :thumbup: It's good good to be here!

It was already late and i only got a couple of free flights, i'm yet to even start with the training missions (i seldom fly as well, at most once a week these days).

Looking forward getting to know her better though :joystick:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Is there any intention to add a pilot model in the cockpits of the F14 eventually? By this I mean seeing the pilot in the F1 cockpit view.

Would also love to know if there are plans to add deck crew with the carrier. I wouldn't expect this upon release but is it something planned further down the line?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Does this mean the might 21 is finished? Or is it still beta?

Mig-21 is developed by a different 3rd party, Magnitude 3, not HeatBlur, after the recent split of Leatherneck.

Beta or not, nothing is realy finished in DCS, everything is under development, including the DCS itself. :D

Mig-21 is developed by a different 3rd party, Magnitude 3, not HeatBlur, after the recent split of Leatherneck.

Beta or not, nothing is realy finished in DCS, everything is under development, including the DCS itself. :D

yeah so true :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

"The Viggen is an aircraft that operated within a very unique doctrine, and we wanted to create an exciting way for you to experience this in our Viggen".

Not very unique at all, most of the RAF's tactical aircraft, Harrier and Jaguar were rough strip capable. Most of the Russian Air Force tactical aircraft are also the same. Add in the A10's as well and picture gets the bigger.

"The Viggen is an aircraft that operated within a very unique doctrine, and we wanted to create an exciting way for you to experience this in our Viggen".

Not very unique at all, most of the RAF's tactical aircraft, Harrier and Jaguar were rough strip capable. Most of the Russian Air Force tactical aircraft are also the same. Add in the A10's as well and picture gets the bigger.

But none of these went so far with this doctrin. The entire swedish air force was dedicated to these kind of road operations which goes above anything that other countrys did in this regard.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

But none of these went so far with this doctrin. The entire swedish air force was dedicated to these kind of road operations which goes above anything that other countrys did in this regard.

+1 :thumbup:

It's not only about the airframe being able to land/start from roads. Apart of being able to road on roads there a lot of other aspects like easy maintenance in sparse conditions with minimum time for inspecting, refueling and rearming.

Here is a nice Gripen video which emphasizes the same concept:

Another thing is that the Vigen was designed to operate in highly pre-planned conditions: plan, get there undetected as long as possible, hit once and hard, run away as fast as can. Such approach was taken as the plane would have to undertake missions in environment where air superiority is not guaranteed.

It's totally opposite to A10 which was built to loiter for a long time over AO. If there would be no air superiority A10 would stay on the ground. As for landing on road sections, for instance F-16 could also do that. There are videos from NATO exercises showing F-16 landing on a highway in Germany (not a regular road though). This doesn’t mean however that the F-16 was designed to be operated in road conditions. Quite an opposite, F-16 is a disaster to operate from dirty and even normal airfields as it's low placed air intake works like a runway vacuum cleaner.

It's correct however to say that there are a lot of other planes that were rough strip capable, especially soviet/Russian ones. Just an example:

Edited by SkateZilla
Removed Image from Airliners.net w/ Copyright Removed

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

//Thread Cleaned,

//Moved Other Discussion to a Separate Thread.o

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Soo... Do you guys have any news as to what you are planning next? Or are we gonna get teased again... ;)

My favorite option would be the MiG-23 (A-A variant plez!). It would be a Russian swing wing so would fit together with the F-14... But ED has already not given RAZBAM the license to develop it soo... *puts tinfoil hat on* ... Could it already be in development by someone!?!? :D

On a bit less tinfoil'y note... The Su-15 would be awesome! And the MiG-25/31 would be a nice opponent for the F-14... Though they might be a little hard to get documentation on... :(

In the end I might have a slight bias for Russian cold war aircraft... But well, I come from a former Soviet republic so whatcha gonna do... ;)

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Does anyone know anything at all about the Su-15? It might be interesting if DCS gets a much better GCI system but I can't find any technical information AT ALL about any variant.

The ideal for me would be some form of MiG-29 but again... I don't think anyone (who is allowed to share) really knows enough to simulate one.

I would expect all future Soviet aircraft to be older than the MiG-21Bis we already have for those reasons. Sad as it is.