DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the time passed since the last beta patch release, I feel they should have released the open beta branch today and that 3rd party would have waited for the next open beta upgrade window.

Certainly better than no updates for yet another week.

Hint: Maybe they can still do this on Friday and the late 3rd party can still work till Wednesday?

Exactly my thoughts when i readed the message

If it's a very popular module like the F-14 I can see it causing a lot of heartburn to those wanting to fly online with others in the new branch. Also some of the maps becoming unplayable because the module is no longer compatible.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If it's a very popular module like the F-14 I can see it causing a lot of heartburn to those wanting to fly online with others in the new branch. Also some of the maps becoming unplayable because the module is no longer compatible.

Could be, but they'd still have the option of playing on stable branch servers.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

let's be real

do they?

All the good multiplayer servers are on beta, pretty much anyone interested in DCS is on OB...

...this said, I don't think it's the F-14, because HB has a track record of jumping on issues earlier than ED can, but I hope whoever it is comes out with a "sorry" at least, after we get the patch.

...this said, I don't think it's the F-14, because HB has a track record of jumping on issues earlier than ED can, but I hope whoever it is comes out with a "sorry" at least, after we get the patch.

I wasn't speculating on which module it is, it's not really important, 'could be' was aimed at people complaining about not being able to fly their module as a reason behind ED's decision to postpone the update again.

The point I was aiming at is that it wouldn't be the first time that some module is out of sync with the latest beta (IIRC, cockpit lighting issues?), so I'd prefer they release the update sooner rather than later and the last 3rd party can sync on whenever they're ready.

That way, most of the users win and ED can begin getting more error feedback on the new VR optimizations.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I also think they should release the patch on Friday with or without the 3rd party, this way they can take their time and write their code. Holding everything up for a 3rd party is well.....

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I wasn't speculating on which module it is, it's not really important, 'could be' was aimed at people complaining about not being able to fly their module as a reason behind ED's decision to postpone the update again.

The point I was aiming at is that it wouldn't be the first time that some module is out of sync with the latest beta (IIRC, cockpit lighting issues?), so I'd prefer they release the update sooner rather than later and the last 3rd party can sync on whenever they're ready.

That way, most of the users win and ED can begin getting more error feedback on the new VR optimizations.

cockpit lighting =/= unable to use a module, though. That doesn't happen often.

DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

To release 2.5.5 today would mean their module would not function within DCS World. We very much hope to see this resolved next week

thanks for the update.

a difficult decision to be sure, but it’s the right call given the situation

I don't bother much with the usual updates, but 2.5.5 is the VR improvement patch and we have been waiting for this forever!

New VR Simpit: Intel 10700K, MSI Seahawk X 1080Ti (waiting for 3080Ti or 3090), 32 GB 3600MHz RAM, HP Reverb, TM Warthog

Old VR Simpit: Intel 4790K, Asus Matrix 780Ti, 16GB RAM, HTC Vive

I don't bother much with the usual updates, but 2.5.5 is the VR improvement patch and we have been waiting for this forever!

It's just 6 days away now !!!!!! :thumbup:

People who are asking for release it tomorrow, maybe would cry if they do it, because they think it's another module that needs update, but maybe it's their favorite module ... :lol:

So another few days shouldn’t be a big deal. Potentially breaking someone’s favourite aircraft really wouldn’t be cool.

I’m with ED for holding off until they’re happy with the test results.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Which is the purpose of the stable branch then ? The update could have been released yesterday without that third party module, and include it the next week update.

This happened in the past and we choose if run the stable or the beta branch. Probably the delay isn't only due a third party and ED need to fix some things too.

Which is the purpose of the stable branch then ? The update could have been released yesterday without that third party module, and include it the next week update.

That is what the stable is for. Release the beta update at the scheduled time and anyone not finished with their project must wait! Ppl affected by the missing unit should reside to stable.

This is very true. For some reason I keep ignoring the fact we have 2 versions out there. Each with it's own purpose. With times like these, unless I am missing something, is good for this particular purpose. Test for the unknown with knowing there are some things still in WIP. If the OB was to come incomplete I could accept the disabled module. Another week wont bother me either. I have a working F-18 that I am still enjoying! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

And what of the user whose only module is that 3rd party a/c and has only the HD space to hold a single copy of DCS?

There is a huge amount of online the community that uses exclusively the Beta; are they supposed to re-edit all their missions to remove the affected aircraft? How are they supposed to know which one it is? How many hours would it take?

And what of the user whose only module is that 3rd party a/c and has only the HD space to hold a single copy of DCS?

There is a huge amount of online the community that uses exclusively the Beta; are they supposed to re-edit all their missions to remove the affected aircraft? How are they supposed to know which one it is? How many hours would it take?

Well, where's the problem exactly? It's called Open Beta for a reason, they don't have to update if the mentioned limitations of the latest Open Beta update would influence the missions they're running.

There's still a choice to be had here and nobody loses anything, let's not create a problem where there's none present.

Edited by Dudikoff

Nobody 'deserves' anything in a Beta.

It's for the Developers 'Beta' Tests.

The Devs should do what they want. Period.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download