Release of new Virtual Panel v.1.2.1!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mnemonic!

Very nice work. Lots of instruments now!

Did you ever think of creating a realistic looking background for all the displays?

I mean that the whole thing looks like beeing fully integrated in a cockpit.

Maybe even a selectable backgoround for each jet - MIG, A10, F15 etc.

Did you ever see RUGGBUTS F15 and A10 touchbuddy profiles?

Keep up the good work!

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi!

Thanks! :)

Yes, I see this great profiles!

But creating of photorealistic background would lock the positions and scales of gauges. I want that each user can create his own gauges-desktop.

But I think about adding some photorealistic art! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest quash77

First off just let me say Mnemonic, your work is just awsome!

Are you still working on the western gauges?

I have been building a cockpit project for the last three years

and adding an lcd panel with the western gauges would kick but.

Please keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nobrot

Sorry to ask, I have checked the forums, but I cant seem to get the VP to connect. I extract it, copy the export and config.lua files to the lockon directory as noted in the read me, start the vp, move it to my second monitor, start LOMAC, select random mission and the VP doenst connect

I expect i am missing something abvious, but for the life of me I cant see how I could mess up such easy instructions... anyone any ideas what I may be missing?

Same PC, 2 x monitors. I will move the VP to another PC when I get it working on the one PC first.

Thanks for any help

• 3 weeks later...

I do hope people are still reading this thread, cos I need some help too!

First off, absolutely fantastic work by both Mnemonic and Zorlac, Gentlemen I salute you !

Now the problem. Unlike nobrot (great name ) I have installed vp onto my main computer and it runs fine, but I'm just plain confused with what I need to do to get it running on my second ( laptop ).

I don't understand the readme that talks about...

- For executing dashboard on another local computer, change next line (export.lua)

host = host or "localhost"

change "localhost" on IP of local computer

(port 8080 is used by default)

I thought it might mean change "localhost" to my main comp's IP ( which is running FC ) but when I try and launch VP it goes crazy with loads of red illegal operation boxes coming up.

Could someone please explain what is needed to get this running? Many thanks.

Oh, and while asking loads of questions.... how do you put a custom background on?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Bump...anybody???...Bueller....Anybody ???

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

@Ratcatcher: Did you use your LOCAL IPs, I mean those the clients of your LAN are given?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hi JaBoG32_Laud, thanks for helping.

Ok, this is what I've done. My gaming IP is 192.168.0.136. The machine running VP is 192.168.0.2. Both local Ip's

I've tried using both ip's in the export.lua. ie

host = host or 192.168.0.2

host = host or 192.168.0.136.

But neither get a "connect"

I've simply replaced the original...

host = host or "localhost" with that local IP, is this correct?

I also opened my 8080 port. No joy.

Question - Would it be better to run this all on my main PC (which is dual core) with an additional monitor, or on my laptop

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Help needed

Hi all simmers :thumbup:

I have somethig to ask you, specially those who developed these amazing tools. I´ve been reading for hours this thread about Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy. And now I think I need your help. :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:I´m not sure about what I need and how to install it.:music_whistling::music_whistling:

As far as I understood the only thing I need (talking about hardware) is a PC and a couple of screens. About Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy I´m not sure. Are they two differents aplications? Is it only one aplication? Where to download it/they? (is it possible a link to download?) How to install it/them?? How to config it/them??? :cry::cry:

DickDastardly developed "something" to have several labels with Base Charts, Lomac Manual, etc:thumbup::thumbup:. Where can I get it? How to install it?

I know. I look like stupid or something similar:doh::doh:, but this huge thread made me mad and I thought It would be better if I ask for "EVERYTHING".

My main idea is to have Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy working together. So please, let me know how to do this.

Thnks a lot for your help and comprehension.:pilotfly::pilotfly::joystick::joystick:

Cruz de San Andres

First learn to fly. Then learn to fight.

[sIGPIC]www.cruzdesanandres.com[/sIGPIC]

Ratcatcher, I have a game pc and a second pc with virtual panel. I copied the export.lua and the config.lua in my Lockon\Config\export folder on the game pc. In the export.lua I replaced the "localhost" with the ip of computer, on which VP is running:

host = host or "192.168.1.102".

And also make sure that in the config.lua export is set to true:

EnableExportScript = true

And that should be it. Just make sure, that no firewall blocks vp.

Jason, VP has a slight inpact on the performance of your pc but with a dualcore cpu, this shouln't be an issue. So its probably just a question of what you prefer.

MIG-29_signatur.jpg

JaBoG32_Pjotr

Thanks for the help, I have tried that, so I'm stumped. I think it may be to do with my router, though have opened 8080, and even tried with all ports open. Restarted Router. Still no joy.

EDIT - Ha, I'm soooooo dumb, I'd left out the quote marks on the localhost bit. Thanks again mate, seeing yours finally made the penny drop.

Now I'm on a roll do you know how to change the background on the panel?

hmmmm, yeah I'd looked at the ini file but couldn't see anything obvious. Though the author did mention it's possible. Oh well, I'm happy for the moment.

Hi all simmers :thumbup:

I have somethig to ask you, specially those who developed these amazing tools. I´ve been reading for hours this thread about Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy. And now I think I need your help. :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:I´m not sure about what I need and how to install it.:music_whistling::music_whistling:

As far as I understood the only thing I need (talking about hardware) is a PC and a couple of screens. About Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy I´m not sure. Are they two differents aplications? Is it only one aplication? Where to download it/they? (is it possible a link to download?) How to install it/them?? How to config it/them??? :cry::cry:

DickDastardly developed "something" to have several labels with Base Charts, Lomac Manual, etc:thumbup::thumbup:. Where can I get it? How to install it?

I know. I look like stupid or something similar:doh::doh:, but this huge thread made me mad and I thought It would be better if I ask for "EVERYTHING".

My main idea is to have Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy working together. So please, let me know how to do this.

Thnks a lot for your help and comprehension.:pilotfly::pilotfly::joystick::joyst ick:

Cruz de San Andres

Hey Mistral

Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy are two different softwares. Virtual Panel can be used to display most instruments of your aircraft in Lockon on a second screen (“Output only”). Touch Buddy is used to enter commands to your aircraft via a graphical interface which is displayed on a second screen (“Input only”). The commands can be triggered either by clicking with your mouse, or in case you are using a touch screen, by tapping on in. Virtual Panel and Touch Buddy can somehow be combined and displayed on one screen, but I have no Idea how to do it and therefore I am using 2 screens for both programs.

Perhaps someone else can come up with some more information. I thought that there was a thread over at the Touch Buddy Forum describing how to combine both. But I cant find it at the moment.

MIG-29_signatur.jpg

Hey Mistral

Perhaps someone else can come up with some more information. I thought that there was a thread over at the Touch Buddy Forum describing how to combine both. But I cant find it at the moment.

Thx so much Pjotr. So as far as I understood, VP plus Touch Buddy, nowadays is not that usefull with LOMAC cause panels are not touchable, but will be amazing with Black Sharck, and it´s amazing with FALCON, isn´t it???

Again, thx a lot for your answer

Cruz de San Andres

Help. I get an error with LOVP 1.3

Hi my friends. This is what I´m doing wit LOVP 1.3

1.- I copy config and export files into Ubisoft/Lock On/Config/Export

2.- Windows Firewall deactivated.

3.- Put LOVP.exe in desktop.

4.- Click on LOVP.exe

And what I get is the screen with thousands of little windows with the message "Access Violation at adress 0046D90B in module LOVP.exe. Read of adress 00000000"

I get a lot of these windows with a high error noise and after a while everything finishes doing nothing.

Can anyone help me???

Thx a lot.

Is it necessary to start LOMAC before???

28461012_VPerror.thumb.JPG.66c64eb9f22152f992603cfcf13e7d62.JPG

Cruz de San Andres

Hi Mistral

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I'm now trying to remember what I did to get round it....:doh:

Firstly, you say about it not being useful in Lomac because of the touch button function not being in, well thats were touch buddy comes in. If you have a touch screen you can have controls setup on your touch screen. It works brilliant!

With your setup, are you using a separate monitor for virtual panel?

If you are, have you changed the "localhost" ip to your Lan one? ( see my post above for how not to do it !!!! ).

This is how I've done it

Main comp runs lockon.

Laptop runs touch body and virtual panel.

touch screen runs off laptop.

copied the two export files onto main comp into lockon/config/export folder. Opened export.lua in wordpad changed local host as below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

dofile "lua.lua"

socket = require("socket")

host = host or "192.168.0.2"

port = port or 8080

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(192.168.0.2 is my laptop IP.)

saved it, then made sure the config.lua had this...

-----------------------------------

EnableExportScript = true

-----------------------------------

I then run virtual panel on my laptop, then fire up lockon, on the virtual panel display you should see "disconnected" upper left of screen.

When you go into a mission that changes to connected, when you are actually in the plane.

That should be it, I haven't explained touch buddy ( for another day maybe ).

With regard to the error boxes, if they still happen try deleting the files and re copy them onto your second computer.

Hope this helps, and nice background btw :thumbup:

Hi Mistral

If your only using the one computer + second screen you wont have to do any of the editing of the export.lua.

Before trying my second computer running vp, I did try running vp on my main computer and dragging vp across to the second screen (laptop).

This worked fine, but I remember sometimes getting the error messages. I think I re copied the export.lua back into the game directory.

then started vp, then dragged it across to the second monitor, then started lockon.

good luck. I've found flying with VP much easier than the old way, even though I use trackir as well. Having the quick reference vp gives is a real bonus.