#03 - DEV UPDATE & GAMEPLAY VIDEO 28/05

Cobra847

I agree. The MiG-21 looks to be shaping up to be not only one of the most detailed aircraft for DCS but one of the most detailed aircraft for ANY flight sim EVER. Really impressed with the standard of work that has been put into this project.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're putting in 16+ hour work days, they've stated it several times and I think Cobra mentioned being awake for 24 hours once. I'm betting on DCS: MiG-21 will finally be released in late June.

Yeah, holy crap I really do hope they will get their time more than rewarded for. I even feel guilty of just paying 30$ for such a product. Well if I know a friend who would really love to fly the MiG or any other of their products, I won't hesitate to buy it as a gift.

Yeah, holy crap I really do hope they will get their time more than rewarded for. I even feel guilty of just paying 30$ for such a product. Well if I know a friend who would really love to fly the MiG or any other of their products, I won't hesitate to buy it as a gift.

Can we be friends? I really want this plane but I dont think i will have the money for a first day purchase

• Like 1

what a mooch, get a JOB.

I was kidding but so you know, some of us come from countries that have minimum wage 200$ and the medium wage 350$. So its really a struggle to buy one of these modules if you are a student. I have 5 modules but all were bought when there were discounts. I will probably buy this one short time after release because my country still opertes Mig21, and this module looks to be the best one so far.

What country spidergeo?

Romania. But in the same situation is Bulgaria, Moldova, And almost the whole Asia and Africa(even worse).

We are supose to get some 3rd hand Portughese F16 block 30 or something. But that happens when you are a small country in NATO.(you have to buy s*it from others :)) )

Edited by spidergeo

Try New Zealand, we have about 15 transport helos, 10 transport planes, no weapons capable helos or planes and no tanks. Not that we need them haha

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

while i do feel bad that some would struggle to find the money to buy the modules (hey I'm in Canada working minimum wage just about) so its not easy for me to buy the hardware / modules either. However in Canada its considered somewhat rude to openly beg for a something for free (although perhaps less so for something that is vital to survival)

I guess you could argue the MiG-21 is vital to your survival :P

while i do feel bad that some would struggle to find the money to buy the modules (hey I'm in Canada working minimum wage just about) so its not easy for me to buy the hardware / modules either. However in Canada its considered somewhat rude to openly beg for a something for free (although perhaps less so for something that is vital to survival)

I guess you could argue the MiG-21 is vital to your survival :P

How many times do I have to say that it was a joke?

And I really dont know how people from Romania and Bulgaria survive because prices are exacly the same as in west but wages are 5-6 times lower.

And i do consider Mig21 vital for my survival :)). For me looks better then food

Try New Zealand, we have about 15 transport helos, 10 transport planes, no weapons capable helos or planes and no tanks. Not that we need them haha

But you're getting the SH-2G's soon so that's bound to change (kind of)..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

However in Canada its considered somewhat rude to openly beg for a something for free (although perhaps less so for something that is vital to survival)

Same here in Finland.. Especially older (retired) people just wouldn't accept something even for free even if it was vital, it would be that much shame to them.. Luckily things _have_ changed.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Same here in Finland.. Especially older (retired) people just wouldn't accept something even for free even if it was vital, it would be that much shame to them.. Luckily things _have_ changed.

Older??? retired??? Retired maybe but less of the older please! :P

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Actually I don't know, but if I had to bet on something I'd guess the IFF system or something like that.

Only the encoding algorithms are classified for IFF. The pilot just sets it like any other transponder. Software just takes care of the rest.

Does this have the new EDGE engine? when will we see that?

Leatherneck studios has nothing to do with the release of EDGE, the MiG will apparently work with EDGE just fine but Eagle dynamics is the one that is actually creating EDGE and releasing it.

When will we get EDGE? Who knows...

Does this have the new EDGE engine? when will we see that?

A module doesn't have any 'engine' at all, in the first place.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I see so basically everything else is declassified and there should not be any restriction on modeling of the systems in this sim?

nice so we can expect that all of the systems will be modeled in this sim as they have never been modeled in other sims before. That sim will be much more powerful than A-10 C . Falcon BMS or any other stuff there. As I look through other Sims not all the systems are modeled, and some of them are partially modeled. I guess that will not be the case with Mig-21.

Umm.. No. Not all systems can be implemented just because they are "de-classified". Mig-21 is no exception.

I am sure there are some aspects which are too laborious to model but add little to no significance to gameplay which are probably ignored by the devs.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|