HUD Brightness

johnv2pt0

RAZBAM, why is it that on both of your aircraft you cannot change the intensity of the HUD?

As a layman, this seems to me like it would be one of the easiest items to implement and yet even the mirage still burns out my retinas while flying it. It's great that I can dim the warning lights (sarcasm), but I'd prefer the ability to see targets when running in or preserve at least a smidge of my night vision while penetrating the weather on the ILS searching for those magical lights on the airfield.

It is one of the most important tools that melds man and machine and a good amount of the time it's actually a hindrance.

Please RAZBAM...save my squad mates from my incessant complaints...give me a working rheostat...do it for Harambe.

(Seriously though, if there is a reason I'd love to know...like I said...layman.)

+1

I really miss that feature in both modules. Being in VR the strong HUD intensity becomes really intrusive in low light, or contrasted against dark background.

Goes for all green in the cockpits, Radar, RWR, MFD's etc.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wait the mirage is missing HUD Brightness/contrast too? i thought it was just the harrier.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

• 2 weeks later...
There is a mod for Mirage replacing oryginał hud fonts to the les bright nad more realistic one.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2627862/

OOoooooo That looks interesting, Thanks I shall give that a try.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 3 years later...

There is now. This is a 3 yr old thread that you replied to.

Its vertical scroll wheel towards the left hand side on the bottom of the HUD controls panel below the HUD itself. Try it with the mouse wheel, it should work.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.