lack of Community A4 Scooter in MP

JABO2009

again: what is the "IC issue"?

you can join IC protected servers with the a4 (correctly) installed. (including the big names Blueflag and so on, doing it regulary)

if you get booted from a server, click on the red shield in the lobby, make a Screenshot and send it to me, se we can have a look

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

you can join IC protected servers with the a4 (correctly) installed. (including the big names Blueflag and so on, doing it regulary)

if you get booted from a server, click on the red shield in the lobby, make a Screenshot and send it to me, se we can have a look

If the A-4 is used in a multiplayer server, then anyone without the mod cannot join. That's the IC issue. The big public servers just aren't going to add it as long as that's true.

that is NOT an Integrity Check issue.

That is a totaly normal behavior since without the Mod DCS cant show you the a4 when other players use it

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

It's a shame cause it's such a fun little jet and actually very competitive in a dogfight. The A-4 would be perfect in the Cold War server but alas, everything pointed out above.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Thanks i'll Check next time i've enabled the Mod

And i didn't mean the issue that all need to have the Mod installed prior to joining a Server, i really meant i get a Red ic Symbol in my dcs mp Screen...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

It's a shame cause it's such a fun little jet and actually very competitive in a dogfight. The A-4 would be perfect in the Cold War server but alas, everything pointed out above.

absolutely , its a shame , some servers dont host this.. write the A4 Mod download link in the server description and people will download and join :thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Figured I'd drop in to respond to a few concerns and questions.

First, the issue with IC has been more or less resolved. The issue with requiring the mod to join an MP server is entirely based on the way DCS, or any multiplayer game for that matter, manages server/client connection. This is true for any mod, and would also be true for completed 3rd Party aircraft if ED didn't make their external/AI elements part of the base DCS install.

Related to this, we have no plans to pursue adoption into the base install of DCS. This is due to a wide number of issues, ranging from licencing to quality assurance. We have not spoken with ED directly but are aware of most of the requirements for adoption into DCS. This is not something anyone should be critical of ED for, as these requirements are necessary business-wise and for the end user's best experience. I would personally make the exact same stipulations myself if I were in their shoes.

Lastly, we highly appreciate everyone's enthusiast for our mod, and while it pains me to say that we can't solve this issue for all of you, we do appreciate your concern and interest. I would definitely encourage everyone interested in flying the A-4E-C in multiplayer to consider joining a virtual squadron which flies it. I know there are many out there who do.

Hope these answer help and sorry again that there are issues with finding good servers!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

that is NOT an Integrity Check issue.

That is a totaly normal behavior since without the Mod DCS cant show you the a4 when other players use it

People seem to be missing the issue, if I'm not mistaken. The IC issue is serverside, not YOUR side, and it's not ''an issue'' anyway. You can have the mod on your end, no problem.

HOWEVER, in order to use the A4 in a mission, the server has to disable Integrity Check. Why? Because anything that modifies aircraft or weapons (the A4 obviously does both) will trigger a rejection if it's enabled (this is the whole point of IC, to prevent data modifications and cheating like adding weapons or changing values). Therefore, they have to disable IC. This is a problem. Why? Because then the server is open to cheaters and script kiddies.

On a closed server or trusted friends it's not a problem. On a open to public server? It's a literal welcome mat to dickheads and hackers.

Not sure why nobody has answered you yet but there it is.

-edit

Ninja'd by dev, from what he said my statements may not be accurate, but probably are.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

checked - looks like this:

picture.php?albumid=1499&pictureid=10745

Hi dFlow,

If you still have those files (ld_0.edm and ld_1.edm) in your A-4 installation then one of two possibilities are true:

1) You are running an old version of the A-4E. This specific ic issue was fixed two releases ago. You’ll know that you’re running an older version if your cockpit gauge lighting are still white. Please do an upgrade as you’re missing out on a large number of new features and systems.

2) Your upgrade process was performed incorrectly. Updates to the A-4 require deleting the currently installed A-4E folder and placing the fresh copy in its place. This is the only way for us to delete old files that are no longer required/causing problems. Please delete your current folder and replace it with the latest v1.3 install.

Please let me know if you have other issues with the module.

Tested the mentioned possibilities, it seems Like You Said: i must have Had it copied over the old Version. Deleting it and copying it freshly worked perfectly!

Thanks a lot, great help!!

So for me there is no reason to Not have it enabled all the time anymore

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png