Check this out

Coxy_99

There will be a number of high resolution 2nd gen VR sets appearing in the coming months I suspect. I'd expect that Oculus are still going to be market leaders and we'll hear from them soon. HTC seem to have jumped the gun and announced an intermediate solution already, but they've probably got more to announce too.

We can expect wireless solutions, glove controllers, wider field of view, forward facing cameras to implement augmented reality too.

Star VR have a lot of catching up to do, so it may be a bit of a leap in the dark if you pin your hopes on them at this stage.

You're right not to leap right now, because these developments are probably less than a year away now.

Best advice would be to wait and see what the reviews say when the press get hold of the 2nd generation equipment.

Have you seen anywhere that StarVR will develop and come out with a consumer version?

StarVr has been around since the beginning with Oculus and Vive, but they have made statements and have no interest in making a consumer version headset. There only dealing with companies for entertainment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you seen anywhere that StarVR will develop and come out with a consumer version?

StarVr has been around since the beginning with Oculus and Vive, but they have made statements and have no interest in making a consumer version headset. There only dealing with companies for entertainment.

The vid i posted said there working with steam and valve who knows, Looked interesting.

The vid i posted said there working with steam and valve who knows, Looked interesting.

Well... They are following the OpenVR standard that Valve started by making own VR standard available for HTC first closed, then later opening it and calling "OpenVR".

And that is the key now here on the Vive/Steam side, that you have this one standard how software and hardware should work. You have the "lighthouse" laser beam reflectors and then dozens of tiny cameras in HMD and every controller reading the position of the "lighthouse" in their field of view.

And then you have all combined to software as well for calibration and configuration etc.

And that is what they are doing, following the OpenVR standard by using specific IR sensitive sensors in HMD and coming to be compatible with the controllers from others as they can just leave it to OpenVR side and not even consider it by themselves other way than implementing the Bluetooth to HMD so controllers can communicate with the HMD to send their data to computer.

The idea of the "OpenVR" standard is that you don't really need to work with Valve than just follow the specifications. That instead going a own route or going what Oculus has done (their trademark).

Interesting part is the 6:05 and 11:15 part about the FOV.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.