CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool - Page 22 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #211
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperatorJack View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, will it be compatible with Multiplayer? Will I be able to plan a flight for say blue flag and load it into my aircraft?
Not sure if I understand what exactly you have on mind, but you can plan a mission with any number of Client aircraft.

As for loading stuff into aircraft, among all DCS modules only the Viggen supports data cartridges at the moment. The creation of which is, of course, possible in CombatFlite.

CombatFlite.com |
Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #212
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post
Not sure if I understand what exactly you have on mind, but you can plan a mission with any number of Client aircraft.

As for loading stuff into aircraft, among all DCS modules only the Viggen supports data cartridges at the moment. The creation of which is, of course, possible in CombatFlite.

This is where we need ED to step up to the plate and add functionality, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Order:
Custom made Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Halls Sensors and Otto switches

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #213
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
This is where we need ED to step up to the plate and add functionality, correct?

Correct

CombatFlite.com |
Old 06-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #214
Caput_58

I've been following this for awhile, and I'm excited to see it so close to release. For me, and for a lot of people like me, I'm sure it's a day 1 buy. Of course, I bought the hawk and the c101 too, so I'm obviously a little more reckless with my spending than the average DCS player.

For that reason, I really hope you consider releasing some sort of CombatFliteLite for free, for the other 95% of DCS users out there. I think it's pretty similar to TacView, another excellent piece of software. I own a licensed copy, but most of my friends use the free version, at least at first, though a few have since picked up a paid license. I could never have talked them into to paying for it at first, but once they see all the cool stuff it does, they are sold.

Finally, widespread adoption of CombatFliteLite would pressure module makers to integrate it with any aircraft that have the ability to load data cartridges.

In the end, it's your product, and I'll support you no matter how you market it.
Caput_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #215
OperatorJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post

I did explain it poorly.

What I'm asking is if I want to plan a flight for a multiplayer mission where I am not the host or mission maker, and there' isn't normally flight plans for the aircraft, will I be able to do that through this tool?

As in, join a server like Dynamic Caucasus/Blue Flag, and use the tool to plan my flight prior to startup and takeoff?
Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #216
LazyBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperatorJack View Post
I did explain it poorly.

What I'm asking is if I want to plan a flight for a multiplayer mission where I am not the host or mission maker, and there' isn't normally flight plans for the aircraft, will I be able to do that through this tool?

As in, join a server like Dynamic Caucasus/Blue Flag, and use the tool to plan my flight prior to startup and takeoff?
At the moment only the viggen, as far as I know, will let you load a custom flight plan like that automatically. However I would assume you can get coords to input manually for other aircraft.
LazyBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #217
microvax

Im throwing money at the screen, its not working.

I am really all about mission planning and I literally cant wait to use this.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #218
CallsignFrosty

Will this be payware? BECAUSE I WANT TO THROW MONEY AT IT

CallsignFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #219
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caput_58 View Post
I've been following this for awhile, and I'm excited to see it so close to release. For me, and for a lot of people like me, I'm sure it's a day 1 buy. Of course, I bought the hawk and the c101 too, so I'm obviously a little more reckless with my spending than the average DCS player.

For that reason, I really hope you consider releasing some sort of CombatFliteLite for free, for the other 95% of DCS users out there. I think it's pretty similar to TacView, another excellent piece of software. I own a licensed copy, but most of my friends use the free version, at least at first, though a few have since picked up a paid license. I could never have talked them into to paying for it at first, but once they see all the cool stuff it does, they are sold.

Finally, widespread adoption of CombatFliteLite would pressure module makers to integrate it with any aircraft that have the ability to load data cartridges.

In the end, it's your product, and I'll support you no matter how you market it.
There will definitely be a trial period, after expiration of which some of the functionality will be disabled, but some will still be accessible. (Unless it will be released as a freeware of course, which still is an option...)

CombatFlite.com |
Old 06-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #220
davidp57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
Hi guys,
Viper39 let me put a video overview of CombatFlite beta. I hope this will answer some of your questions.