Sidewinder damage effects

Why does it takes most of the time to two to three aim-9s to bring down a mig. He can shot me down it one r-60. But for me it takes three sidewinders. Make no sense! The f-5 is more or less useless with this arcade settings from ED.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Why does it takes most of the time to two to three aim-9s to bring down a mig. He can shot me down it one r-60. But for me it takes three sidewinders. Make no sense! The f-5 is more or less useless with this arcade settings from ED.

I agree with you I have observed this watching some of the steams the aim-9s do seem to do less damage. So I wondered if this was a problem with the code or that Mig's are (in reality) made of more durable components and are therefore being truly represented.

• Like 1

Not another one........

There are already X other threads about this issue.

So, again: It happens to all planes, with all missiles. Wait for ED to update the missiles and the damage model

What if it has been posted before? Has it been posted about 2.5? Anyway, what does it matter to you if someone posts again down the line? Try looking at a post you can contribute positively to. Or are you just interested in your post count?:smartass:

• Like 1

I flew mission 6 in the Georgian War campaign and observed two Su-24s survive direct hits with AIM120s. I had to finish them off with the 20mm. One survived getting hit with both an AIM-120 and an AIM-9. Did the Russians start using deflector shields or something?

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

AI helos are super touch too. MI-28 take direct hit from hellfire and Keep flying :D same goes for AH-64’s , they can take many direct amraam shots and still fly :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What if it has been posted before? Has it been posted about 2.5? Anyway, what does it matter to you if someone posts again down the line? Try looking at a post you can contribute positively to. Or are you just interested in your post count?:smartass:

As I said. It has been posted before in 2.5. Some own little research could have done the trick as at least one of them is also active and popping up sometimes when you click "new posts".

• Like 1

As I said. It has been posted before in 2.5. Some own little research could have done the trick as at least one of them is also active and popping up sometimes when you click "new posts".

I wasn't looking for the post but seeing the title I remembered what I witnessed while watching a stream so added to the post. As others have it does not matter how many times a subject is posted in fact the more the better if there is a problem it has more chance of being looked at. So grow up and add to your post count constructively where your comments are wanted.

• Like 2

As others have it does not matter how many times a subject is posted in fact the more the better if there is a problem it has more chance of being looked at. So grow up and add to your post count constructively where your comments are wanted.

Sorry but it does not work that way, a single bug report where all the information is regrouped is far better for the devs who have to analyse and reproduce said bug. Multiple similar bug reports don't help and the only thing they do is make the bug fixing harder and clutter the forum.

This is also against the forum rules :

"1.4 Posts/threads that undermine the actions of the forum staff, such as opening threads that are redundant, disruptive or deal with topics that have been previously locked, will result in administrative actions against the user."

So, instead of telling people to grow up you should maybe read the forum rules...

• Like 2

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Sorry but it does not work that way, a single bug report where all the information is regrouped is far better for the devs who have to analyse and reproduce said bug. Multiple similar bug reports don't help and the only thing they do is make the bug fixing harder and clutter the forum.

This is also against the forum rules :

"1.4 Posts/threads that undermine the actions of the forum staff, such as opening threads that are redundant, disruptive or deal with topics that have been previously locked, will result in administrative actions against the user."

So, instead of telling people to grow up you should maybe read the forum rules...

I just did a search for sidewinder damage only one came up this.

Edited by FireCat
To add

It's ok, I understand and have no problem with this :).

The problem is you saying that more threads about the same issue is better, when it's against the rules and counter-productive.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Yep, because the other few threads about this were not about the sidewinder, but more generally about the F-15, weapons and other planes/damage model.

(yes, I am aware that you cannot know this, as I don't know how much you browse this forum and thus sometimes the same, newer threads slip through under your radar...)