SAR missions

Now that there is an excellent skin for the Mi-8 of a Canadian SAR in yellow - the question is - what can this be used for? I am thinking rescuing people off mountains, rocks sinking ships,etc.

Searching for downed airmen at sea, damaged yachts, etc. Anyone any ideas how the winch can be adapted to lift people? Also having a winch man to be winched down to collect injured people on a stretcher? Thoughts, anyone? ChrisJD

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Cibit Have downloaded all 3 - but I think that your right in thinking the last one may not work in 2.5 as it was written some 5 years ago. We'll see. Still nothing re winching a person or stretcher though.

PS i bet your a bit chilly up there - not bad here in East Anglia! ChrisJD

Mind you, the winch over the side door is modelled as an object, but it's strictly non-functional.

The sling is the only method of carrying external stuff implemented in DCS.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Cibit - rather you than me - I did my bit at RAF Marham in the winter!

Art-J - yes - you are quite right about the winch, that occurred to me after I posted my thread. However, there are many clever people who could add a cable to the winch?

BTW - I'm having a look at these missions later - will let you know. ChrisJD

• 2 years later...