RWR lock signals multiple contacts locking you?

madeiner

Hello,

i think i am experiencing a bug.

Playing multiplayer with the M2000c, i find that most of the times when a contact is locking me (circled on rwr) i get multiple contacts with the lock symbol, so i cannot determine which one is locking me.

It happens with airborne targets and with sams.

I *think* that's normal with SAMs that might have different radars, but airborne targets shouldn't do that?

Hello,

i think i am experiencing a bug.

Playing multiplayer with the M2000c, i find that most of the times when a contact is locking me (circled on rwr) i get multiple contacts with the lock symbol, so i cannot determine which one is locking me.

It happens with airborne targets and with sams.

I *think* that's normal with SAMs that might have different radars, but airborne targets shouldn't do that?

Hi,

It will be hard to answer you without video/ track/ something...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Here is a tacview file.

I can't pinpoint the moment when it happens since my tacview is not able to show radar locks, but it's basically anytime i'm locked.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IFZMIfKDWX_4eMfLklFIICOK_BlTXDyU

Also, here's the original .trk file from which i generated the tacview (by replaying the file at 1x):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qhZyOexpZDdI3KYXDDTIt7tg7uCUYYZJ

• 2 weeks later...

I think I’m experiencing same thing. It’s usually when there’s another RWR contact directly opposite to the one locking you. So for example, if there’s an enemy on your 3 o’clock and friendly on 9 o’clock and the enemy locks you, RWR will show both the enemy AND friendly locking you.

I’ll be back home on Monday so I’ll try to produce a track but it’s indeed kind of hard to pinpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm i saw multiple locks on me, but at this moment i thought this could be true ... (due to the enemy situation)

but if i think about it a bit more now, it could be your issue described ... i have to check this - maybe tonight

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

I think I’m experiencing same thing. It’s usually when there’s another RWR contact directly opposite to the one locking you. So for example, if there’s an enemy on your 3 o’clock and friendly on 9 o’clock and the enemy locks you, RWR will show both the enemy AND friendly locking you.

I’ll be back home on Monday so I’ll try to produce a track but it’s indeed kind of hard to pinpoint.

I produced a track and no one answered.

I also think that it may be the issue you describe, but not necessarily opposite, just from different antennas maybe?

In multiplayer you always have things around you and almost every lock is multiple.

I also think that it may be the issue you describe, but not necessarily opposite, just from different antennas maybe?

In multiplayer you always have things around you and almost every lock is multiple.

Yes, I know, things can get chaotic, but this is almost certainly from single source (the lock starts and ends at exactly the same moment for multiple contacts)

Also, another piece of the puzzle is that people call buddyspike on me even though my radar is 100% in search mode - not locking anything.

There’s definitely something going on that’s worth investigating.

Sorry, I just realized that I misunderstood the part about different antennas. Yes, indeed, that can be the case, not just directly opposite.

• 2 months later...

Happens to me quite often, but isnt module specific.

Looks like when some sort of SAM radar locks on to a client, then every client in that direction get locked, even at 100nm. We have this happen a lot in some coop stuff.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |