It's official - Top Gun 2 is ON!

CheckGear

Start smiling, boys. I know that's not a Tomcat in the background, but it's going to be 2019 when it hits theaters and I think they chose the right aircraft for the job! :thumbup:

https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status/1002062865971499008/photo/1?tfw_site=cinemablend&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cinemablend.com%2Fnews%2F2428400%2Ftom-cruise-shares-a-top-gun-2-set-photo-that-will-get-fans-crazy-pumped

:):):)

Intel i5-7600K @3,80 (4,9 OC) + Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4@3200 XMP 2.0 + Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED + Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO + Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow Edition

Geforce RTX 2060 6GB

SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD WDC WD500 500GB

Saitek X-52 Pro & Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals & TrackIR 5 & Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS

Oh, yeah, also the Sony PlayStation 4 :happy:

can you explain that joke ?

No Joke.

The French had made a film very similar to Top gun about a decade ago "Les chevaliers du ciel".

I never saw it, however, the photography is amaznig

Other then that, I don't care about TG2.. Just gimme the Cat already :)

Edited by uri_ba

not that similar, except in their flaws.

the photography ( and music ) is amazing, there are some good jokes ( in French at least ) but the dogfights don t make sense, moreover they are too often speed up and it looks like a HAWK gameplay.

Edited by Vilab

:thumbup:

This is totally random, but i think the menu music for the tomcat should be "Danger Zone"

I feel the need, the need for a Kenny Loggins royalty payment.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

:thumbup:

This is totally random, but i think the menu music for the tomcat should be "Danger Zone"

No thanks.

In other news, however, Harold Faltermeyer will return as the new film's composer!!!

Edited by CheckGear

Can we move this thread to the Hornet section? :( :(

Why? Wrong Hornet.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Yeah they're using hornets for this one, there aren't many Tomcats available still in service :lol:

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

I only have one thing to say:

DON'T F**K THIS UP!

This is an incredible task, for the past 30+ years fans have dreamed of a Top Gun 2 movie, so expectations are high. I am afraid, that they are unattainably high.

I really hope Top Gun 2 doesn't suck.

The last time Tomcat got good TV time was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWEy028tvUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqzycxXR54

(then there are few episodes flying F/A-18 as tomcats were out of action)

And now it is time to let new generation to go for "the ball".

The Top Gun 2 has high pressure to deliver more for the F/A-18...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I know you're going to tear me apart, but I think the only good thing about the movie was the soundtrack and the F-14. The plot was very shallow. Fighterpilots with claustrophobia and uncontrolled testosterone. Not even one of those guys would have made it into a fightercockpit in real life... :doh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I know you're going to tear me apart, but I think the only good thing about the movie was the soundtrack and the F-14. The plot was very shallow. Fighterpilots with claustrophobia and uncontrolled testosterone. Not even one of those guys would have made it into a fightercockpit in real life... :doh:

That's actually kind of the point. In the special features documentary, they said they actually started with getting all of the aerial video, then realized they didn't have a plot so they did their best to cobble one together in editing. It's all about the rock and roll dogfighting, no one watches Top Gun for the plot :thumbup:

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin