New damage model - Page 21 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 06:59 AM   #201
NineLine
Community Manager

All reported, just timing right now.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #202
flare2000x

Just flew DCS for the first time in a while, after finally updating to 2.5 finally. Good news is it runs fairly well, I'm on medium settings with good FPS with only a few stutters. Still hoping to get those figured out.

However I did one dogfight mission, P-51 against 109s, and boy did I realise why I stopped playing. There's just no fun in fighting against the AI at the moment with this kind of damage model. One 109 was peppered with shots, streaming from both radiators and then black smoke from the fuselage. He flew back to base.

The other 109 I hit with probably 20-30 rounds, holes in the fuselage, wing, huge hole in the tail section, but he kept flying (at super high performance as the AI likes to do) and I had to escape to base.

The new DM would really bring me back to this sim as it is very fun otherwise. Right now only ground striking would be fun...

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!
Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5
flare2000x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #203
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

As far as i know the new DM is only for human players first. Not for AI

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #204
VII.Racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I believe some resources were shifted towards the Yak. The Yak is coming to a close, so I will start asking about the WWII DM again very soon.

Holyyy shit..................................................
VII.Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #205
Reflected

Since the last couple of updates AI planes don't keep flying and kicking your @ss while belching black and white smoke. They fly on more conservatively, then eventually their engine dies and they bail out. Have you noticed? Maybe it's the first step towards the updated DM?

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #206
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Since the last couple of updates AI planes don't keep flying and kicking your @ss while belching black and white smoke. They fly on more conservatively, then eventually their engine dies and they bail out. Have you noticed? Maybe it's the first step towards the updated DM?

I wondered about this too! . . it seemed different, but I wondered if it was just Placebo effect.
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #207
Reflected

Definitely not placebo. Before, when fighting against MIG-15s, even when they were smoking they would climb like redstone rockets...now I got one smoking, he started flying funny, then 20-30 seconds later he lost control and ejected. I experienced the same when I clobbered a 109 yesterday. His prop eventually stopped, and the pilot bailed out.

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #208
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Definitely not placebo. Before, when fighting against MIG-15s, even when they were smoking they would climb like redstone rockets...now I got one smoking, he started flying funny, then 20-30 seconds later he lost control and ejected. I experienced the same when I clobbered a 109 yesterday. His prop eventually stopped, and the pilot bailed out.

So... it's only you and me who have noticed so far?
If this is true, then it's a big change IMO. I'm going to do some more testing I think.
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #209
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post
If this is true, then it's a big change IMO. I'm going to do some more testing I think.
It always seems so many changes aren't stated in changelogs that it's quite possible.

S!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #210
DD_Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post

Not just you and Reflected, Phil. I noticed this whilst in the course of flying the Epsom Campaign, has been this way for some months now. Might be a 2.x version thing though, not sure that legacy 1.5.8 users benefitted from it.

It's definitely a refreshing and much more immersive behaviour change, even if they can still pull off some less credible manuoevres.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote