Toggle switch on-on-on?

TonyStovepipe

You don't need on on on switches, the middle position will always remain on and the sim won't recognize you moving the switch to that position. Get on off on switches. You'll need to edit the default Lua to get the results you are looking for. You can find out how here :https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

You don't need on on on switches, the middle position will always remain on and the sim won't recognize you moving the switch to that position. Get on off on switches. You'll need to edit the default Lua to get the results you are looking for. You can find out how here :https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

I use an ON-ON-ON switch and DCS recognizes all 3 positions fine, with no lua editing either.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

I use an ON-ON-ON switch and DCS recognizes all 3 positions fine, with no lua editing either.

You can do that, but you also waste an input you could use for something else. If I used switches that had on positions for every switch position I'd double the amount of inputs I'd need and I'd run out of existing inputs to wire them to.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

You can do that, but you also waste an input you could use for something else. If I used switches that had on positions for every switch position I'd double the amount of inputs I'd need and I'd run out of existing inputs to wire them to.

Yeah, that is definitely an issue if you have a lot of switches. I personally prefer to spend more time wiring and less coding, but if you run out of inputs then that answers that!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

I have 17 on off on toggles in my pit alone. If I had to bind the middle position to a button in DCS to avoid Luna coding is use up more than half of a 32 button joystick board.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

I have 17 on off on toggles in my pit alone. If I had to bind the middle position to a button in DCS to avoid Luna coding is use up more than half of a 32 button joystick board.

Well, MMJoy supports 96 and DCS supports 128 inputs so we are not restricted to 32 buttons like most games.

To each his own.

To each his own.

Yep, just trying to help :thumbup: