Is the Reputation system bugged?

Vitormouraa

Well I think there is a whole other cool kids club for those people ;)

I've seen good people from other sims come to DCS and get negative rep quickly... all because they dared to argue with a knucklehead who somehow had a lot of rep power, and there are a few of those on the forum. (No one in this thread!):smilewink:

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember where I read it, but I think not too long ago it was mentioned somewhere that one has to give reputation to 20 different users before being allowed to rep the same user again. Seems about right, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've now spread 20 rep points around and I still can't rep you again, so lets press on.

• Like 2

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Special rules apply to Yurgon,

only allows rep once a year at christmas and only if he has been a good boy:megalol:

That seems to be how it works I can never rep you back dear pal :)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, I have repped Yurgon even when it wasn't Christmas, and I won't speculate on how good he has been. :P

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I've seen good people from other sims come to DCS and get negative rep quickly... all because they dared to argue with a knucklehead who somehow had a lot of rep power, and there are a few of those on the forum. (No one in this thread!):smilewink:

Such a thing happened to me a long while ago. Someone obviously wasn't too happy with a post I had made. I considered it pretty rude and aggressive to downrep said post, but that's life. The -rep wasn't strong enough to get me red squares, but I felt a little disappointed. Then again, I'd gotten several +reps for the same post, so all in all I came out slightly on the plus side as I recall it. ;)

I guess it would be more flexible if we were able to assign reputation to a post rather than to a user, but all things considered I think the current system works okay.

Also, it's always nice to see people recover from negative rep when they're actually helpful and just had had the bad luck of arguing with the wrong guy once.

Nope, I have repped Yurgon even when it wasn't Christmas, and I won't speculate on how good he has been. :P

And third time in a row: LOL :D

Such a thing happened to me a long while ago. Someone obviously wasn't too happy with a post I had made. I considered it pretty rude and aggressive to downrep said post, but that's life. The -rep wasn't strong enough to get me red squares, but I felt a little disappointed. Then again, I'd gotten several +reps for the same post, so all in all I came out slightly on the plus side as I recall it. ;)

I have had some issues like that but I won't go into it because of who the negs were from.

And third time in a row: LOL :D

Well, I do try to keep up. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have had some issues like that but I won't go into it because of who the negs were from.

TBH I did -rep some posts/users when I felt they had made a particularly bad post, or were repeatedly rude or just outright trolling.

In several cases, that led to PMs being exchanged and me realizing I'd made a mistake, which I later rectified by +rep for the same user. On the one hand, I guess I should know better than to follow an impulse to -rep someone for a single post. On the other hand, when it leads to discussion and mutual understanding, maybe it's for the best after all.

Of course there was this one time I wanted to +rep a guy, and then the message said "Thanks for deducting reputation from this user" and I was like "WAT?! Oh heeeeelllll." To this day I have no clue how it happened. Well, I apologized within minutes and we became forum friends. :lol:

(And I went on a rep spree in order to make up for my mistake as quickly as possible :D)

Of course there was this one time I wanted to +rep a guy, and then the message said "Thanks for deducting reputation from this user" and I was like "WAT?!

Well, it is nice to know that I am not the only one that has had that happen. Only once, I am happy to say.

Nice stories right there! Let me tell a little one, time ago there was, or there is, I don't know.. a thread about the F-4U by LN, and I said I wouldn't like the F-4 Corsair because it's ugly.. a guy gave me -rep, just because I said the Corsair isn't that beautiful.. WAT? i.e he does not approve my post... :(

Honestly I don't like to give negative reps, he might sees me as an enemy, something like that. But there are some posts that we can't ignore, however I rarely see one of those posts where you think, "oh god, here we go..".

I've learned a lot here, example, Yurgon he showed me how important is to give +rep when you see a good post, then the guy who received the rep, will tend to post more.

But then.. you see ""You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Yurgon again." *Nicolas Cage meme*

BTW, thank you guys for the reps! y'll are awesome. :D

I've learned a lot here, example, Yurgon he showed me how important is to give +rep when you see a good post, then the guy who received the rep, will tend to post more.

That really is important. I will be the first to admit that I don't rep as many posts as I should. In particular, if I am on a tablet or phone, I am far less likely to hassle with repping a post, and seldom remember to go back and do so.

I probably owe rep to half of the regulars on the forum. :(

EDIT: It has occurred to me, more than once, that it would be nice to be able to look back at the rep you have given, in a way similar to the way we can see the rep we have received. It would make it easier to see why we can't rep someone that we haven't repped in a while.

Edited by cichlidfan

That really is important. I will be the first to admit that I don't rep as many posts as I should. In particular, if I am on a tablet or phone, I am far less likely to hassle with repping a post, and seldom remember to go back and do so.

I probably owe rep to half of the regulars on the forum. :(

EDIT: It has occurred to me, more than once, that it would be nice to be able to look back at the rep you have given, in a way similar to the way we can see the rep we have received. It would make it easier to see why we can't rep someone that we haven't repped in a while.

Nice idea on the personal rep review.

I finally worked out how to rep using Android recently, long press on rep button and open in new tab. It had been driving me crazy for years that I couldn't rep on the phone (where I almost always read the forum).

• Like 4

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Aren't you that guy who used to post a lot, and then wasn't seen or heard from for like a year or so? :music_whistling:

IIRC, that was about the time he bought a motorcycle. ;)

Nice idea on the personal rep review.

I finally worked out how to rep using Android recently, long press on rep button and open in new tab. It had been driving me crazy for years that I couldn't rep on the phone (where I almost always read the forum).

I just +repped you for this because I didn't know that either. I actually have a memo list on my phone "people to +rep" so I can do it from my PC once I am at home. :D

EDIT: About the negative rep: I don't remember if I ever -repped someone. I don't think so.

Edited by Aginor
  • Like 3

I . I actually have a memo list on my phone "people to +rep" so I can do it from my PC once I am at home. :D

o.

That is a level of organisation and dedication I just could never manage, I just didn't rep anyone for a couple of years. I am trying to make up for it now though and spreading as much rep as I can.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I just +repped you for this because I didn't know that either. I actually have a memo list on my phone "people to +rep" so I can do it from my PC once I am at home. :D

Good for you. I am lucky if the calendar on my phone is up to date, much less doing something like that.

Aren't you that guy who used to post a lot, and then wasn't seen or heard from for like a year or so? :music_whistling:

Well, I guess your reputation checks out, so say hi to them kids. :D

music_whistling.gif

-serious mode-: since a couple of years, finishing my study and now a full time job (and my motorcycle pilotfly.gif) kept me from posting and visiting as frequent as I have been.

IIRC, that was about the time he bought a motorcycle. ;)

Sounds about right :megalol: :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Glad to hear you actually have a full time job. :D

• Like 3

I had an incident last month regarding rep that shocked me. I got neg repped accompanied by some unsavoury comments about my intellect in relation to a response I posted to an innocent guy looking for Huey action/taxi driver, I harmlessly suggested he try Blue Flag. The neg repper never posted on this thread nor gave any indication as to why he was so bitter.

So I checked through his previous posts to see if i'd upset him somewhere, no previous contact but looking at some of his posts I found it strange that it was actually my intellect being questioned. I can only recall ever neg repping someone once before but this one had to be done. After doing so I noticed this guy was suddenly a red reputation, wow, a sense of power but also guilt came over me. It makes me feel that the rep system is nonsical and repping posts would make more sense.

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team

I get neg rep for moderating, suppose it comes with the territory.

I try to help as many people as I can here, only 20% of them rep me for it.

most people are not aware of the rep system or just don't care about it, which is fair enough :)

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well.. I can't really understand why someone would give you a negative rep Scott..

BIGNEWY in my opinion, is one of the best person I've ever seen in this forum, he helps everyone, if you have a problem, he can help you without any problem. He has helped me a lot. All the time you see BIGNEWY around helping and solving problems, always. I've sent him reps many times, because he does a good job, and he's very polite, always.. So I really don't see any reason for giving him a negative rep, jus because he's doing his job? moderating the forum? hm..

When I see someone doing a good job, rep is must..

• Like 3

Well.. I can't really understand why someone would give you a negative rep Scott..

BIGNEWY in my opinion, is one of the best person I've ever seen in this forum, he helps everyone, if you have a problem, he can help you without any problem. He has helped me a lot. All the time you see BIGNEWY around helping and solving problems, always. I've sent him reps many times, because he does a good job, and he's very polite, always.. So I really don't see any reason for giving him a negative rep, jus because he's doing his job? moderating the forum? hm..

When I see someone doing a good job, rep is must..

AMEN to that.

BigNewy deserves huge rep.

• Like 4

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org