Interrogating bogeys

Direwolf

I´m a little confused about interrogation method, on radar page. That´s because everytime I depress TDC on a contact on the radar, with the intention of interrogate it, i got a lock on the contact, and every video I saw (Matt, Spudnocker), this does not happen.

How to interrogate, without getting a lock?

I´m a little confused about interrogation method, on radar page. That´s because everytime I depress TDC on a contact on the radar, with the intention of interrogate it, i got a lock on the contact, and every video I saw (Matt, Spudnocker), this does not happen.

How to interrogate, without getting a lock?

You have to assign a new key binding for this - SensorSelectSwitch depress (or something like that), it's not the TDC depress button for the manual IFF interrogation.

Edit: :gun_sniper: by gekoiq :lol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Can someone explain how this works? I press the SensorSelect switch and can't see that it does anything!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Below your keypad 1-9 in front of you need to turn on the D/L function

AND you need to turn on IFF that is 3 buttons to the left of the D/L function.

Now look on your right tv screen and select it to be your radar.

Make sure you have the small "diamond" in the top right corner so its "SOI" sensor of interst.

Now in the right bottom of the radar screen press the lowest button ( cant remember what its called but watch wags tutorial and you can see how its done..

Mostly you can ID friend/foe from far away and see them as enemy on screen, but you first get a aircraft type name when you get withing 25nm if you aproach in an angle that let the radar analyze the "jet fans"

Below your keypad 1-9 in front of you need to turn on the D/L function

Now look on your right tv screen and select it to be your radar.

Make sure you have the small "diamond" in the top right corner so its "SOI" sensor of interst.

Now in the right bottom of the radar screen press the lowest button ( cant remember what its called but watch wags tutorial and you can see how its done..

Mostly you can ID friend/foe from far away and see them as enemy on screen, but you first get a aircraft type name when you get withing 25nm if you aproach in an angle that let the radar analyze the "jet fans"

Thanks for that, but I still can't see what it's doing. Which Wags' video shows this?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks for that, but I still can't see what it's doing. Which Wags' video shows this?

Also, the IFF result is not shown on radar page but on SA page.

So, set your MFCD (the middle display) to SA and there you see the result of IFF interrogation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...but you first get a aircraft type name when you get withing 25nm if you aproach in an angle that let the radar analyze the "jet fans"

That has nothing to do with the manual IFF interrogation.

This is the NCTR function - your radar is identifying the type of the target by it's "jet fans finger print". Is is a Mig-29, an An-50, F-16.....

If you have for example your SA page on the left DDi and the Radar on the right DDI, you put your TDC on the Radar page over a target and press the SSS-depress key, this will start a manual IFF interrogation of that radar return and you can see on the SA page if it's friend or foe instead of unknown. I did a short test video(should be 1440p shortly):

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

All good guys, thanks. What do the numbers on the SA mean once the aircraft has been identified?

All good guys, thanks. What do the numbers on the SA mean once the aircraft has been identified?

At SA cursor - Mach and Altitude (FL) i.e. 0.7 | | 25 = Mach 0.7 @ 25,000 ft

Bottom RH corner of the SA page

Friendly
ID ..................... E3
OD086 / 12.4 ........... Callsign / fuel state i.e OD=OverlorD flt No. 086 / 12,400 lbs fuel
BRA 045 / 10 ........... BRA 45°T for 10 NM
BE 090 / 30 ............ with respect to BullseyE - 90°T for 30 NM
(BE line is blank if no A/A BE waypoint has been set)

Hostile/unknown
ID, possibly blank ............... SU27, UKN, possibly blank
Ground Speed / Heading ........... 602 / 142 = 602 Knots / Heading 142°
(Ground Speed / Heading is usually out of date, lets you know what was happening ~20s prior)
BRA 045 / 10 ..................... BRA 45°T for 10 NM
BE 090 / 30 ...................... with respect to BullseyE - 90°T for 30 NM

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Is this only in the beta DCS or has it gone into the release version?

This interrogation method seems a bit long winded, but I suppose it's true to the real Hornet?:(

In the Mirage 2000 Charlie, we can interrogate all RWS contacts at one go with a single keypress. If the contacts have "nails on" ( reference to the similarity with ladies fingernails) then they are returning friendly IFF. The IFF code can also be entered for our own identity. :thumbup:

Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Is this only in the beta DCS or has it gone into the release version?

Just in Open Beta - there are some bugs to fix, as well as features to add.

This interrogation method seems a bit long winded, but I suppose it's true to the real Hornet?:(

There are more features to come, AFAIK there's an IFF auto-mode plus the radar tracks/bricks will inherit some HAFU symbols.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

At SA cursor - Mach and Altitude (FL) i.e. 0.7 | | 25 = Mach 0.7 @ 25,000 ft

Bottom RH corner of the SA page

Friendly
ID ..................... E3
OD086 / 12.4 ........... Callsign / fuel state i.e OD=OverlorD flt No. 086 / 12,400 lbs fuel
BRA 045 / 10 ........... BRA 45°T for 10 NM
BE 090 / 30 ............ with respect to BullseyE - 90°T for 30 NM

Hostile/unknown
ID, possibly blank ............... SU27, UKN, possibly blank
Ground Speed / Heading ........... 602 / 142 = 602 Knots / Heading 142°
(Ground Speed / Heading is usually out of date, lets you know what was happening ~20s prior)
BRA 045 / 10 ..................... BRA 45°T for 10 NM
BE 090 / 30 ...................... with respect to BullseyE - 90°T for 30 NM

Really helpful, but I was referring to the number attached to the symbols on the main display as per attached.

Also, as can be seen on attached, it is impossible to read the numbers you were referring to!

Thanks for that.

And the inability to see the info on the bottom right? Just put it down to EA bug? Has it been reported?

And the inability to see the info on the bottom right? Just put it down to EA bug? Has it been reported?

It's the Warning Advisory on the LH DDI and is said to be realistic, hence why the SA should be on the MPCD and the Radar on the RH DDI.

Thanks for that.

If you press the correct OSB button to "STOP" the bit testing on the right DDI before takeoff, that line which interferes with the information on the left DDI is no longer there due to the ADV/BIT warning being removed.

Cheers

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

If you press the correct OSB button to "STOP" the bit testing on the right DDI before takeoff, that line which interferes with the information on the left DDI is no longer there due to the ADV/BIT warning being removed.

Cheers

Thanks, but that is not the case. The 'ADV -' still remains after switching off the BIT warnings and continues to block the data from being visible.

The answer is as Ramsay said above, and that is not to put the SA on the left DDI.

I have been trying ID for a week now and can not figure what I am doing wrong.

RDR R DDI diamond showing

AMPCD too SA

D/L , ON displays

NCTR select

RDR cursor over tgt

Press Sensor Depress

Sensor select dwn

Do I need to be holding ( sensor depress while selecting sensor aft ) ?

When select sensor aft the diamond allways move to the AMPCD display.

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

If I understand you correctly, it's TDC Depress you want to use, not Sensor Select Down.

I have been trying ID for a week now and can not figure what I am doing wrong.

RDR R DDI diamond showing

AMPCD too SA

D/L , ON displays

NCTR select

RDR cursor over tgt

Press Sensor Depress

Sensor select dwn

Do I need to be holding ( sensor depress while selecting sensor aft ) ?

When select sensor aft the diamond allways move to the AMPCD display.

You need to turn IFF on via the UFC. It's a new step that wasn't in Wags' video. NCTR has nothing to do with IFF BTW - for that you need to lock (STT) the target.

Thank you, even after watching some videos on this was still confused. Until cleared up I had missed the blithering obvious, mistaking TDC depress for Sensor depress.

How is it the link with an AWACS is to function? As I have a mission setup with AWACS in it, I can communicate with him and get a picture, but nothing changes on the SA. Yet, in WAG's video he had it setup so if radar was silenced, it would update and identify targets. I can't seem to replicate this, does some extra steps need to be taken in ME for this?

Thank you, even after watching some videos on this was still confused. Until cleared up I had missed the blithering obvious, mistaking TDC depress for Sensor depress.

Glad you got it sorted!