moving pilots arms and legs/ external view

DonJosh

This would be rather useless and waste of time

.... but consistent with other DCS modules, so it's not a waste at all. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

YES I ALWAYS SPEND MY WHOLE TIME PLAYING DCS JUST TO SEE A GUY MOVING HIS LEGS AND ARMS. :doh:

+1

I'm sitting in the cockpit all the time, so what's the point in creating that moving pilot in the external view?

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

It's just a nice small touch and when I am playing single player, it looks weird that the think just stands still while moving. It might have little to no effect on Multiplayer but it helps to keep a level of polish there. Like Cobra said, it will probably be done when they have the pilot done so it will be just rolled in with the rest. They after all are doing the carrier crew animations after all.

+1

I'm sitting in the cockpit all the time, so what's the point in creating that moving pilot in the external view?

What if we don't animate anything at all? Ailerons, Rudders, Gears, etc? Because YOU YOU YOU YOU.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Seriously? The Mig-21 already has a rather heavy impact on the framerate with the present amount of detail.

The impact would go unnoticed. After all, it's not adding anymore polygons or shading information.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It might be that the artist(s) in leatherneck have no task at the moment, so why not make a new pilot model? Not every team member is doing coding, so I don't believe this to slow down developement. Why the hostility if we are getting something little extra?

Oh, we do, easily 14+ hours a day currently. Hence it not being done. :P

That said, it will come eventually, as noted previously in the thread.

Lets' skip the bickering.

Performance impact for something like this is fairly small, but it does exist (Vertex transform & animations. Unlikely to be added past LoD0)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/