Concerned about latest FC4 info - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #71
DerFangzahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post
Why would anyone be upset? Why do you care how much money someone else spent on game?

If you are waiting for FC4 aircraft, you just admit you like simplified models more, and that ED is making step in right direction with FC4.

Server shouldn't even know whether user has FC4 or DCS version of aircraft; it should be the same slot.
If I buy a module for 60 bugs and some month later the same plane is available for a fraction of the prize I would be really p.ssed.
I care how much money I am spending. That is the point.
DerFangzahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #72
Svend_Dellepude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFangzahn View Post
If I buy a module for 60 bugs and some month later the same plane is available for a fraction of the prize I would be really p.ssed.
Wont happen unless It's on sale. FCx are not full fidelity modules so it wont be the same plane.

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.
Svend_Dellepude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #73
DarkFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordite View Post
Su yes, mig no.
Maybe I should have been more clear. Yes, we have the MiG-21 and will be getting the MiG-23 and MiG-19, but the only other place to fly a MiG-29 is X-plane, which is by no means a combat sim.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM.
DarkFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #74
Headwarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
So you're telling me there are wannabe pilots who wants things easy and yet they come here to try DCS? I can only say, OK, try it, but remember you'll only get what you give. There is nothing to be afraid of in the full fidelity. There are even game modes already. Turn on invulnerability and nobody touches you even the ground won't break you. You don't need whole list of bindings for starters, just a few. But if you want to be an ace or even start to become proficient in combat it's another story and you have to dig in, set for realistic and man up.
Oh, the money... but you get one jet and one prop FOR FREE plus the whole DCS World pack and the Caucasus map! What else do you need to start the journey? Free YT tutorials. After some time you can decide what you want.
Maybe I just don't understand that mentality: "Oh, the manual has 300 pages - tl;dr, 25 keys to remember - that's too many, and so many buttons in the pit, dials everywhere, oh my, I am so intimidated, I give up, mom, I quit!"
Study sim does not exlcude fun from air combat or the flight alone. It can only add more.
In the end if it's what it takes to stay in the business then let it be, let's have more FC modules. It does not take anything from us, actually I have one and it's load of fun but I have it for different reasons and I wish I had a choice.
Pretty much anybody having fun in DCS that isn't a real world pilot is a "wanna be pilot" are we not? Perhaps you have some real world flight experience, but in the end we're talking about sitting on our butts in front of a computer blowing up virtual combatants or flying through a virtual world, some of us with sensory deprivation devices strapped to our heads.

I dont know how many people you have convinced to give DCS World a try, but I've brought a few by suggesting they pick up FC3 on sale. It's simply the best bang for the buck. They get a wide range of options for fighter/attacker combat, time spent in the DCS environment, and eventually end up trying out click pits. It certainly offers a better taste of DCS's capabilities than JUST the Su-25T or an unarmed TF-51. I mean without Lock On: Flaming Cliffs would DCS World even exist today? And a few bindings? I have almost every button between my warthog stick and throttle bound + a modifier. And again I hear "easy easy easy".. how many hours did you put into that F-15C for it to be easy to you? And how much prior simming or piloting experience did you have when you "sat" in it? I'm curious. I know people who have been simming longer than I have that still die pretty regularly. I know at least one real world pilot who dies regularly in combat sims.

People learn at different paces.. I'm a hands on kind of guy. Not everybody is going to do things the way you like to do it.

In the end, you're right, it does not take anything away from us. It could in fact, benefit the company behind development, and do its part in allowing for more overall people to fly with or shoot down.

I'm in the mindset of embracing the noobs..encouraging the noobs...sharing knowledge with noobs rather than ridiculing other people's choices or lack of understanding when it comes to things they have no prior experience with. In many many ways I am still a noob myself, coming up on a few years worth of simming experience other than some childhood fun with sims that are nothing like what even FC3 can give us today. But it's all about having fun, and more players = more chances for that. FC3 definitely made the sim easier to digest for me when I first started out.

That being said - I'm not saying the chosen 4 are unquestionable or anything. I personally have no reason to buy simplified models of aircraft I have the a full fidelity version of. But if it ends up opening the door for more people, or making ED some easy money so they can keep bringing us stuff like the Hornet, and whichever F-16 Variant (Viper?) and future improvement to the base client I'm all for it. We all started somewhere.
Win 10 pro 64bit i7 8700k @ 4.7ghz (all cores) - EVGA GTX 980 Ti, 16GB DDR 4 3200 16CAS - Acer Predator x34 (3440x1440@100hz)- Peripherals = msffb2 for heli/prop planes, warthog (for jets), -Warthog throttle, Logitech G13, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds

Last edited by Headwarp; 07-07-2018 at 02:50 AM.
Headwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #75
=4c=Nikola

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFangzahn View Post
It's not the same plane.

One is with full systems simulated and the other is not.

Same as buying a car: you can buy basic version for 10k euros and you can buy full package for 20k euros.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:12 AM   #76
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headwarp View Post
I dont know how many people you have convinced to give DCS World a try, but I've brought a few by suggesting they pick up FC3 on sale.
Well, I personaly don't know anyone interested in the sims so there is no point trying to convice someone to start commiting his/her time to something so complex like DCS while clearly it's a long road and also wouldn't even try to convince any hotheads out there. Even IRL they choose pilots wisely you know.
However if they find their way to this forum I very actively help any newcomers and guide them on how to keep on the learning process while still having fun and encouraging because things gonna be hard.

Quote:
And a few bindings? I have almost every button between my warthog stick and throttle bound + a modifier.
What you have binded is not what a newbee needs to start flying.

Quote:
And again I hear "easy easy easy".. how many hours did you put into that F-15C for it to be easy to you? And how much prior simming or piloting experience did you have when you "sat" in it?
I never said it's easy nor it should be. I am nowhere near being proficient in the Eagle. But I have over 100 DCS flight hours (I wouldn't consider anthing before that a serious sim exp), like 200 landings, few hundreds AA kills, read forums and technicals a lot... so my knowledge and experience is not of a newbee either.

Quote:
I know people who have been simming longer than I have that still die pretty regularly. I know at least one real world pilot who dies regularly in combat sims.
Why someone dies in the sim is much reliant on how and what one does. I die a lot too. If you take a risk and try hard things you'll fail many times - it's normal process for anyone still on their way to the mastery. You can stay on the safe side but, unfortunately, fear of death is not simulated here.

Quote:
FC3 definitely made the sim easier to digest for me when I first started out.
The choice of FC3 imo should be because of the aircrafts it provides not simplifications. I'm sure you'd do just fine choosing full fidelity module first.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:03 AM   #77
muamshai

I didn't read the whole thread but I believe that FM and weapons behavior will be the same.
Now since more players are expected to fly Mig21, so let's hope that SPS-141 will get some love (didn't fly Mig21 for last one month)
Old 07-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #78
SVTONY

Well after seeing the MAC announcement today, I think everything makes more sense now. I don't think it's a bad idea anymore.

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:54 PM   #79
PeaceSells

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY View Post
Well after seeing the MAC announcement today, I think everything makes more sense now. I don't think it's a bad idea anymore.
My thought exactly. After seeing the selection of aircraft, I was really pleased. It's a very cool and diverse selection of planes, while still not overpowered in relation to the high fidelity modules. A real treat for beginners in DCS.
Core i7 4770 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 2GB, Intel DB85FL motherboard, ASUS VG248 monitor 144Hz 24" 16:9, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS and TFRP pedals, TrackHat Clip Kit, Razer Deathadder mouse @1000Hz @1000DPI, Windows 10 64bit
PeaceSells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:04 AM   #80
Lao Fei Mao

Just curious about if the jets mesh and texture quality are different or same between the repeat ones in MAC and FC3, otherwise I see it unnecessarily to buy the MAC.
Lao Fei Mao is offline   Reply With Quote