Trim to hold position

DeepDrummer

Get the nose to where you want it to go and trim to hold it there.

I just learned that if you trim to move the nose, you will always have to trim back again and this can result in see sawing and constant trimming.

Man, I just had an amazing flight in the latest beta release. Nice in all respects from here!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Yes. That is the way to use the trim.

The idea is you set the attitude (nose position) you want by using the normal joystick control, and then use the trim to remove any force you are using.

You should then be able to go 'hands off"and the aircraft will maintain that attitude.

It is a bit hard in the Spitfire as it has neutral stability and does not return to the trimmed attitude if displaced.

That is one of the delights in flying the Spitfire - it tends to go where you point it regardless of any speed change.