[LATER] Double GBU-38 per pylon

med-taha

No. Double JDAM requires the BRU-55 rack, which was not in service on legacy hornets in 2005, which is the year our Hornet is based on, therefor we will not get it in our DCS Hornet. Wags has confirmed this already in previous threads.

No. Double JDAM requires the BRU-55 rack, which was not in service on legacy hornets in 2005, which is the year our Hornet is based on, therefor we will not get it in our DCS Hornet. Wags has confirmed this already in previous threads.

BRUs are already in the sim, therefore we’ll be able to carry 2 per pylon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

BRUs are already in the sim, therefore we’ll be able to carry 2 per pylon.

We have BRU-33 right now, which is not able to carry "smart" GPS/INS weapons that require the data connection to the aircraft. The BRU-55 has the data connections to allow "smart" weapons.

We have BRU-33 right now, which is not able to carry "smart" GPS/INS weapons that require the data connection to the aircraft. The BRU-55 has the data connections to allow "smart" weapons.

My mistake, didn’t pay attention to the number. Should know better than that seeing how I load then in RL:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Whoa, we are getting the BRU55 and double GBU-38s per pylon now?

This is a departure from previous statements.

Don’t think they ever made a definitive statement on it, but it seems like they are opening up to more possible stores configurations instead of JUST historical ones.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Yes, and GBU-32 later in early access.

Good to hear, she's gonna be a pig loaded up with pairs of 32s or JSOWs. I remember there being some disappointing rack/era issue, suppose it doesn't matter.

Its great that we are getting a more complex implementation of JDAMs. Looks like you guys have put a lot of work into the flight model/PN, I expected terminal trajectories to be a "later in early access thing" :music_whistling:

JDAM salvos will be fun. I'm interested to see how sequences are programmed (also grateful for recently announced higher resolution headsets)

So HARM dev goes to tpod, A/A radar guy in his own personal hell for a while yet, I'm guessing JDAM dev goes to SLAM/JSOW next since its the same interface?

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

I'm very happy with the addition of the JDAMs!

Anyone know if in this first stage we'll have condition to launch more then 1 bombs, like designate 2 or more PP? Like set PP1 for Bomb 1, PP2 for Bomb 2 and etc?

It would be awesome!

Thanks ED!

It was asked on youtube, the answer is yes. Video from Wags potentially forthcoming.

Yes, and GBU-32 later in early access.

Wags, because there is no TGP, JDAM TOO mode is difficult to use, so will there be only PP mode in the beginning? PP mode also depends on data card. So the TDC load will be updated with JDAM at the same time?

Its so great that we will have JDAMs next week. Fantastic work, ED! Thats why Hornet is my favorite aircraft. It is just best in everything. I just want to ask, when we get TGP, will be abble to use it with JDAMs? Is there a JDAM mode which requires TGP? Thanks again!

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

It's said in the Video.

TGP is useful in TOO but not required

So I аm just curious, how JDAM designate a target without TGP? If there are a group of targets - tanks, APC, etc.... Which target will hit?

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

So I аm just curious, how JDAM designate a target without TGP? If there are a group of targets - tanks, APC, etc.... Which target will hit?
Unless you have accurate coordinates and the target doesn't move, I doubt you'll be hitting tanks with these until we have a tgp.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk