DCS F-14 Update: JESTER AI Behind the Scenes Recording & Multicrew

Cobra847

My experience is from a tank crew, perspective, but the suites are quite similar.

same here...especially with the "Teddyfell" :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Hell no! Those zippers that go all the way down can make things rather uncomfortable without some protective undergarment.

I've definitely removed chunks of skin just trying to get my phone out of my pockets on those zippers, you couldn't pay me to go commando in the bag!

I mean if P40 and P-38 pilots wore flannel shirts in Burma because of the heat then why not F-14 pilots :P hell i did my first solo and qualifying cross country in what can only be described as a rather flamboyant shirt lmao, the again that was a cessna not a 1000+ hp beast

• 1 month later...
It's not the lack of friends or such, it's the environment I have my PC in, it's too noisy here for voice coms, I've tried it and it don't work.

I had to compromise with the wife in where I could use my PC, she does not want me away locked up in another room and the only place I can sit my PC is beside the TV in the corner of the room.

So no online gaming for me... except when the wife is at work :)

I know this was posted a long time ago but I have just read it.

I had the opposite from my wife. I had to go abroad just before Christmas last year and when I got back as a present to me from my family they had the house attic converted into a large room with book shelves new PC desk new chair etc. So that I am out of the way from the rest of house.

I was really pleased and love this place. I have been abandoned, in my own house by my close loving family but that's a very small price to pay for what I have now :thumbup:

I know this was posted a long time ago but I have just read it.

I had the opposite from my wife. I had to go abroad just before Christmas last year and when I got back as a present to me from my family they had the house attic converted into a large room with book shelves new PC desk new chair etc. So that I am out of the way from the rest of house.

I was really pleased and love this place. I have been abandoned, in my own house by my close loving family but that's a very small price to pay for what I have now :thumbup:

The other part of the compromise was she helped me build a home cinema, which I do use for gaming too but not that often.

My wife painting the projection screen

hTxenu9.jpg

The rest of the pics here: https://imgur.com/a/nImHm

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
+1

While some of your opinion is correct, I would leave out the comparisons to sporting events and trash talk, it does not happen in a dogfight. Personally, I prefer the professional tone with maybe a touch of urgency in hairy situations. Personal preference is all. I would like to see the voices distorted a little to simulate the mask and radio interference rather than studio quality vocals as well. Just my lowly opinion. In the end it will be what it will be and we will adapt.

<Salute>

Looks like a great process to get a lot of variety in responses for Jester! I just hope those joyeous ejeculations ''Ohh Splash bandit, NICE'' don't make the cut or just happen really, really seldomly. I know, its just a tiny moment from many hours of recording, still this particular vibe of expressing an air-to-air kill sounds too bloodthirsty for my taste.

Not trying to belittle your hard work, just giving feedback about what i would feel fits or what might get annoying pretty quickly. Will we have like a 3 options checkbox letting us choose ''our'' particular type of Jester? Like option 1.) only proffesional and down to earth tone of speaking, 2.) a bit of fun put in the mix, 3.) joyous, crazy, exited 16year old Jester? :)

I hope you can incorporate this idea of having an option for tone of language to suit the different tastes of us users here. Something of 1, 2 or 3 in excitement levels. Preferences are always nice.

Thank you, Cobra and the rest of the Heatblur Team. It is really nice to see--and hear--the real people making these modules. I hope you'll share more behind-the-scenes info. I think it gets us in a happier mood when we see what you guys are working on and see your efforts. I know everyone here wants to get their hands on the most accurate and impressive F-14 possible, ASAP, and I think they want to help improve and perfect the module if there's any way they can. I sure do. But, for me, up until I saw this video, the people who make these modules has been a frustrating mystery...I've felt in the dark. It is so good to see and hear from you and see that you obviously really care about putting all you can into this module, and getting it right. I hope you will accept feedback from us about any problems or bugs (if any arise) and fix them quickly. Because, from my point of view, there has been a pattern amongst all modules of bugs being found and reported and seemingly never being fixed (waiting a year or more feels like never). I don't mind getting a product early and finding and reporting bugs. I don't think others do, either. What's tough is when the effort to report them seems to go no where, or not even noticed. As well, I don't know the proper procedure for reporting them...and no easy way to see what has already been reported. Please, at least try to let us know why they can't be fixed or can't be for so long. But I'll keep positive (because I don't intend to be negative at all). It sounds like for the F-14, here, you intend to release it as nearly bug free as possible. Thanks! It looks like it will be utterly awesome! I'm pre-purchased and waiting for the day.

Way late to the party here, but any chance of all the Jester calls being categorized and allowing a user to set filter options (e.g., do not announce any RWR spikes)?

Would be nice to have options in game to adjust on the fly, but a static Lua file that can be changed by user to set the filters would be more than satisfactory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This wont happen independently of DCS for sure. But you could use a second PC running DCS and control the RIO via apps once these are done for the tomcat.

I'm planning on doing this. Got a second acct ready to go for it, and will hopefully have the wife try out RIO a bit, and if she doesn't like it, will either use laptop or app on tablet to try and do some RIO things myself.

Hi -

This may be a cultural thing but ...

My background is ATC. I've spent a few hundred hours on flight decks and several in the back seat of an F-18 and riding as crew is helos.

The stuff one sees in movies about emotional outbursts, recriminations, second thoughts and all that emotive nonsense is just that, nonsense.

When you're in the heat of action, short, concise and accurate phraseology is key. standard wording, no fluff, keep it professional and get 'er done.

The cute words come in the after action retelling :)

(the extra words in the DCS JTAC drive me nuts!)

I hope Jester and all the other recordings end up being as realistic as possible. I think it would be nice for you to find some ex Navy guys who did this for real, rather than use actors.

Also, the voice quality of someone wearing a headset in a room is VERY different from what you hear from a guy in a mask on an intercom or radio. I hope you'll try and adapt your sound files to clip the frequencies and apply the appropriate effects to replicate the audio quality as best you can :)

Just my 2 cents' worth!

Looking forward to playing :)

Hi -

This may be a cultural thing but ...

My background is ATC. I've spent a few hundred hours on flight decks and several in the back seat of an F-18 and riding as crew is helos.

The stuff one sees in movies about emotional outbursts, recriminations, second thoughts and all that emotive nonsense is just that, nonsense.

When you're in the heat of action, short, concise and accurate phraseology is key. standard wording, no fluff, keep it professional and get 'er done.

The cute words come in the after action retelling :)

(the extra words in the DCS JTAC drive me nuts!)

I hope Jester and all the other recordings end up being as realistic as possible. I think it would be nice for you to find some ex Navy guys who did this for real, rather than use actors.

Also, the voice quality of someone wearing a headset in a room is VERY different from what you hear from a guy in a mask on an intercom or radio. I hope you'll try and adapt your sound files to clip the frequencies and apply the appropriate effects to replicate the audio quality as best you can :)

Just my 2 cents' worth!

Looking forward to playing :)

Hmm, while I know that’s said a lot about comms when it come to actual combat. But from all the recording you can listen to either involving SAM engagements or dogfights. There is always emotion in their tone, heck have you not heard the audio for the two SU-22 shoot downs? There is a hell of a lot of emotions regarding their comms.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

• 3 weeks later...