Has memory leak really been fixed?

Drag80

Hi ...According to the latest posts in DCS weekend news, Major problems like memory leak have been addressed.

Quote "DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Update 4

Since the third update to the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta, the team has focused their efforts on loading time, memory leaks, and performance issues in the Open Beta. In this 4th update, we believe we have largely addressed these issues. For those taking part in the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta, we look forward to your feedback, and once we feel confident these issues have been resolved, we will move DCS World 2.5 out of Open Beta." unquote

However, I have tried to join multiplayer yesterday and the memory leak problem seems to have gotten even worst than before. Both VRAM and RAM are being over whelmed resulting in game crash.

knowing that ED was working on it, was a hope that sooner or later it will get fixed. But now after they have said that these bugs have been addressed, does that mean that it will remain like this ?

But now after they have said that these bugs have been addressed, does that mean that it will remain like this ?

No, it means they are looking at the issue. They have not released a fix for the memory leak yet.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Well, I haven't had any memory leaks lately, after the latest patches and hotfixes 2.5 xxxx, in spite of the disappearing objects in Nevada, and the freezing Mig-21.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

But why they write in the Newsletter they believe they have adressed it but the PachtLog doesnt have any Fix in it ?

I think the word "adressed" was choosen wrong. Maybe its more that they "discovered" the issues and now its up to build the right fix for the issue. And those progress can take time but therefore we have the BETA to "discover" the problems and then ED can create the Fix for the issue.

I think the newsletter wants to tell us that they are now be aware of the main issues and know were they coming from and are still up to bring us a solution.

But in my opinion the word "adressed" was choosen wrong and brought maybe some confusing to some mates here. The words: Found, Discover or located would fit much better to the state of progress.

Why does it have to be a binary issue?

Why does it have to be fixed or broken?

Can it not, as they indicate in the newsletter, be "largely", i.e, mostly, i.e. for the greater part, i.e. the majority of causes but perhaps not all?

Most of the rancour round here stems from people perceiving more from ED statements than the literal meaning would suggest...