Trackir 5 loading wrong profile

jd_jay

Good morning, after some wait I finally have my dream system and able to enjoy these titles, so I am in the middle of a big learning curve. I noticed something wasn't right with my trackir profile whilst running a-10 so whilst in game I checked trackir, and it seems to select the black shark default profile rather than just the default profile or the dcs a-10 profile. Is there a way I can stop this happening? I've also heard there are some better profiles on here some where for trackir.

Many thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I had an issue with TrackIR not saving my settings, even though I had given it admin rights and set it exclusive.

I solved this by manually editing the settings xml and my profile xml using notepad++

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I haven't bothered with any of the exclusive tick boxes as been letting it run itself. It was more of a case that it associates the black shark profile from the titles list rather than dcs a-10 profile from the titles list

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you running the A-10C module in DCS World?

I noticed when I switched to World, it loads whatever profile is selected for the Black Shark title even thought I am running A-10C. Take a look in your TIR software, under the titles tab, look at Black Shark - to the right is the profile set to load, you can change that to whatver profile you want to load. I have a custom DCS-A10c profile I have selected there, and when I launch A-10C from within World it loads it.

Alternatively you can load up whatever profile you want and tick the exclusive box as suggested.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You are welcome, have fun!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 years later...
I had an issue with TrackIR not saving my settings, even though I had given it admin rights and set it exclusive.

I solved this by manually editing the settings xml and my profile xml using notepad++

What exactly did You edit in settings and profile? I have same issue, I don't know what to edit in settings and profile to make it work again.

It's changing my profile while in game even set excusive and end up with HUD switch to left side. :(

23tgu9e.png

Edited by MAS

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC 4.0)|32GB RAM 2400|Nvidia 1080 OC|ASUS X370 PRO|EVGA 750|SSD SAMSUNG 500MB|4T GB HDD|Thrustmaster Hotas X|32" 1080p|Track IR 5|Win10 x64|

that what it works for me:

connect your profile to the title

22ixxd.png

save profile , make it exclusive and disable all hotkeys

29vo279.png

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC 4.0)|32GB RAM 2400|Nvidia 1080 OC|ASUS X370 PRO|EVGA 750|SSD SAMSUNG 500MB|4T GB HDD|Thrustmaster Hotas X|32" 1080p|Track IR 5|Win10 x64|

What exactly did You edit in settings and profile? I have same issue, I don't know what to edit in settings and profile to make it work again.

It's changing my profile while in game even set excusive and end up with HUD switch to left side. :(

23tgu9e.png

Nothing visible concerning your profile here but I'm sure that if you fly this mission without wind, your HUD will be centered again... :thumbup: