On the horizon

Devil 505

Hey Devs,

Since the Gazelle came out, it has been at the top of my Helo list since I grew up around it. I was wondering if there was any way the community could get an update on what you gents have planned for 2019, OR if there is going to be an info dump soon on future projects. I was hoping to hear another Airbus Helicopter is on the way.

actually they posted on their facebook page an update.

Here is the post :

"""

We wish all our customers and friends a belated merry christmas. We have been out with our families the past days and relaxed a little bit after intense flighttests and programming months, as we hope you all had the chance to do the same.

As we hoped to be able to give the community a bigger update, but we have not met our internal goals on a few parts. Basically some part got a littlebit delayed do to a mistake I made in some physical calculations, we do hope to give you more insights towards march. What we can say though is that we have managed to have a very good and close contact to 2 american helicopter manufacturers. What that exactly means has to stay a little bit longer hidden from the community. But we are sure the waiting will be worth it and as far our plans stay on track now, we would not disappoint the community, we are more then sure about it.

About the Gazelle. We plan some updates for it in 2019. When these will eventually make it into the sim is depending on some factors. The biggest factor is time.

We have started to recode a new flightmodel with new technologies that Patrick worked on during the past 12 month, which we can hopefully show to the community in the coming months.

Let me state one thing about the new stuff. Nothing gets easier but more realistic. We have worked on parts like LTE, Transient Torque and many other fields of helicopter flightmodels with the help of helicopter experts of the US Army and french army. We also have taken a look into the multicrew issues, but we came to the conclusion that we will wait for the F14 release in DCS, cause we hope that the recent dedicated server tests of ED will help to improve the network code and occuring desynch issues that our multicrew suffers of will be undergoing a final fix then.

Do to the described factor of multicrew desynch we have decided for now to release all our future products as non multicrew capable for the sake of the product stability, which does not mean, that we will not take any look into this function at all for future products.

We also have looked into little improvements of the Gazelle which should all be happening in 2019.

Other then the above mentioned, we will maintain to work on helicopters, cause as far we have realised, by talking to software developers of the military too, that there are not many companies working in the field of helicopters and many do not take the chellange to code such a vivid flightmodel that has so many aspects.

We hope we have not disappointed any customers to not show new work in progress. The wait will be worth it, promised, but we have to wait ourselfs for another milestone to happen until we can make any puplic announcements about our new planned productline.

We wish you a nice and peaceful transition to the year 2019.

Ohh and our application desks for programmers and 3d is still open, so who ever thought about applying, do not hesitate,

Your Polychop Simulation Team

Patrick/Sven/Jeff/Josh/Alex

"""

Things seems to advance a bit but no real announcement (and it is understandable even if I want to know ^^).

However no news about an Airbus helicopter in this post :/

Nice thanks for the update morse, :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

looking forward to the updates, no matter how long they take.. the gazelle is and will be worth it.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

"About the Gazelle. We plan some updates for it in 2019. When these will eventually make it into the sim is depending on some factors. The biggest factor is time.

We have started to recode a new flightmodel with new technologies that Patrick worked on during the past 12 month, which we can hopefully show to the community in the coming months."

That sounds very promising! Just to be sure i did not misread this; you are saying here that you guys are recoding the Gazelles flight model as to be in line with your latest tech and understanding of helicopter flight mechanics? If that indeed is the case...then kudos...you can't ask much more of a developer then to have their already released products evolve with their current tech, cheers :)

Edited by sc_neo

"About the Gazelle. We plan some updates for it in 2019. When these will eventually make it into the sim is depending on some factors. The biggest factor is time.

We have started to recode a new flightmodel with new technologies that Patrick worked on during the past 12 month, which we can hopefully show to the community in the coming months."

That sounds very promising! Just to be sure i did not misread this; you are saying here that you guys are recoding the Gazelles flight model as to be in line with your latest tech and understanding of helicopter flight mechanics? If that indeed is the case...then kudos...you can't ask much more of a developer then to have their already released products evelove with their current tech, cheers :)

That is AWESOME NEWS. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

actually they posted on their facebook page an update.

Here is the post :

:/

From someone who isn't on Facebook, thankyou for posting that update, much obliged.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...