Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1!

Disclaimer: I may be totally off and this is probably the wrong way to do it, but I got mine to work by overwriting the files in config/export with the config and lua files from LOVP then running LOVP from inside the folder it extracted to. BACKUP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

I added this line to your export in hopes of getting TouchBuddy to work as well as LoVP. UInfortunetly, when I do, TB works, but LoVP doesnt!? Any ideas?

Thanks for LoVP and any answers

dofile("./Config/Export/TouchBuddy_FC2_Export.lua")

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi:

I added this line to your export in hopes of getting TouchBuddy to work as well as LoVP. UInfortunetly, when I do, TB works, but LoVP doesnt!? Any ideas?

Thanks for LoVP and any answers

dofile("./Config/Export/TouchBuddy_FC2_Export.lua")

There is a Thread over at the TB website about TB and LOVP integration. I have not done it myself...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi: Zorlac made a combined dcript (found on page 4 of this thread) but it is not work

Hi: Zorlac made a combined dcript (found on page 4 of this thread) but it is not working with TB or LoVP. If anyone has a script combining LoVP and TB functionality in FC2 (standalone, not client/server), could you please post?

Thanks

Try this, and add this to the end of the standard export.lua

dofile("./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua")

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to be a pain guys, but here is the combined script that worked before FC2. Can someone more capable than I take a look and see if t can be updated as well.

I have had a go at making a new combined script for this, have also modified WKB's profile to incude a transparent TAB.

PM me and I will send you a copy to test.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LoVP is great software and the BS version is just epic! Now we can have navigation instruments in combat modes as well!

One question, though: what factor determines the update rate and resolution of the gauges? I took a look at export.lua and it seems that the data is sent after each frame so the rate there is very high. BSVP does some pretty neat smoothing, but the gauges still seem to have quite discrete steps between different values.

The software uses negligible CPU power and there's memory to spare, so would it be possible to adjust (or have a separate version with higher resolution) or would it be a lot of extra work to render? I have worked with physical gauges, but especially the navigation instruments are very complex to be recreated with servo based gauges and I would like to use VP gauges on a pretty big screen, making smooth operation important.

Again, amazing software, thanks. Does anyone know of anything similiar for Il-2 by the way?

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to use LOVP 1.3 on one machine with 2 monitors but it still says disconnected. What does the localhost and port have to be set at and where does it go?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

No need to worry about local host/port if on o e machine. Not at home, but if I remember correctly, you need to download the fc2 lua from page 1 put it in file according to instructions run lovp run fc2 run a mission

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hassata you were right. Now that I got LOVP to work, I am still trying to get Touchbuddy to work on one computer and two screens.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Just out of curiousity does VP support the maverick seeker screen too? Excuse my ignorance if this has been already discussed.

Nope, going to have to wait for DCSW to get that kind of functionality.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Sobe-you need a combined script PM Gigha-his works a treat.

I have had a go at making a new combined script for this, have also modified WKB's profile to incude a transparent TAB.

PM me and I will send you a copy to test.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

love it, awesome stuff, any aussies out there?

i dont have/want the touch screen cockpit but love the screens you create with touch buddy.

does Virtual Panel map the displays or only the gauges and if i want the displays do I have to do this through touch buddy even though i am only passive

edit...just realised the displays in virtual panel are just pictures?!? Any way of showing the actual panels?

Edited by Mr_Burns

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Theres some good TB profiles using transparency on their site for the earlier versions of Virtual panel that let you see the gauges with the buttons around them.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 3 weeks later...

actually.. I am wondering if this will only work with Soviet aircraft FM or just the pit.. In FC 1.12, I use the SU-27 in my F-15 because I like the Soviet style gauges and cockpit for the L-39 mod that we fly for our Aerobatic Team..

Is the soviet aircrafts flight model directly corrilated with the use of these gauges?

I am hoping its not.. but if it is.. then when do you project the Western Fighters in Lomac will be able to use this ?

and lastley.. Is there any way to copy gauges from the BSVP to the LOMAC version?