Trouble getting grip back on

dburne

I think I am about at my wit's end.

Ok so the MCG Pro grip , I had removed it a little earlier and trying to get back on. Have done this many times.

There is a screw that goes through the two black bushings, that locks the grip into place. Normally those bushings slide out, but now they are pretty much stuck in place, can't hardly get them to budge or move to allow the gap to get the grip on.

I have been screwing with this the last half hour, and it is getting ridiculous.

Has anyone run across this, and have any advice? It is like those two plastic pieces have expanded a little and don't just slide through the holes any longer.

Really frustrated. Stuck with the grip unattached and just can not get it back on, this is crazy.

Can't even get the screw to back out or go in, it is just stuck in there with the plastic bushings.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well I finally got them out, now the bitch is trying to get them back in. Very tight for some reason, like they don't want to go into the hole. Really not sure why such a pain now when I have done it so often and they just slid right in.

Maybe by tomorrow I will have it back together if I don't do something rash.

Can't get them back in at all, time to set the Gunfighter aside. Thankfully not the only stick I have.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Never had that issue unless it's turned slightly out of place (the cut out needs to be vertical and facing toward you, but I'm sure you know that). They don't always come OUT really easily, but I just tap one out, then poke the other out with the screw. Usually no big deal.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Never had that issue unless it's turned slightly out of place (the cut out needs to be vertical and facing toward you, but I'm sure you know that). They don't always come OUT really easily, but I just tap one out, then poke the other out with the screw. Usually no big deal.

Yeah that is the way I have done it several times, now for whatever reason it ain't workin.

Can't get them back in at all.

Over an hour now crapping with this thing, ugh. Definitely need to stop now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I should also clarify, it is actually the extension tube I am connected to. The connecter that locks it to the gimbal base.

What is interesting is one end of the hole in the extension tube is threaded, the other is smooth.

Wondering if that might have something to do with causing this.

But again have removed it several times previously with no big deal.

Don B

Ok finally I managed to get it back on.

Whew, I am really not sure why all the trouble I just could not seem to get those two parts first out of the stick, and then back in this time.

Hour and a half later, am all good to go again. Weird, hopefully next time will be ok again lol.

Don B