Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1!

Thx a lot Ratcatcher.:smilewink: :smilewink: SO as far as I understood, you did get the same error message and what you did was to put the original export.lua file back within Ubisoft/Lock On/Config/Export. So you will have in that subfolder, let´s say, the original export.lua file but the VP config.lua file, is that right???

So you run VP, you move VP window to the second screen and you run LOMAC in main screen. Right?

Ok, fortunately I made a copy of the originals config and export lua files.

I will try that as soon as I get home today.

Thx a lot for your help Ratcatcher. I apreciate a lot.

If anyone else has anything to say for helping, please, DO NOT HESITATE :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruz de San Andres

First learn to fly. Then learn to fight.

[sIGPIC]www.cruzdesanandres.com[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mistral, no probs for helping. I was in the same boat as you, and I know how frustrating it is.

On what you've done, not sure if your doing the config bit right.

In your lockon/config/export dir you should have two files the export.lua and the config.lua. Both these should have been copied across from the VP download, overwriting your existing ones. ( Backup your originals ).

The only extra file I have in there now is the touch buddy one ( touchbuddy-exort.lua ).

Good luck.

• Like 1

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Hi Mistral, no probs for helping. I was in the same boat as you, and I know how frustrating it is.

On what you've done, not sure if your doing the config bit right.

In your lockon/config/export dir you should have two files the export.lua and the config.lua. Both these should have been copied across from the VP download, overwriting your existing ones. ( Backup your originals ).

The only extra file I have in there now is the touch buddy one ( touchbuddy-exort.lua ).

Good luck.

Ok lets see. Yeap, initially, I copied across the two files from the VP download compressed file, overwriting the existing ones and backuping them before.

Now what you told me is to put the export.lua file back (the original one, not the downloaded one) within the subfolder Ubisoft/Lock On/Config/Export, run VP, move it to the secondary screen and then run lomac. Right? Just to be sure about your instructions.

Thx a lot.

Cruz de San Andres

First learn to fly. Then learn to fight.

[sIGPIC]www.cruzdesanandres.com[/sIGPIC]

Good to hear.

Quick question for Mnemonic.... are you still working on the photo realistic instruments ? the one you posted looked stunning!

cheers

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Many thanks to all! :)

I'm very glad that you find my util useful!

Thanks all of you guys for technical support, I'm very busy last time so, sorry, can't answer quickly...

About textures, I give my work with textures and also many photo materials to one experiensed guy, so I hope they will be soon.

About any other upgrades, sorry I have many "surprises" this summer, among them - I changed my job.

I think that I return to work with LOVP when my second breathe would be opened, you know what I mean )

P.S. Guys, I with you, I still with community. But busy all the time. As soon as I can, I will make further upgrades.

Thank you.

Man, please read thread from begining )... This stuff developed for running in 1 PC with 2 screens, without loosing FPS in LockOn. (As feature, you also can run this on 2 PC's)

thanks for the help.

honestly lol.

[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey Mnemonic, its been awhile since we spoke last, life gets crazy sometimes and we can all appreciate that.

i am just about to setup my flight sim again, currently going thru configuring things such as this lovp, TB etc, one thing at a time.

look forward to your next release, US gauges is what i need :D

good luck sorting out your hectic life:thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Good morning.

I am using TouchBuddy in Client/Server Mode utilising RuggButts F15C profile with an additional transparent window so that LOVP can be displayed.

My Client PC is "trusted" by my Firewall.

In my Eagle Dynamics/Lock On/Config/export directory I have 3 files :

config.lua (set to true)

export.lua (from the LOVP download - "localhost" substituted for the IP address of my client PC on my LAN. At the bottom of this file I have added - dofile("./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua")

tbvp-export.lua (not modified in anyway)

I have also amended my touchbuddy.cfg file to point to where the touchbuddy-export.dat file is in the Lock On directory.

I launch TouchBuddy (Server Mode), then Lock On from my gaming PC. On my Client PC I launch TouchBuddy (Client Mode), and then LOVP.

When I fly the F15 mission from the load up screen, the TEWS screen starts to update straight away. The weapons loadout also displays.

Througout all this. LOVP remains "Disconnected", no movement in the gauges.

I have tried other combinations of aircraft with the same results - LOVP displays "Disconnected"

My Temp/Error file shows the following:

LuaExport::LuaExportStart: connection refused

LuaExport::LuaExportAfterNextFrame: ./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua:130: attempt to index global `c' (a nil value)

LuaExport::LuaExportAfterNextFrame: ./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua:130: attempt to index global `c' (a nil value)

This repeats ad-infinum until

LuaExport::LuaExportStop: ./Config/export/tbvp-export.lua:135: attempt to index global `c' (a nil value)

Does anyone know what the problem is please? Obviously LuaExportStart refuses the connection but how come TouchBuddy is getting the data (via the tbvp-export.lua) but LOVP doesn't?

Thanks very much. S!

I was able to get LOVP running (using TB in client/server) utilising the tbvp-export.lua by putting a partial LAN IP address in the export.lua as follows:

dofile "lua.lua"

socket = require("socket")

host = host or "192.168.1."

port = port or 8080

Have posted this just in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first sorry for bad english, i'm french.

i have a little problem with LOVP.

It works very well but too "slowly". The ADI is moving by "jerk" seems like little lags.

Is it possible to make it move in "reel time" or have I a config problem ? What can i do ?

my config :

- Asus striker extrem, intel core2duo E6850, ram 3Go, hdd 2 sata II raid0, 8800GTX.

Thanks in advance

Lib

LOVP is great !!!

Anyway i have some troubles. Building my Su25 simpit i use IOcards and LoIOCP interface protocol. This one use in export.lua port adress 10312 and LOVP use the 8080 one. The socket seems to be different too.

Have you any issue which could make work both programs ?

LoIOCP export file :

function LuaExportStart()

dofile "lua.lua"

socket = require("socket")

host = "127.0.0.1"

port = 10312

csock = socket.try(socket.connect(host, port)) -- connect to the listener socket

csock:setoption("tcp-nodelay",true) -- set immediate transmission mode

local file = io.open("c:/pit_info.log", "w")

-- Si fichier creer

if file then

-- Rediriger les entree/sortie sur le fichier

io.output(file)

end

• 6 months later...
does anyone know this ?

This looks like a TouchBuddy profile with a transparent panel that works with Virtual Panel. You need a secondary touchscreen monitor for TouchBuddy. You can find more info about TouchBuddy here:

http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

You need to load the TouchBuddy profile written by "DickDastardly" and use it with Lock On Virtual Panel. That profile and more details can be found in post#106 on p.11.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=318289&postcount=106

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To prevent cheating, servers turn off .lua export. This panel needs lua export to work and thus won't work online.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices