104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

I'm running v1.5.8.12823, but thread's first post says server is v1.5.6.1340.230 - Open Beta. Is this supposed to not allow me to play? I can join, start-up a Ka-50, fly the route to waypoint 1 and then I'm disconnected usually at this point. Not sure if I should revert my version to the server's version...

Also, I'm not running SimpleRadio yet (it's not in the server's description inside DCS or the mission briefing), but I'm already installing it.

I do want to try this server, but I don't want to revert versions if I'm not sure it will solve the problem... Btw, is there a plan to update the server to DCS last version?

Thanks!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

How are the GCI slots gonna work ? Where do I have to sign-up ;)

Is it a weekend only thing ?

For how long ?

Is there going to be a live map ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I thought it was lowered recently.

Yeah it was, that means you need a better connection :D

I live in eastern europe and I got steady 150 so I am happy, kick them laggers out :music_whistling: :lol:

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Yeah it was, that means you need a better connection :D

I live in eastern europe and I got steady 150 so I am happy, kick them laggers out :music_whistling: :lol:

What's the current limit? My ping is around 150-200ms, I don't know if that's why I'm being disconnected...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

We lowered it again to 250 as Oceandar pointed out to test out server stability and its been positive in terms of lowering server crashes.

We are going to test it out for a further week or so before making a commitment to keeping it or going back above 250.

Sorry to anyone who is missing the cut, we have to think of the majority of clients who are below 250. I know its not fair on people above 250 however its also not fair on users below 250 who have to endure server crashes because of someone's poor connection.

We know 100% that not everyone with a ping of above 250 has a bad connection but for now its a good number for us to stick with to ensure only clients with solid traffic hops to our server are connected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

^^ Thanx for the info.

Could you tell me if we have to have the exact same version of DCS that the server is running (1.5.6.1340.230 - open beta) or can I play with DCS latest version (1.5.8.12823 - stable)?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

104th Simple Radio Frequency Chart

wqOGXQ4.jpg

Please save the above chart for future reference when flying on the 104th Server.

We will be making a big push this year to get more people on board Simple Radio while flying with us so don't get left behind.

We have set up a teamspeak channel to help anyone struggling with getting SRS Setup.

It is located below our Help Desk Channel and is called Setting Up Simple Radio. The channel description has a full breakdown of how to install and configure the radio for use with the 104th.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^ Thanx for the info.

Could you tell me if we have to have the exact same version of DCS that the server is running (1.5.6.1340.230 - open beta) or can I play with DCS latest version (1.5.8.12823 - stable)?

Server is currently hosting on 1.5.8.12823.414

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3359909']We lowered it again to 250 as Oceandar pointed out to test out server stability and its been positive in terms of lowering server crashes.

We are going to test it out for a further week or so before making a commitment to keeping it or going back above 250.

Sorry to anyone who is missing the cut, we have to think of the majority of clients who are below 250. I know its not fair on people above 250 however its also not fair on users below 250 who have to endure server crashes because of someone's poor connection.

We know 100% that not everyone with a ping of above 250 has a bad connection but for now its a good number for us to stick with to ensure only clients with solid traffic hops to our server are connected.

Roger that Mav, thats very understandable. Hope there's something I can do to lower my ping.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Roger that Mav, thats very understandable. Hope there's something I can do to lower my ping.

Cheers

I know several guys that have good luck using VPNs to lower their pings. I know that sounds strange, but it does work for the people I know in both India and China. My guess to why it works is that the VPN that they are using is using a different route/path from their machine to the destination host. Ive seen the VPNs reduce pings by more than 50 in some cases. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it already and are looking for possible solutions.

I know several guys that have good luck using VPNs to lower their pings. I know that sounds strange, but it does work for the people I know in both India and China. My guess to why it works is that the VPN that they are using is using a different route/path from their machine to the destination host. Ive seen the VPNs reduce pings by more than 50 in some cases. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it already and are looking for possible solutions.
Yup, I've tried using VPN on Blue Flag last year and had a great results. Surprisingly never bothered to try on 104th server as my ping always between 220 - 300 thus I thought it's ok because it's still below the ping limit.

I'm gonna try it tonight with VPN. Wish me luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Good one @SRS :D

Edit: Sorry for the huge ****up a few minutes ago on Sochi-runway.

I was inbound with a heavy loaded Harrier in VSTOL config and during final I had to divert to the right side of the runway, because left was being occupied by an F15 running on the RW and as soon as I hit the throttle full forward there appeared another guy, without lights (At least I didnt see any) on the right side...

Result: Hit the Rear and crashed the whole group at the takeoff holding, really sorry :(

Edited by kreisch

Just now with OP Liberty there is somekind of problem with the JTAC drone. We got the message of the cleared SAMs and after a moment that it's on station. But no laze on the ground and only a Humvee 'looking for targets' in the CTLD menu.

Could it be that a player build JTAC caused problems? Awesome with the SR freqs, sadly nobody uses them yet. But I am going to promote it next time I do GCI.

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOOOME ! ! ! Big <3 <3 to you guys ! xD ;)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yes, OpenBeta 1.5.8 was updated to 2.5.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence