Hercules Down - A Multiplayer CO-OP Mission on the Persian Gulf Map by SEDLO

Hercules Down - A Multiplayer CO-OP Mission on the Persian Gulf Map by SEDLO

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301293/

2 hours ago, a USAF Special Forces C-130 made an emergency landing on the Iranian controlled Larak Island.

The crew managed to land the aircraft on a road, but it hit rocks and spun out of control, breaking up and catching fire. The crew members have made their way to the shoreline, but the Iranians have mounted a military effort to capture them. We must rescue these crew members before the Iranians can take them prisoner.

The mission includes custom voice overs, knee boards and triggers to try and make it as realistic and fun as possible. Tested on DCS Open Beta 2.52. YMMV on other versions.

Fly a Combat Air Patrol or "On Call CAS" mission over Larak Island to protect the downed crew members and the rescue helicopters.

Pontiac 11 (CH-47D x 2) will launch from KASAB at 07:30 and proceed to Larnak Island to rescue the downed aircrew. Blue Air's mission is to protect the friendlies on the ground at Larnak, and provide CAP for the rescue effort.

An Iranian response is anticipated, so keep your guard up. You are cleared to fire on any Iranian aircraft, ground unit or seaborne vessel within 10nm of Larnak Island.

*** F-15C, F/A-18C, A-10C, AV-8B and the Mirage 2000 have custom knee boards installed. Mission briefing is available in game there ***

(TARGET AREA REPRESENTED BY WAYPOINT 1 FOR ALL AIRCRAFT)

LINEUP

[TABLE]CALLSIGN TYPE ROLE NOTES

CHEVY 1 AJS37 X 4 ANTI SHIP/STRIKE TUNB ISLAND

COLT 1, COLT 5 MQ-9 REAPER RECON / JTAC AIRBORNE

SPRINGFIELD 3 F/A-18C STRIKE USS STENNIS

SPRINGFIELD 4 F/A-18C STRIKE KASAB AB

SPRINGFIELD 5 F/A-18C x 4 STRIKE AIRBORNE

SPRINGFIELD 6 AV-8B X 2 STRIKE KASAB AB

SPRINGFIELD 7 M2000C X 4 CAP AIRBORNE

TEXACO 21 S-3B VIKING TANKER TACAN 21X, 229.6

UZI 6 A-10C X 4 STRIKE AIRBORNE

UZI 7 AV-8B X 4 STRIKE KASAB AB

UZI 8 AV-8B X 4 STRIKE USS TARAWA

WIZARD E-2D AWACS AIRBORNE, 317.4

OVERLORD E-2D AWACS AIRBORNE, 129.05

SHELL 11 S-3B VIKING TANKER TACAN 11X, 378.5

TEXACO 21 S-3B VIKING TANKER TACAN 21X, 229.6

ARCO 31 S-3B VIKING TANKER TACAN 31X, 287.5[/TABLE]

FREQUENCIES

[TABLE]FREQUENCY USE NOTES

317.4 STRIKE PRIME UHF ALL UHF PLAYERS ON THIS FREQ

129.05 STRIKE PRIME VHF ALL VHF PLAYERS ON THIS FREQ

229.6 TEXACO 21 TANKER

287.5 ARCO 31 TANKER

378.5 SHELL 11 TANKER

121.5 VHF GUARD

243.0 UHF GUARD[/TABLE]

TACANS

[TABLE]TACAN USE NOTES

01 X USS TARAWA

11 X SHELL 11 TANKER

21 X TEXACO 21 TANKER

31 X ARCO 31 TANKER

74 X USS STENNIS

84 X KASAB AIRBASE[/TABLE]

Flyable aircraft include the F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS37, M2000C, F-15C, A-10C, MI-8 and the KA-50.

NOTE: This is my first attempt at a multiplayer mission, so any feedback is welcome (just be nice about it:)

Title1.jpg

PG_CHARTsmaller.jpg

Edited by Sedlo

Hey Fee! Yes, give it a go... I'm not going to have much computer time this weekend, so do what you need to do and get it going for your group. I'll likely be able to get to it on Sunday evening.

Hey Sedlo,

Any chance you (or I) could set those Chinooks to optionally be player controlled UH-1Hs or Mi-8s?

This looks right up our alley but I don't like to take the hacksaw to other peoples' missions if I don't have to. ;)

Thanks and no rush! We have our weekly op planned and briefed already so this would be 8/4 at the earliest on our end. If you're willing to get in there and set it up I'll leave it to you as I don't know how you have things scripted.

Great to see another person designing some large format ops, though. I certainly have fun in the ME but it's nice to not know exactly what's going to happen once in a while. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sedlo,

We flew a modified version of this op for our squadron op this weekend and had a great time. Very nicely done. :thumbup:

I've PM'ed you a TacView file if you're interested in reviewing how things went down.

We did encounter a couple of issues that can be corrected with a few minor changes for future attempts. They contain some spoilers for what happens so beware if you haven't flown it yet!

1- Since SA-342s were not present in the op prior to spawning in at NE Larak, they caused a pretty massive lag spike that caused 2 of our 3 SAR helos to crash. Fortunately our 3rd pilot was still able to retrieve the C-130 crew! Adding all vehicle types and an uncontrolled version of every airframe that will be active in the op at a remote airbase will prevent these types of lag events when new units spawn in.

2- The Bandar Abbas alert MiG-21s had some issues with their taxi logic and failed to take off; after the initial F-5 attack and follow up MiG-29 scramble, CAP just orbited for the rest of the op.

3- The carrier group gets hung up on two small islands North of Kasab and is unable to complete their route or turn around

Those issues aside, we thoroughly enjoyed the mission so thanks again for sharing! Hope to see many more full scale ops from you. :)

Edited by feefifofum