• A-10C
    • F-15C/E
    • F-16C/D
    • F/A-18C/D/E/F
    • Hawk/T-45C
    • Civilian Airliner
    • Civilian General Aviation
    • Other (specify)

Hi Cali the most obvious in this low resolution picture are first as agrasyuk has pointed out the out line of the Landing gear and fuel panel. This first was incorrectly done by RectertoneOne then Frank ,and now is shown in Hog's graphic. This is why I made my first statement.

Here are a few other glaring mistakes you don't need to own real panels to spot .

Most of the panels Dzuse cut out

The canopy open and close pane is shaped incorrectly.

The Elec panel shaped wrong

The ILS window incorrect

Aux light panel wrong shape

An ARC 186 radio is just buggered

Utility light /Ground safety over ride wrong size

You all so forgot if this graphic is complete with the addition listed the seat adj panel .

And as I reread the thread I see Hog has pointed out the fact that with the current lay out back lighting the knobs is impossible

What mistakes are those?

Edited by Deadman
Clarification

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

There is no way to give some one any one a thumbs up until you see the product , the quality of construction material used and durability compared to the price you have paid for the item. Hog's starting price of $1670 UDS for

arpox 38 panels your looking at $44.00 a panel depending on the conditions listed above a very reasonable price for back light able panels and as long as they don't leak light like a sieve. personally I would want to purchase Aluminum back plated but others have gotten the plexi glass. So enuff of my thought on this good luck Hog on your new project.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

While I do appreciate your end sentiment DM, what I don't understand is how fast this turned into a nitpick to show everyone the errors, especially from the few that wouldn't buy a cockpit set to begin with. What I am offering is a way for someone to own a full set of panels. As my production and design skills grow, there will be updated versions. This is only the start of my endevour to bring multiple cockpit sets to the community.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

would you really rather to be told of incorrect shape after you make the pilot production run? the earlier it is the less effort it is to fix. you have a good pointer to check how exact are your references .

You are correct in that I would rather send out the first orders with the least amount of issues. That being said, the image I posted is mainly to show which panels are available in the set. The individual images do no fully represent the actual cut panel as some changes have been made. I've been pretty tired working long hours the last few days, so I may not have said it properly earlier. I do appreciate the feedback to make it all resemble a 100% realistic set, but please be aware that this is still a working project and the image is not the end product.

Any inquiries about the purchase of the set can be sent to info.fspanel@gmail.com

Edited by hog_driver111th

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

I hope things work out for you Hog. I for one don't care if things are 100%, if something is a little off that is ok with me, but depending on how much. Some people go to far with some of this stuff. I'm looking at building a generic pit, hopefully using monitors for most of the stuff....but that's me.

Thx for the the list DM, I would have never noticed any of that stuff and it would have still looked great to me.

Good luck again Hog, these look great. And for someone to make them themselves they would be spending a lot of time and money. You will make building a pit a lot quicker and maybe even cheaper.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

HOG wile sending you a lengthy PM i have missed this post. In response all I can say by pretty much every one knows that i have spent quite a bit on real panel and reproductions well. I all ways tried to find some one to advise me on witch companies had good products . This did not happen I ended up spend quit a sum on panels of poor design and what maters now, I really don't think other want to waist the time and money getting the same education that I did . so I tend to speak up.

I really can't nick pick any thing about your product with out seeing it in a descent resolution. Cali asked what the obvious problems were i just replied with the glaring ones.

this is enough said good luck on your project

While I do appreciate your end sentiment DM, what I don't understand is how fast this turned into a nitpick to show everyone the errors, especially from the few that wouldn't buy a cockpit set to begin with. What I am offering is a way for someone to own a full set of panels. As my production and design skills grow, there will be updated versions. This is only the start of my endevour to bring multiple cockpit sets to the community.

Edited by Deadman

No worries DM. I sent you a reply in regards to your PM. All's good. It's been a helluva long weekend for me. In fact, I'm off to bed for the next 3 days (plus working on the F-18C in the meantime, hehe).

For the "one uppers"

Dude, just keep up the good work. I think I speak for everyone when I say there are a bunch of negative people trolling the forums just trying to rain on someones parade. Deadman being one of them. Out of most of the posts he makes its always giving someone hell about minor things. Not once did Hog say that this is the last and final picture of what the panels would look like. If that was the case, no one would have purchased any of the other panels that have been sold on here in the past. I've purchased panels on here and own Flim's entire Aces II seat. If it were based on 100% realism and accuracy of the parts, then you might as well focus on setting aside thousands upon thousands of dollars to get as many parts out of the real plane that you can. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if all you will do is point fingers at others and not give any kind of constructive information to back your claim, just keep your comments to yourself. All this is a work in progress. We are fortunate to have someone trying to help us all enjoy our flight sim hobby to the fullest. There are very few among us who know what the actual amount of time, effort and commitment it takes to create these panels...and for what? You will never become rich from doing this I can assure you that...but you will help countless people enjoy flight simulators more and even inspire others to actually go on and peruse careers flying the real deal. In the end, for those who are dead set on having 100% realism in panel size, shape, color etc., my response to you is go join the military...that way you can have the real deal and file all complaints with the aircraft manufacturers themselves. Flim, who is well known throughout the forums gave it a thumbs up, and since that guy knows his stuff...I say hats off to you Hogdriver. Good day.

• Like 1

Hog has been around for a while as well, and it will be tons of work to get going, but he will figure out what works and what doesn't. Don't mind Deadman, he likes real parts... that goes with the territory!

Wow Layzie I never knew that with 15 post you spoke for every one wow:helpsmilie:

Dude, just keep up the good work. I think I speak for everyone when I say there are a bunch of negative people trolling the forums just trying to rain on someones parade. Deadman being one of them. Out of most of the posts he makes its always giving someone hell about minor things. Not once did Hog say that this is the last and final picture of what the panels would look like. If that was the case, no one would have purchased any of the other panels that have been sold on here in the past. I've purchased panels on here and own Flim's entire Aces II seat. If it were based on 100% realism and accuracy of the parts, then you might as well focus on setting aside thousands upon thousands of dollars to get as many parts out of the real plane that you can. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if all you will do is point fingers at others and not give any kind of constructive information to back your claim, just keep your comments to yourself. All this is a work in progress. We are fortunate to have someone trying to help us all enjoy our flight sim hobby to the fullest. There are very few among us who know what the actual amount of time, effort and commitment it takes to create these panels...and for what? You will never become rich from doing this I can assure you that...but you will help countless people enjoy flight simulators more and even inspire others to actually go on and peruse careers flying the real deal. In the end, for those who are dead set on having 100% realism in panel size, shape, color etc., my response to you is go join the military...that way you can have the real deal and file all complaints with the aircraft manufacturers themselves. Flim, who is well known throughout the forums gave it a thumbs up, and since that guy knows his stuff...I say hats off to you Hogdriver. Good day.

I think we all would prefer to have real cockpits. This venture of mine definitely isn't to make money. As Deadman mentioned, for the price I've set, it works out to costing around $40 per panel, roughly. By home cockpit standards, that's pretty cheap even without electronics, and doesn't leave much room for a profit, which isn't what I'm trying to do here. All I'm wanting to do is create multiple aircraft cockpit sets. In order to get more sets designed, some areas won't be perfect, unless you all want each new type to take as long as it does to release a new DCS aircraft.

Ok, I think I remember saying I was off to bed somewhere a few hours ago. I better stop rambling! I'm too tired to think!

I'm not one to entertain ignorance but since you decided to point out that I only have 15 posts (as would a typical 1 upper), I felt that it was only appropriate to respond. I only have 15 posts as I work in the oil and gas industry and preoccupy myself with my job so that I can continue making the annual 6 figure salary that my family and myself greatly enjoy versus just tolling forums to discourage those who try and better the sim community. And when I'm not working, I am out flying (real world) or spending time with my family which takes priority over being a full time forum poster since that doesn't pay the bills. And as far as being the voice of others, in any other setting I would gladly forward you some 20 or more messages from other forum members confirming your negativity, but that wouldn't be nice now would it? Maybe I too should go purchase some real panels myself so that I too can become a "panel guru". Any other person would have humbly told Hog what was wrong with his panels and would have offered assistance correcting them. With that said, I rest my case. Good day to you sir and God bless you! :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Oh my Layzie this appears to be a troll do what you wish. I ask a question here do to the similarity of design hog dos not have any of his work posted what has been negative I actually praised his pricing for the full set I have not made any negative comments about any of his work because we have not see it. Now about you obviously have money if you want to purchase real panels I will gladly sell you most of mine be done with me buy me out. You may have a problem find real panel any ware else there just are not many around.Be assure that i have an excellent reputation for delivering quality products. have a nice day:smartass:

Edited by Deadman

How about we get back onto topic of the different types of cockpit sets folks would like to have, instead of trying to argue who is better than who. Let me end it by saying that the quality of work in my sets will not at all match the quality of anyone else. Why? Because I'm not them. If anyone is interested in buying my sets regardless of what the rivet counters say, to be able to build a home cockpit of your choice without having to build it all yourself, then that's what I'm here for.

I'm approaching the halfway point in the legacy hornet designs. It's a daily project even though my wife said I'm "supposed to be on vacation" from my normal job.

Edited by hog_driver111th

Take it to pm's guys. I would love to buy the F-16 panels, but I said before as of now I'm making a generic pit which will incorporate monitors for a lot of my stuff. I'm just not that big into having all the physical switches, but if I was it would be a different ball game.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I'll be on vacation (finally) tomorrow for about a week. I've actually been off for a week already, but working on these designs have kept me busy.

Just a little preview of what I'm working on for the next set. This is still in the early stages, so please keep the rivet counting to a minimum. :thumbup:

This design will also coincide with the Super Hornet that Cortex Designs are making. (Same Lot #)

F/A-18E

FA-18EWIP.jpg