New caucasus map - Page 58 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #571
Axelerator

Reputation power: 6
Axelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura aboutAxelerator has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone know if we're going to get new FARP textures? The current ones are not exactly the best...

Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #572
Raven68

Reputation power: 28
Raven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
You should really be worried about waves knocking you out of the sky at 20k feet, no?

Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Geforce GTX 970 4096MB (Assume the latest driver version),
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #573
Wags
ED Team

Reputation power: 227
Wags has disabled reputation

One of the questions we regularly get is how the updated Caucasus map will perform in VR. Generally, we/I am very hesitant to remark on expected performance because of the huge number of factors that can affect this. We have seen many cases of people having almost the exact same hardware, but experience greatly varying performance.

As such, I can only comment on how it performs for me, and this may or may not reflect your experience.

When flying today in the updated map in the Hornet, I spent much of it screaming down heavily wooded river valleys, with the occasional pop-ups to higher altitudes. Graphics setting was the default HIGH with tree rendering distance to set maximum and the visib range setting at HIGH. Pixel Density was set to 1.5. During all times, the FPS never dipped below 45 for a very smooth "space warp" experience.

Hope this helps.

Falcon Northwest Talon: i7 6770K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog stick with extension / TWCS Throttle.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #574
=Pedro=

Reputation power: 16
=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough=Pedro= is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
When flying today in the updated map in the Hornet...
Matt, you're so cruel!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #575
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 51
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
One of the questions we regularly get is how the updated Caucasus map will perform in VR. Generally, we/I am very hesitant to remark on expected performance because of the huge number of factors that can affect this. We have seen many cases of people having almost the exact same hardware, but experience greatly varying performance.

As such, I can only comment on how it performs for me, and this may or may not reflect your experience.

When flying today in the updated map in the Hornet, I spent much of it screaming down heavily wooded river valleys, with the occasional pop-ups to higher altitudes. Graphics setting was the default HIGH with tree rendering distance to set maximum and the visib range setting at HIGH. Pixel Density was set to 1.5. During all times, the FPS never dipped below 45 for a very smooth "space warp" experience.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the update. I hope the New Caucasus will have a better performance/stability than the old/current Caucasus. If that's the case, I'll be very happy.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #576
_schepper_

Reputation power: 1
_schepper_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Pedro= View Post
Matt, you're so cruel!
Hahaha indeed, but i like

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention
_schepper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #577
boedha68

Reputation power: 6
boedha68 has a spectacular aura aboutboedha68 has a spectacular aura aboutboedha68 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Matt
Old 12-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #578
=Buckeye=

Reputation power: 11
=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice

Quote:

Hope this helps.

VR Cockpit:
Oculus Rift CV1 | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog HOTAS + 15cm Black Extension w/ Red Spring by Sahaj | Dell 34" Curved UW 3440x1440 | ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | Steelcase Leap V2 | Philips Fidelio X1

Soon™:
Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper (ordered, arriving in Jan) + Upgraded HOTAS (waiting for throttle releases) + JetSeat SE
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #579
Precog

Reputation power: 4
Precog will become famous soon enoughPrecog will become famous soon enoughPrecog will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Hope this helps.
Good to know. What AA settings did you have? My buddy and I find performance takes a nose dive with AA and deferred shading on in 2.1

Precog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #580
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Reputation power: 33
uboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Uboats,

What are the strange blurry areas around the telephone/telegraph poles?

Happy Simming,
Monnie
or depth of field?

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities, Scripts, etc

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote