DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

Butcher Bird! Thank you ED!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I have every single aircraft that ED has put out from the very first LoMac to all the maps of today and even the Yak 52. I've got almost 100 hours in the Hornet. There are a few aircraft that I've bought twice as well as the A-10C that I bought and gave to my son-in-law.

I am just asking questions that will be coming down the line from other prospective customers.

As for the Honda reference to the 190, the difference between the two isn't different "cars" but the same car with a different engine and bucket seats versus a bench seat. Different options.

Not that it matters to me. I will probably get the A-8 anyway. Just to help support ED.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Just a small caveat, "Würger" should actually be translated to "Shrike", not "Strike". Just sayin'.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Another FW190 ? why ?

It would be much great if that was a Stuka or IL-2, I would like to see an ww2 attacker airplane in DCS, we already have those ww2 tanks as target. Please !

Think Normandy. The FW 190D or Bf 109K did not see any action over Normandy. The FW 190 A8 fits perfectly. I hope more contemporary aircraft will follow, although those promised AI units would also help a lot to bring some variation to that theatre.

As for the Honda reference to the 190, the difference between the two isn't different "cars" but the same car with a different engine and bucket seats versus a bench seat. Different options.

Well, not quite, IMHO. That would have been the case if it was some D sub-variant (e.g. a stronger engine, different armor and weapons fit, etc.).

This is more like some car compared to an 4x4 RV version of it (modified body, different engine, raised suspension) where it roughly belongs to the same family, but is in fact quite different to drive. So, here you need a new 3D model, new textures, sounds, significantly modified FM, etc.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Excellent news regarding the FW 190 A-8 but was it not better to finisch the P47 and the me 262 schwalbe before ? these birds were decided to be done first ( If remember well this was settled in late 2014).

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

From the sounds of it they were having trouble finding wind tunnel and flight test data for the Thunderbolt and are having to resort to other methods of finding this data for the FM. My guess from the newsletter would be that they are doing some CFD work. Not sure if they have made FMs this way before, but if its a new approach it obviously takes a bit more time/effort.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Excellent news regarding the FW 190 A-8 but was it not better to finisch the P47 and the me 262 schwalbe before ? these birds were decided to be done first ( If remember well this was settled in late 2014).

-My opinion is the me 262 would be much more complicated to simulate because of the high subsonic mach numbers involved .Multiple engine also more complicated to simulate.

-Harder to find info on P47.

- A8 and D9 have similar wing or identical if i remember correctly and that also helps .

-Also maybe some work was done on the A8 back when they were investigating a possible opponent to the p51.

This is just speculation and should be taken with a grain of salt .

Edited by otto

-My opinion is the me 262 would be much more complicated to simulate because of the high subsonic mach numbers involved .

This might be applicable for the 'other sim' but I would think that DCS, having plenty of modern Supersonic and even the Korean war era jets already simulated would have to mean that the framework for something like this should already be in place.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

So the A8 does have better characteristics for Low to mid altitudes? or is it just overall inferior to the FW D9? even at those altitudes? given the D9 has a more powerfull engine anyways.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The 190 in DCS shouldn't sound like that.... That A/C has a russian Ash 82 engine... Only one in the world with a BMW 801 and its an A-3 I think.

9./JG27

• ED Team
Version of the A8 please?

Basic A8

A8-R2 with outer 30mm cannons

A8-R4 with GMI injection

A8-R8 with extra armour ( sturmbocke )

Basic A8

1721318905_Fw-190A-82.2FJG54.jpg.fd3ac5a73748b83d83df85d5a9079f31.jpg

2018-10-07_00-41-02.png.33e7b595ba8d99ab78c313836fd4f12b.png

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Thanks Silver, so 4x 20mm cannons on the wings, 2x 13mm machine guns on the nose and ventral pylon for extra fuel tank, or 250SC-500SC bomb.

Yes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Nice surprise! I love those radial butcher birds. Question: Why is the dash white? Placeholder? I have never seen that before....

Не понял вопроса

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Excellent news regarding the FW 190 A-8.

I am also curious about what to expect regarding the loadout.

As SilverDragon reported from the Russian Forum.

The last bit states there'll be a centre-line pylon under the fuselage. But what will be on it?

4xSC50? SC250? SD2-butterfly-bombs? Drop-tank? SC500? Torpedo?!

The only ordnance on an A-8 I've found so far are Wurfgranate 21cm rockets under the wings. I wonder if we'll get those at all?

Пилон есть. Будет все, если вы захотите. Ведь это не только внешний вид другой, но и кабину менять надо.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Thanks for bringing the A version of my favorite war-bird!

As the A8 version of the Fw190 series had a lot of different armament and "armor" options, can we expect to see some of them, considering that additional armor platting around the cockpit would alter it's looks.

Очень просите ЕД и все будет!))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]