F/A 18 list of unimplemented features?

derammo

It's on the link above:

Following the early access release (in progress)

Sensors:

-A/A radar with LTWS (in progress) , TWS (in progress), SCAN RAID, AZ/EL

-A/G radar reder technology (in progress) with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA

-further JHMCS features (in progress)

-NVGs

-Improved IFF (in progress)

Weapons:

-AGM-45A/B Shrike

-AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon

-AGM-84E SLAM

-AGM-84H SLAM-ER

-AGM-88C HARM (PB Modes)

-AGM-154A JSOW (in progress)

-AGM-154C JSOW (in progress)

-AIM-7P Sparrow

-GBU-24B/B Paveway III (in progress)

-GBU-38 JDAM (in progress)

-GBU-31 JDAM (in progress)

-GBU-32 JDAM (in progress)

-Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine

-Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine

-Mk-77 Fire Bomb

-Walleye I ER/DL

-Walleye II ER/DL

--Pods

-AN/AAQ-28 Litening targeting pod Integration (in progress)

-AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod (in progress) with new FLIR radar technology (in progress)

-AWW-13 Datalink Pod

--Decoys:

-ADM-141 TALD

-GEN-X

That list is very useful, however, they don't list all of the missing functions on DDI pages, or aspects that are bugged, so it is still very difficult for users to know what is missing/bugged/reported previously etc.

I had another thread going on the same subject.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That list is very useful, however, they don't list all of the missing functions on DDI pages, or aspects that are bugged, so it is still very difficult for users to know what is missing/bugged/reported previously etc.

I had another thread going on the same subject.

The truth is, there is no single list of features that are still to be implemented. Without going through the NATOPs manuals in detail, which is entirely up to you, you’ll never have a true idea of what’s still to come.

Use the ED provided list as a basis, look at non functional DDI options we have now etc and follow Wags updates. And maybe read the NATOPs, it’s full of useful stuff, albeit non weapons mostly.

The truth is, there is no single list of features that are still to be implemented. Without going through the NATOPs manuals in detail, which is entirely up to you, you’ll never have a true idea of what’s still to come.

Use the ED provided list as a basis, look at non functional DDI options we have now etc and follow Wags updates. And maybe read the NATOPs, it’s full of useful stuff, albeit non weapons mostly.

I'm sure that's all true, but it doesn't alter the fact that a list would be useful. The manual you mentioned doesn't say which DCS features are bugged, not modelled, never going to be modelled, etc. - obviously!

As an aside, I believe it's against forum rules - so I have been warned about previously - to mention that manual here.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm sure that's all true, but it doesn't alter the fact that a list would be useful. The manual you mentioned doesn't say which DCS features are bugged, not modelled, never going to be modelled, etc. - obviously!

As an aside, I believe it's against forum rules - so I have been warned about previously - to mention that manual here.

+1...I have spent a lot of frustrating time trying to get things to work that as you say ' are bugged, not modelled, never going to be modelled, etc.'

on that note, do communications after take off work for you?

Ground comms are working, but as soon as I take off, nobody wants to talk to me any more :). It is also possible that I am doing it wrong, because I haven't learned Radio operations yet. But it would be helpful to know if it works at all before I try and beat my head against the canopy.

on that note, do communications after take off work for you?

Ground comms are working, but as soon as I take off, nobody wants to talk to me any more :). It is also possible that I am doing it wrong, because I haven't learned Radio operations yet. But it would be helpful to know if it works at all before I try and beat my head against the canopy.

Which command below are you using and are you using the corresponding comm 1 or 2 in your plane?

The third command is not for airborne use, only to contact the ground crew.

"RAlt - \ " COMM Switch - COMM 1 "RCtrl - \ " COMM Switch - COMM 2

\ Communication menu

Edited by fitness88

Additionally to post #9...

With each DCS update couldn't there also be on the same page a corresponding bug/wip/not yet implemented...etc. list that gets updated and very important the list is also kept in the same place all the time. Too many lists by too many well meaning individuals that are out of date all over the forums.

Which command below are you using and are you using the corresponding comm 1 or 2 in your plane?

The third command is not for airborne use, only to contact the ground crew.

"RAlt - \ " COMM Switch - COMM 1 "RCtrl - \ " COMM Switch - COMM 2

\ Communication menu

Yup, that's the part I had not learned yet :). I assume it will just work when I start using COMM1 explicitly instead of just hitting '\'.

Thanks.