DCS: World on Steam

Slazi

• ED Team

I should add I think selling on Steam is a great idea,

the point I was trying to make was, purchase it with steam, then install the ED version so you can ensure other modules and 3rd party products are compatible.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The important thing is for ED to continue to accept Steam licence keys in DCS World. That way people can continue to buy through Steam and migrate to DCS World when their interest is confirmed and they are ready to buy 3rd party modules.

Think of Steam is a vehicle ED can use to pimp DCSW modules to casual gamers. If you have DCSW installed then I can't see the attraction of migrating to Steam, and I like Steam.

Think of Steam is a vehicle ED can use to pimp DCSW modules to casual gamers. If you have DCSW installed then I can't see the attraction of migrating to Steam, and I like Steam.

I think it would be neat to be able to see when friends of mine are online and playing DCS: World. Personally it doesn't bother me that I can't migrate to Steam, but there's a lot of functionality that could make flying with friends easier.

• Like 1

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

I should add I think selling on Steam is a great idea,

the point I was trying to make was, purchase it with steam, then install the ED version so you can ensure other modules and 3rd party products are compatible.

We don't know about the plans for 3rd-Party-Modules.

Steam supports 3rd-Party addons and even tons of mods. Others can simply be installed manually in the correct folder. Let's not judge from less than 12 hours of DCS on Steam, what will happen in the next years to come.

Besides that, Steam is quite comfortable, as it offers a lobby/buddy-system, DCS still doesn't have and it give you a system to start and organize all games from a single client.

So it's not completely nonsense to try to install your games under Steam.

As posted above: Just another chance to make a choice.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• ED Team
I hope ED can work something out with Valve so that we can register our current keys with Steam

We are working with Steam on this and we may have a solution. However, I have no ETA when this will be ready. When I do have news on this front, it will be shared.

We are working with Steam on this and we may have a solution. However, I have no ETA when this will be ready. When I do have news on this front, it will be shared.

Great news!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

are any third party module like UH1 going to be on steam

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

This could be great news. I'm guessing it all comes down to how well steam is supported, and whether we can transfer our non-steam purchases across. This is a key thing for existing customers, but if enabled, then, I for one will be using steam thereafter, and, as mentioned elsewhere on here, people would see that I am playing it, I could update/install my mods from there, talk about it there, etc. and it's all free advertising for DCS. I don't know how much steam costs for the developer/publisher however, and obviously if this is prohibitive then... boo hiss to them, but hopefully it will be a means to reach out to a bigger audience, and as the only military vehicle simulator worth playing (IMHO) I think it should be available to every PC gamer in the world.

DCS world on steam an older version?

Hi,

I just downloaded DCS world on steam and thought I might as well go about getting black shark 2 and warthog installed and into it.

Warthog works fine (have it on steam too).

However when I came to add black shark .. I installed black shark 1 (on steam). Downloaded the upgrade version of 2 (which I have a key for) but when I try installing that I get this error:

UH3qClk.png

It seems that the version of DCS world on steam is not actually current?! Or that there's something else odd going on here. I've tried running the DCS_updater.exe in bin .. but that doesn't seem to do anything (load of errors) and I assume it doesn't auto update as steam is meant to be doing that.

So, what are my options here? (Guess I could find an older version of file).

Yeah right now there is a small version mismatch and Steam is on 1.2.5.15865 (1.2.5 patch 1).

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

That is great news. Can't wait play them on the steam.:thumbup:

I wouldnt mix Steam's Base install with Externally Purchased Modules right now, as steam controls the updates by what you have installed in your library.

So it may update DCSW, and completely ignore the modules you installed externally

The Steam version also does not have the module manager AFAIK.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I still dont get why anyone would want to install via steam ?

Sure purchase it on steam keep all your game records in one place, but then download and install DCSworld like everyone else, then you will not risk any future 3rd party modules not being compatible with steam.

That is how I see it, am I wrong ?

Because I'm in Steam daily and Steam has an easy to use in-game overlay where I can chat with my friend's list.

Because I'm in Steam daily and Steam has an easy to use in-game overlay where I can chat with my friend's list.

So Add the Game Manually to Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

You will Appear Online and Playing a Non Steam Game.

While I do buy games from steam, mainly for my brother, I buy a few for myself once in a blue moon,

However most of my Steam Games (about 90% of them) are actually Coupons/Free Games redeemed for buying GPU's or Participating in Beta Programs.

I think I bought DCS: A-10C and ArmA II from steam, everything else was just Download Codes.

On the Bright Side... At Least it's not Games For Windows... Roflmao.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We are working on improving the updater. I can promise stable (in the upper range) download speeds in the future.

But achieving Steam capacities is prohibitively expensive for us.

Exactly my point. Buy on Eagle Dynamic's website, and use it without Steam. Or, buy on ED's website and use Steam so we can get the faster download without putting a strain on ED's servers/bandwidth. Seems like the ideal solution to me. :)

ED, please make all existing module keys bought form ED's store work on Steam, so I can activate them on Steam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

ED, please make all existing module keys bought form ED's store work on Steam, so I can activate them on Steam.

That is not up to ED to decide. That is a limitation of Steam itself. Most games that you bought say through a store or origin for example cannot be activated on steam. Only certain products can be, such as valve products and a select few. You can however add them to your library of non steam games and launch from there.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Putting DCS WORLD on steam is a great decision hower doing so without having at least a couple of western fast movers is not so much. Simple reason is that teens around the word love Air Force jets and they will be bored whit currently available modules. I predict we won't see much of the new users only us trying something else... Other than Georgia map. But hey slowly but surely

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

DCS must be crazy letting steam have anything to do with their product. Having major problems With steam, no response for several weeks leaving my purchesed items locked away until they find it fortunate for them to allow me to Access my games again. would be great if steam was flawless but it`s never gonna be

[sIGPIC]www.vjokers.no[/sIGPIC]

That is not up to ED to decide. That is a limitation of Steam itself. Most games that you bought say through a store or origin for example cannot be activated on steam. Only certain products can be, such as valve products and a select few. You can however add them to your library of non steam games and launch from there.

I think it's up to ED. I can activate all my 3DMark keys on Steam even though I did not buy from them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans