CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool - Page 68 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #671
VampireOne

Will custom callsigns and Flight names be exported along with the missons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #672
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
Question on the tool, which looks lovely.

I recently tried importing a mission I'd already built, primarily to allow me to change the coalitions. I then exported a mission back to a DCS miz file. Somewhere along the way, all of my advanced waypoint options had been removed.
I'm assuming that I'd imported or exported with the wrong settings. Can you please advise how I should avoid this happening again?
The advanced waypoint actions are generally not carried over, as CF uses its own logic of setting waypoint actions based on waypoint types etc. However, the .miz import/export functionality, which is more of an extension of the core CF planning engine at the moment, will be significantly overhauled in the near/mid-term to reflect the exact DCS/ME data structures and features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireOne View Post
Will custom callsigns and Flight names be exported along with the missons?
I tested it and it turns out they're not. It's fixed now and works as per the screenshots below. Will come in the next update. (Updates come out once per several weeks now.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	callsign1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	711.0 KB
ID:	201964Click image for larger version

Name:	callsign2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	201965Click image for larger version

Name:	callsign3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	201966

CombatFlite.com |
Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #673
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
Can we get this for in-game? I want to set these things up for missions It's fine if I have to define all this data myself.
You can organize polygons (and other objects) into user-created layers. So you can create one layer for each kind of airspace and fill it with polygons, circles etc. After you save the file, you can import it to any other .cf mission by clicking the "Import .cf layers" button, so you don't have to create it from scratch every single time

CombatFlite.com |
Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 AM   #674
Dutch Baron

Hi Viper,

Great job on the tool, I like it very much and is of great use!

I have a few questions about the kneeboard creator:

- When selecting 'kneeboard', you can select DDM and DMS, but when choosing DMS (needed for FA18C) the BULLS EYE stays in DDM, can you make that also be DMS when selecting that?

- When looking at the flights, especially the Tankers/AWACS etc. the mission creator added radio frequencies for that in the DCS ME, but they do not show in CF kneeboard and have to be put in manually. Could you make it so that these frequencies are added there automatically, as I believe you can extrapolate this from the mission?

- When adding NOTES in the kneeboard, if you type a continuous line of text and then generating the pictures, some text goes outside of the box, can you fix that?

- When generating the pictures and choosing the option 'NORTH UP' some of the pictures become smaller and a little bit in the wrong place, can you replicate this and maybe fix it if you see it as well?

Then some questions about layers/flights:

- Can you add the option to see DCS GROUP NAMES, instead of radio callsigns only, makes this a lot easier for mission creators to have that option, too.

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying, I appreciate all your efforts and your continuous development of this great tool!

Kind regards,

Dutch Baron

Last edited by Dutch Baron; 01-15-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Dutch Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #675
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Baron View Post
Hi Viper,

Great job on the tool, I like it very much and is of great use!

I have a few questions about the kneeboard creator:

- When selecting 'kneeboard', you can select DDM and DMS, but when choosing DMS (needed for FA18C) the BULLS EYE stays in DDM, can you make that also be DMS when selecting that?

- When looking at the flights, especially the Tankers/AWACS etc. the mission creator added radio frequencies for that in the DCS ME, but they do not show in CF kneeboard and have to be put in manually. Could you make it so that these frequencies are added there automatically, as I believe you can extrapolate this from the mission?

- When adding NOTES in the kneeboard, if you type a continuous line of text and then generating the pictures, some text goes outside of the box, can you fix that?

- When generating the pictures and choosing the option 'NORTH UP' some of the pictures become smaller and a little bit in the wrong place, can you replicate this and maybe fix it if you see it as well?

Then some questions about layers/flights:

- Can you add the option to see DCS GROUP NAMES, instead of radio callsigns only, makes this a lot easier for mission creators to have that option, too.

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying, I appreciate all your efforts and your continuous development of this great tool!

Kind regards,

Dutch Baron
Hi Dutch Baron,

Thanks for the feedback and useful inputs. These are good points and I'll try to incorporate most of them in the next update. (Which I plan to have out by the end of this week.)

Best Regards,

CombatFlite.com |
Old 01-16-2019, 12:00 AM   #676
Dutch Baron

That's great news, Viper!
Thanks for your support, looking forward to the update then
Old 01-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #677
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

So today Wags stated that DTC for the Hornet is coming..great news
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti | SSD Nvme Intel | Ssd NVME 480GB Adata| Speedmaster Flight Seat (Modded) with MonsterTech stick and MFD Mount | FSSB R3 Lightinhg + Hotas Warthog + Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | UTC MkII Pro + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Lenovo Explorer VR Headset
VirusAM is online now   Reply With Quote