Let's talk about rewards

luthier1

I was going to make this backer-only, but then realized this cuts off all of the PayPal backers. So I made it public, and I'm also reposting this here so non-kickstarter backers can also comment.

My biggest task for the next few days is to tally all Kickstarter and PayPal backers into a single database. Then we have to create a web interface for you to access backer-only content. Kickstarter by itself is no good since it leaves all PayPal backers out.

In addition to content access, there will also need to be an interface for your reward management.

It's a bit of a project, so we probably won't have it ready for a little while.

My overall plan is to offer the matrix functionality to everyone.

If you've selected a non-matrix reward tier, then you'll have the option of claiming it exactly as is, or substituting it for a matrix-style set of extras.

My most important point here is that I want everyone to be happy with their rewards! Many of you asked for individual options during the kickstarter. With the way the rewards system is set up, I could not create all of the individual packages that people wanted, but now that we're here, I'll be more than happy to work with you.

We obviously have a huge number of reward tiers. I'll tally everything early next week, when I've gotten some much-needed sleep, and I'll post the framework here.

Then, the only thing that's really pressing is the DCS World P-51. It's the only reward that can go out right away.

If you have selected a reward tier that specifically lists the P-51, you'll be receiving your product keys via email next week.

Otherwise, the process will be completely manual for now. If you selected a matrix tier and wish to receive the DCS World P-51 as one of your rewards, just contact me and I'll issue you the product key next week.

Or, if you explicitly selected the P-51 as your reward, but now decide you'd rather have something else, again, please contact me and I'll manually change your reward in my list.

I'll provide more detailed instructions once my overall reward tally is out early next week.

Then the next step that needs to be done is for me to start manufacturing any other rewards that can be produced. The P-51 manual is the only manual that can get printed right away. I'll keep you guys updated on the entire process. Project T-shirts and posters, too. I really want to make sure all the rewards are well made, good paper, good ink, good fabric, so they'll be something you'll enjoy using.

At this point I just have some contacts, but no decision on where I'll be manufacturing all the physical rewards. If you can recommend a place where I can print out the manuals, posters, or T-shirts, especially if a backer is an employee or an owner, or if it's local here in Southern California, please let me know.

Oh, and I'm going to try to do a little landscape development update, and then I'll finally hit the sack.

Thank you everyone who supported this project!

PS. One more thing. Kickstarter rules prohibited raffles. I also could not specifically mention my old project for other reasons. Nevertheless, I have some amount of my old series memorabilia that I was planning to give away as a part of this kickstarter. I have a few old signed copies of old boxes, some signed posters, and a couple of pin-up calendars.

Even though none of that was promised to anyone, I'll be very happy to do a backer raffle. I'll post more about it next week.

Ilya, this will be a wild ride... Happy to be on board.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I'm ready for the next Kickstarter B-17! If I understood correctly, along with it will be,

and South England?

ASUS Rampage III GENE X58 \Intel i7 920 (3623 MHz OC) \ASUS DirectCU Radeon HD 7970 \3 to 4GB Patriot PSD34G16002 \Enhance ENP-6610GA 1000W \SSD Intel 730 240GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB \Thermaltake Element G \42'' LG LE8500 (LED-TV) \steel floor-mounted stick \steel pedals AC-1x/FW-190 \Free Track (PS3 Eye) \Windows 10 Pro x64

Next Kickstarter: Hawker Tempest V!

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Looking forward to the dev video. As for the reward process I can't see there being a need for much of a rush as the only thing people can get realistically before next year will be the P-51 and the manual for it. Maybe you should do stages?

P-51

P-51 Manual

Final for everyone else.

That way if there are problems with the reward selection process early on it will only affect a smaller amount of people, then it can be fixed on the next batch.

Book publishing the only one I know of is lulu in Europe, but not bought a physical book from them so unsure of the quality. They already sell the P-51 manual. http://www.lulu.com/shop/eagle-dynamics/dcs-mustang-p-51d-manual/paperback/product-20469501.html Maybe to reduce shipping costs use a few different publishers, USA, Europe, ROW. Though you can't personally check the quality that way.

Looking forward to being in on the project, guiding the decisions and directions that the funding campaigns take, it's great to feel involved and really looking forward to being a part of this process.

Congratulations Ilya, bet you're glad these days are long gone:

;)

Cheers, MP

Hi,

If it was posted somewhere, I missed it -- I just received a P-51 license, and wondered how we can choose our extras -- could someone involved with project at least post something as to where to find news about it?

yeah i also still struggle to understand what i will actually get as well....i pledged 215$, selected the 200$ reward(the one which was available from the start of the project), which only states that i will get:

"Everything at the previous level, a mention in the Special Thanks section of the game credits, plus a custom-designed project backer T-shirt."

the previous level is now either the 170$ reward, or the other 200$ reward...im quite confused, and dont know where to look for it....i didnt revceive a p51 license...thats all i know.

Hello DaviRed,

with "previous level" the original 150$ level is meant. The 170$ level was inroduced later and therefore not adressed as "previous level"

But if you prefer the new 170$ level it should be possible to write Ilya a message and asking him to change your reward.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

At the moment you will get : mention in the special thanks section, T-shirt, hard copy of the game’s air combat strategy and tactics manual, and spiral-bound copies of complete aircraft manuals for two flyable aircraft in the game, plus 50$ level reward, but no copy of the P-51. (if I unterstand that right)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I would contact Ilya and ask him to change your reward to the matrix tier of 200$ where you can select any six extras.

Ilya, thank you for the communication. So much to look forward to. My personal opinion is to take your time with the manuals and make sure the quality is there. Those are things that we want to hold on to for a long while and I agree with you that they should be well-made with good paper.

Also when will you be communicating things such as the development meeting schedules and such with those of us that contributed at that level?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

yeah i also still struggle to understand what i will actually get as well....i pledged 215$, selected the 200$ reward(the one which was available from the start of the project), which only states that i will get:

"Everything at the previous level, a mention in the Special Thanks section of the game credits, plus a custom-designed project backer T-shirt."

the previous level is now either the 170$ reward, or the other 200$ reward...im quite confused, and dont know where to look for it....i didnt revceive a p51 license...thats all i know.

At the moment you will get : mention in the special thanks section, T-shirt, hard copy of the game’s air combat strategy and tactics manual, and spiral-bound copies of complete aircraft manuals for two flyable aircraft in the game, plus 50$ level reward, but no copy of the P-51. (if I unterstand that right)

I'm quite confused, I pledged $200 on the first day of the kickstarter campaign, it was stated that I would received TWO product keys for the P-51, which was the only reason I committed to that level.

I feel taken...the prior level stated "Two product keys for the DCS World P-51".

Edited by ATAG_Deacon

I'm quite confused, I pledged $200 on the first day of the kickstarter campaign, it was stated that I would received TWO product keys for the P-51, which was the only reason I committed to that level.

I feel taken...the prior level stated "Two product keys for the DCS World P-51".

If that's what you want that's what you shall get. Don't worry, be patient.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

If that's what you want that's what you shall get. Don't worry, be patient.

I thought I was being patient. Keys for the P-51 were sent out 4 days ago. I contributed at a level which I believed included this. I made a choice on day one about what I wanted...

• Pledge $150 or more

2 backers
    DCS World Tier 4. Everything at the $50 level, plus TWO digital copies of DCS World FW-190D-9 with beta access (when available in early 2014), and TWO digital copies of DCS World P-51D Mustang (on successful kickstarter completion). Share with a friend!

Estimated delivery: Feb 2014
    Add $12 USD to ship outside the US

which was available on day one.

Because I've been a long time IL-2 1946 & Cliffs of Dover supporter and believe in Ilya, Oleg, and crew I made a decision to give a little extra:

• Pledge $200 or more

You selected 20 backers All gone!
    Everything at the previous level, a mention in the Special Thanks section of the game credits, plus a custom-designed project backer T-shirt.

Estimated delivery: Sep 2014

Mind you, I made my pledge on day one of the KS campaign based upon what was offered at the $150 level and decided to give more.

Hello ATAG Deacon,

in your first quote you quoted the 150$ DCS World Tier 4. But if you pledged 200$ at the beginning of the kickstarter you will get everything at the standard 150$ level. That is:"Everything at the $50 level, plus a hard copy of the game’s air combat strategy and tactics manual, and spiral-bound copies of complete aircraft manuals for two flyable aircraft in the game." (plus the 200$ rewards T-shirt etc.) I don`t see any copies of the P-51 there.

If I were you I would contact Ilya to change your reward to the 200$ Matrix Tier. There you can select 6 extras. (If you want 6 copies of the P51;)).