Fw190 D9 on Steam as Early Access?

Marrond

Sooo I'm one of those guys who decided to jump onto Steam with my DCS products (although I still don't know how to upgrade my BS1 with my BS2 upgrade pack so it works on Steam edition of DCS World - I have bought so far everything, except form Mi-8 - not my cup of tea, waiting for Mi-24) and I really REALLY want to get Fw190 D9 as soon as it appears 5th August... but the problem is since now I can't redeem my key at Steam account that just turns me down completely - and it hurts because I still want it badly. Is there possibility we will see Fw190 D9 as Early Access on Steam in August? Or can I make it to work together somehow?

Sorry if this was already asked but Search function didn't lead me anywhere.

Thank you in advance

Marrond

Regarding BS2 Upgrade. It does not, and likely will never, work with Steam.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Would be nice if we could get the option to receive a Steam key when purchasing on e-shop.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

Sooo I'm one of those guys who decided to jump onto Steam with my DCS products (although I still don't know how to upgrade my BS1 with my BS2 upgrade pack so it works on Steam edition of DCS World - I have bought so far everything, except form Mi-8 - not my cup of tea, waiting for Mi-24) and I really REALLY want to get Fw190 D9 as soon as it appears 5th August... but the problem is since now I can't redeem my key at Steam account that just turns me down completely - and it hurts because I still want it badly. Is there possibility we will see Fw190 D9 as Early Access on Steam in August? Or can I make it to work together somehow?

Sorry if this was already asked but Search function didn't lead me anywhere.

Thank you in advance

Marrond

I had DCS installed via steam, but last week i installed the standalone version, because soon the 3rd party content like MiG 21 and others will be out and it is not guaranteed they will all be available on steam....

If you have the stand alone version of DCS and you find a good deal on steam, you can allways do the purchase and insert the code in the stand alone version, as i did with A10C and Combined arms.

But now, buying from the E-Shop and inserting keys in steam version is not possible anymore....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Thanks everyone for answers. Oh well gotta uninstall Steam version and download Standalone. I can't miss that Fw190 D9, nor F86 Sabre. My body is ready!

I'm in the same boat. Although, I probably won't be going back to 256kbps downloads with ED's launcher.

If I REALLY need the module that badly, I could always just buy it from ED's e shop, download it through ED, then install it in my steam directory.. although, it would kind of defeat the point. It does work though. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

FYI, ED seem to have quietly done some work in the backend. I was dl'ing the Sabre at well over 1Mbps.

That is well worth taking note of. I exceeded 3Mbps.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

FYI, ED seem to have quietly done some work in the backend. I was dl'ing the Sabre at well over 1Mbps.

That is well worth taking note of. I exceeded 3Mbps.

Do you guys mean MBps? Because 1Mbps is 200KBps and 3Mbps is 600KBps download.

Do you guys mean MBps? Because 1Mbps is 200KBps and 3Mbps is 600KBps download.

1GB downloaded in about 10min.