It's official - Top Gun 2 is ON!

CheckGear

I know you're going to tear me apart, but I think the only good thing about the movie was the soundtrack and the F-14. The plot was very shallow. Fighterpilots with claustrophobia and uncontrolled testosterone. Not even one of those guys would have made it into a fightercockpit in real life... :doh:

I believe Iron Eagle 2 was the one with the plot of fighter pilots with claustrophobia...

Top Gun dealt with pilots losing their edge/confidence when nearly getting shot down (Cougar) and guilt over losing their squad-mates/RIO (Maverick/Goose) causing an overblown ego to be utterly deflated and then brought back up to a rational level.

As long as Danger Zone isnt covered by Blake Shelton.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Top Gun dealt with pilots losing their edge/confidence when nearly getting shot down (Cougar) and guilt over losing their squad-mates/RIO (Maverick/Goose) causing an overblown ego to be utterly deflated and then brought back up to a rational level.

I actually thought Top Gun had a decent story, if not an excellent one. People who think it had no plot are probably shallow audiences anyway. Ultimately, it is a story about growing up and learning you can be hot stuff and still a team player.

As long as Danger Zone isnt covered by Blake Shelton.

Then for God's sake, don't give them any ideas!!! :lol:

Though I hope to hear this song set to the soccer (as opposed to volleyball) scene in the next film:

14. The plot was very shallow. Fighterpilots with claustrophobia and uncontrolled testosterone. Not even one of those guys would have made it into a fightercockpit in real life... :doh:

LOL uncontrolled testosterone, do you know many fighter pilots? Or any civilian pilots? Their as testosterone filled as it gets, especially in 1980's Cold War.

I'm very curious as to how...Val had throat surgery to deal with cancer a few years ago and as a result his voice is waaaay shot to hell

As long as he's had a good dentist, he should be good to go. LOL (FF to 23 seconds)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'm very curious as to how...Val had throat surgery to deal with cancer a few years ago and as a result his voice is waaaay shot to hell

It might be some bit-part, just a quick nod, like Gaff in 2049.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

I read a post today,Val Kilmer is in .

Val Kilmer had a good career going into the late-'90s, then dropped completely off the map. He looks absolutely awful these days. I hope he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in the next film.

Tonight, I fulfilled a lifelong dream. I went out drinking and there was a jukebox at the bar. I played "Lead Me On" by Teena Marie, the song that was playing when Maverick and Goose entered the officer's club early in the film. I can't tell you how awesome it felt; it seemed like I was in the movie!!!

:megalol:

It was, but I'm socially autistic, so I was like all the other Naval Aviators and NFOs at the club and just sat at the bar, sipping my brew. :cry::drink:

Aw man, you've lost that lovin' feeling...

Right, so I'll see myself out....

No doubt it will be officially as crap as the first one, what a crap movie that was. No doubt a platform for so and so propaganda rubbish to boot. Why can't they just let a crap movie die in respect of intelligent people ?

Saving my popcorn for another day.

Greetings

Mizzy

Spoken like a troll Miz......no one hates Top Gun except maybe real life Navial Aviators and NFO's who've actually been there and resent a little how It's portrayed.

"No doubt a platform for so and so propaganda rubbish to boot.".......uh, ok, care to explain this position?