Maps

Mufasa

I'm not trying to get on ED's bad side but these maps are more Air Force friendly than they are Navy Friendly. I don't fly Air Force Planes. The Caucasus map to start off with there is no way a carrier would be sailing in there unless it were Russian. In the Persian Gulf Map there is no way the US Navy would get that close to the Gulf of Oman let alone the Straits Of Hormuz. During The Gulf War the birds were flying for over 4 hours at a time, with refueling to the target and refueling back home. The ship was in the Arabian sea the whole time. We need naval maps like the Arabian sea or the Pacific even the Indian Oceans. It's easier if you depicted the Sea's, Gulfs, or Bays, for example you could make a map of Somalia with the Indian Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea. I'm just trying to make this more realistic, Flying off the carrier where a carrier should not be is really not cool. It won't be there in the case of the Persian Gulf and in the Case of the Caucasus how do you get it in there? You have a map coming out soon of Wake Island and really that's for the WWII planes because the US Navy presently has had nothing to do with Wake Island.

You seem to be playing the wrong simulator .. you really should try CMANO:

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/command-modern-air-naval-operations-wargame-of-the-year-edition

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm not trying to get on ED's bad side but these maps are more Air Force friendly than they are Navy Friendly. I don't fly Air Force Planes. The Caucasus map to start off with there is no way a carrier would be sailing in there unless it were Russian. In the Persian Gulf Map there is no way the US Navy would get that close to the Gulf of Oman let alone the Straits Of Hormuz. During The Gulf War the birds were flying for over 4 hours at a time, with refueling to the target and refueling back home. The ship was in the Arabian sea the whole time. We need naval maps like the Arabian sea or the Pacific even the Indian Oceans. It's easier if you depicted the Sea's, Gulfs, or Bays, for example you could make a map of Somalia with the Indian Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea. I'm just trying to make this more realistic, Flying off the carrier where a carrier should not be is really not cool. It won't be there in the case of the Persian Gulf and in the Case of the Caucasus how do you get it in there? You have a map coming out soon of Wake Island and really that's for the WWII planes because the US Navy presently has had nothing to do with Wake Island.

I'm sorry my friend but the US Navy deploys to the Persian Gulf (Northern Arabian Gulf). I've been deployed there. I think you are referring to some back in the day stuff.

Dubai is a very nice place!

As for Wake Island, it has been used as a stopover for TRANSPAC aircraft. So , it will be useful.

I do agree with the what you said about the Caucasus map. There's no way to get a US Carrier in there Lol.

Hope this helps.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

I do agree with the what you said about the Caucasus map. There's no way to get a US Carrier in there Lol.

A US carrier is physically capable of transiting the Bosporus and Dardanelles, it's unlikely they would, but it could.

The Marianas map should be of a pretty decent size for more realistic carrier ops.

Also, it's a game, most people don't want to take off, fly for 2 hours to drop a few bombs, then fly 2 hours back to land.

A US carrier is physically capable of transiting the Bosporus and Dardanelles, it's unlikely they would, but it could.

The Marianas map should be of a pretty decent size for more realistic carrier ops.

Also, it's a game, most people don't want to take off, fly for 2 hours to drop a few bombs, then fly 2 hours back to land.

Cool. That's interesting, but like you said, highly unlikely. I'd pay money to see it though Lol.

Taking another look at the map of the region, I'm not seeing where a carrier could get in there. Hmm!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosporus

Having watched carriers transit Rich Passage on the way into the Bremerton shipyard many times, Bosporous Strait is downright roomy by comparison. Whether there would ever be a need to do so, well that's questionable... but definitely doable if they decided to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosporus

Having watched carriers transit Rich Passage on the way into the Bremerton shipyard many times, Bosporous Strait is downright roomy by comparison. Whether there would ever be a need to do so, well that's questionable... but definitely doable if they decided to.

Thanks for sharing that!

If the Bosporus is wider than that Rich Passage, current carriers should be able to get to Istanbul, IF the water is deep enough, and there is a place for them to drop anchor. We stopped in Istanbul when I was on the Shangri-La in 1966-67.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Well, here's more than I ever wanted to know about the collective "Turkish Straits". Not gonna lie and say I read the whole thing... but enough to believe that it actually is really unlikely an American carrier would end up in the Black Sea. It's physically easy enough to get in, but geopolitically it's roughly impossible... I never knew any of this. Interesting discussing!

http://cimsec.org/let-me-get-this-strait-the-turkish-straits-question-revisited/43792

Well, here's more than I ever wanted to know about the collective "Turkish Straits". Not gonna lie and say I read the whole thing... but enough to believe that it actually is really unlikely an American carrier would end up in the Black Sea. It's physically easy enough to get in, but geopolitically it's roughly impossible... I never knew any of this. Interesting discussing!

http://cimsec.org/let-me-get-this-strait-the-turkish-straits-question-revisited/43792

Thanks for sharing, very interesting read :thumbup:

The Black Sea is not a place any CVBG commander would feel comfortable operating, ESPECIALLY in an environment of heightened tensions with Russia. The Gulf is bad enough, even given Iran's less-than-stellar capabilities in the 'symmetric' domain.

I'm sorry I come from an era where F-14's were on the deck of carriers, along with S-3 tankers and A-6 Intruders, and when Carriers needed fuel just like planes did, oh and there were no women on board ship.

There's no map made currently for late cold war period other than Caucasus. PG is modeled for modern times. Also where did you hear about Wake Island? Have you mistaken it for future Marianas map?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria