Flightmodel

Neuse

Hey guys i got two questions:

Is the C101 really that underperforming irl?

Aircraft literature states speeds of +420kts at sealevel. Even unloaded i cant reach that.

It has just a slightly lower thrust to weight ratio then a L39 and in DCS the performance is so much worse in speed and acceleration.

My other question would be: Why is there 0 rudder authority during takeoff.

You can pull your stick out till 120kts and nothing happens and at 120 it magically snaps up.

Seems not like a real aircraft behavior to me.

Thanks for your help and input. Keep improving the plane. It a great trainer.

There’s several versions in rliirc one has a beefier motor and I don’t think we got that setup in dcs I know one model performs better than the other.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Our simulation is made according to real data. What you see is what the real airplane is.

Regarding what you commented about rudder authority during takeoff, are you talking about rudder (lateral control) or elevator (pitch control)? I don't see any issue in rudder, it starts to be effective at around 40 kts, as stated in the real manual.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Hey thanks for the reply :-)

Yeah i ment the elevator. Cant get it to react before 120kts. Even if i´d go full flaps.

During landing with full flaps you have control below 120 as long as in the air.

On touchdown it tries to snap on the ground again. Its been like this forever, i just hopped on to it when talking to a buddy that brought it up and said it felt strange.

You have to set trim to -1.5 for takeoff. Start to pull the stick almost full aft at around 100 kts, and the aircraft will take off at around 120 kts.

For landing, set the correct speed, around 100 kts at touchdown, with a trimmed aircraft and you will be able to land on main wheels while keeping the nose up.

For exact numbers, refer to flight manual.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

You have to set trim to -1.5 for takeoff. Start to pull the stick almost full aft at around 100 kts, and the aircraft will take off at around 120 kts.

For landing, set the correct speed, around 100 kts at touchdown, with a trimmed aircraft and you will be able to land on main wheels while keeping the nose up.

Thanks for the tips, will update my Notes accordingly :)

best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB